I have been using my Storm to record some acoustic songs and it has actually worked great (just so I cant critique my own work on the go) but I was wondering if someone who knows what they are doing could develop a guitar tuner/chords app.

There are online programs that are as simple as a snapshot of the neck and strings by the nut and its just a matter of clicking on the strings to produce a sound plus a collection of chords, scales, and riffs that can be viewed and heard would be cool

I figure that if someone can make a lightsaber app developing one to produce six little notes wouldn't be too hard, at least for a developer...anybody want to give this app idea a shot?

How many guitar enthusiasts would enjoy an app like this?
    02-09-09 12:47 PM
    would be great.
    there is some kind of cord app out,
    but it's not very good. It's so tiny that you can't even see
    where the fingers are supposed to go...
    I, too, use the storm to record on-the-go songs to work on later.
    02-09-09 01:10 PM
    I'm guessing you're not a fan/user of the OTA guitar chord app found over at the OTA Apps thread?

I've never used it, so I have no good feedback on it. Just thought I'd ask to make sure.
    02-09-09 01:10 PM
    I'm guessing you're not a fan/user of the OTA guitar chord app found over at the OTA Apps thread?

I've never used it, so I have no good feedback on it. Just thought I'd ask to make sure.
    ya it's not very good...looking to see if someone could develop something with a bit more depth
    02-09-09 01:14 PM
    Ah, sorry about that. I hate to say it, but I figured as much; I wasn't expecting great things, hence passing on even trying it out on mine.

I think a lot of developers are missing the bus on this one - judging be sheer demand alone, it'd be a super popular application. Just because people tend to use their BBs primarily for work and work-related things, doesn't mean we don't have hobbies and other interests.

We've got great streaming music apps, now how about something for those of us who make music?

(that said, I could barely be considered a guitar player; I'm a drummer. )
    02-09-09 01:26 PM
    there is a guiter learning app out there that works for the storm. perhaps a tweek on this could be what you are after go to wap.getjar.com on your bb browser and the guitar app will be under apps for this device
    02-09-09 01:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD