02-10-09 04:19 PM
26 12
tools
    Sooo.. I've been wanting a Storm for awhile. I've done the Storm Hunt.. Didn't win. I've done a ton of research and have been patiently waiting for my new every 2 to come in November 09'.

Then yesterday my girlfriend said why don't we add a line, I'll take your pearl and you can get the Storm. I was extremely excited. Picked my Storm up yesterday about 4 PM. Brought it to work with me... Thats when it all went down hill..

That night at work it crashed on me about 6 times or just restarted on its own. And today by 1 PM i think it was up to its 5th time. I said this is enough its goin back...

Sorry Storm you really upset me
    02-09-09 07:17 PM
    you prolly just got a lemon, just bring it back, explain your problems and youll have a new one in no time
    02-09-09 07:23 PM
    what version are you running?

if you upgrade to .99 I would be willing to bet that it fixes your problem
    02-09-09 07:38 PM
    Yeah, dont give up that easy. Mine has worked great right out of the box. I think it has only crashed once, and I was pushing the device pretty hard.
    02-09-09 07:42 PM
    just take the deivce back to Verizon. Under your 30 guarantee, you can gert another one in the store. You just got a lemon. It happens. I got mine Dec. 30th, 09 and it has been going great!!

*sidebar* With the Verizon bogo sale, why didn't you get your girl a new BB? It would have been free!!
    02-09-09 07:45 PM
    Definitely a lemon. I was running .65 out of the box and it wasn't THAT bad.
    02-09-09 07:46 PM
    Dont give up!!! This is the best phone I have ever had!!!! Get a new one and upload .99 to it and it will be amazing.
    02-09-09 07:55 PM
    u just got a dud, get another, we wouldn't be here if it weren't that good, besides i had to send mine back 4times, now think hw i feel.
    02-09-09 08:05 PM
    Answer me This:

Just How Many Consumers Should Be Forced to Return "Duds"?

It just seems so difficult to understand.

Why is there such a Large Margin of Build Quality?

We shouldn't have to make Two or Three Returns Just to Find the Perfect One-

What is this, Hamster Shopping?
    Last edited by xxxxpradaxxxx; 02-09-09 at 08:13 PM.
    02-09-09 08:09 PM
    Answer me This:

I think you mistake the small number of people on this forum as an indicator of the overall use of such a device as the Storm. People come here with problems looking for answers and even at that its a very small sample of the general Storm users.

Its not that bad and if it were, Verizon would stop sales until RIM made required changes.
    02-09-09 08:28 PM
    deff dont give up on it. I got mine on the release date at 7 am. had the same problem but did os update and no problem since
    02-09-09 08:34 PM
    Just like most of the people on this thread stated.... you've most likely got a lemon. Just bring it back to your local VZW store and get a "brand new" one.
    There's rarely anything wrong with BB's as far as hardware is concerned.

Just get a new one, and go from there. If you should have any questions arise... there's plenty of support on these forums to point you in the right direction.
    02-09-09 09:06 PM
    Just a case of bad luck.. give it a chance!
    02-09-09 09:48 PM
    I think you mistake the small number of people on this forum as an indicator of the overall use of such a device as the Storm. People come here with problems looking for answers and even at that its a very small sample of the general Storm users.

Its not that bad and if it were, Verizon would stop sales until RIM made required changes.
    Exactly. That's not to say the Storm is perfect though... Eg I would love to see text boxes that support word wrap and typing animatons that don't lag like they currently do.
    02-09-09 09:51 PM
    Answer me This:

No one said you have to. Don't like it? Return it, go with something else.

I was fortunate enough to have a perfect Storm on try #1. Maybe it'll take try #2 for the OP.
    02-09-09 09:52 PM
    I would definately try another one AND give it more than a day. The Storm has a bit of a learning curve.
    02-09-09 10:06 PM
    The only perfect hamster is a dead hamster. I can handle taking my Storm back if I need to, but my 11/21 .75 Storm is still sweeeeeeeet!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-09 10:50 PM
    Sooo.. I've been wanting a Storm for awhile. I've done the Storm Hunt.. Didn't win. I've done a ton of research and have been patiently waiting for my new every 2 to come in November 09'.

Then yesterday my girlfriend said why don't we add a line, I'll take your pearl and you can get the Storm. I was extremely excited. Picked my Storm up yesterday about 4 PM. Brought it to work with me... Thats when it all went down hill..

That night at work it crashed on me about 6 times or just restarted on its own. And today by 1 PM i think it was up to its 5th time. I said this is enough its goin back...

If your phone is really that bad, you got a lemon. Take it back for another one and see what happens. Most likely it'll work quite well....although somewhat slow.

If you are somewhat computer literate, you can upgrade the OS to the latest beta and begin to see what this device is almost capable of.
    02-09-09 10:58 PM
    No one said you have to. Don't like it? Return it, go with something else.

I was fortunate enough to have a perfect Storm on try #1. Maybe it'll take try #2 for the OP.
    Or maybe try #3?

Oh if that's a lemon lets go for #4!

Darn, Another lemon. Time for storm #5!

OH... Another Lemon... I guess it's time for #6...

Last edited by xxxxpradaxxxx; 02-10-09 at 11:00 AM.
    02-10-09 10:52 AM
    I agree. Return for a new one, be patient. Things will get better in the near future!
    02-10-09 10:59 AM
    I've had mine since 11/21/08 and have never had an issue. Think you got a bad phone. Don't give up its a great phone
    02-10-09 11:34 AM

Look at the bright side....you could have done the BOGO "By one get one free" that is available now and added the second line for your girlfriend. If she had the same experience, you would have really been in trouble then!

Hopefully it is just a lemon. .75 has issues wuth video hanging and rebooting but the rest should work OK.
    02-10-09 11:42 AM
    I also, like the other 20 people saying this on here, got the perfect stom first try. Ya i have had 4 crashes, 2 were because of $h!t O/S update, 1 because i almost bricked the phone, and one because i pushed it wayyyyyy to far.

Just stick with it man. Just let us help you and we will help you get that perfect storm like we have!
    (and yes i know there could never be a "perfect" phone so no bashing about that!)

Please,
    Just give it time!
    02-10-09 12:08 PM
    I haven't had any problems with mine except my emails aren't coming in, other than that I love it
    02-10-09 03:31 PM
    Eh man if your not willing to get a new one try out another BB...from what I have experienced with my storm it is WELL worth it.

02-10-09 04:15 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD