First off I want to say hello to everyone because this is my first post... So HEY EVERYBODY!

Now to business. I have been reading all of the threads about how some people are saying not to line up early, while others are saying to camp out days in advance. I live a few miles north of Cincinnati (West Chester). From what I've been told by the store near me is that they should be getting around 40 and that their "appointment/reservation" list is already full. So if I want to get one they said I should get there early on Friday morning because they will be saving a few for the people who show up early and aren't on the list.

So what should I do? Take their advice and get there early? Or listen to some of the people on here and casually stroll into the store whenever I feel like it on Friday?
    11-19-08 03:24 PM
    order it online/telesales and save yourself the hassle? you'll wait til sat ($20) or tues (free) but you might think about that
    11-19-08 03:26 PM
    Go early and get a phone. The list garbage will quickly disintegrate. VZW won't risk closing with stock on hand they could have sold due to people on a list not showing.
    11-19-08 03:27 PM
    I wouldn't wait in line. If I were in your shoes I would do two things. If the store is close stroll into the store in the morning to see if they have any available. If they are out of stock as should be expected from the story you got, order it over the phone from Verizon tele-sales

You were just told they are getting a small amount and they are already spoken for (full appointment list). Why waste your time waiting in line? Give the commission sale to the tele-sales person from the warmth of your home instead of to someone that wants you to wait in line for something they are telling you is already sold out at your local store.

Screw the local sales guys if they are going to feed you this BS or if its real and they have basically tagged the devices for others. You can have your tele-sales device sent overnight to you.
    11-19-08 03:36 PM
    Thanks for the advice guys. The thing that I'm most upset with is that they won't let me know how many extras they are going to have and how many people are on the list.

So I think I'll go up there early and check it out, hopefully get one. If not then I'll probably order it through tele-sales.

Thanks!
    11-19-08 04:17 PM
    as i posted in another thread... better safe, than sorry
    11-19-08 04:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD