Can someone please give me a step by step on this... I feel like it should be so easy but I can't get them to show up in Media->Music on my BB although I know they are taking up space on my memory card....
    04-22-09 09:58 AM
    How are you putting them on there? Are you using the Roxio Media Manager or just drag-n-drop to put them on there?

Also, where are they sitting on the memory card?
    04-22-09 10:05 AM
    Can someone please give me a step by step on this... I feel like it should be so easy but I can't get them to show up in Media->Music on my BB although I know they are taking up space on my memory card....
    they have to be unprotected files too or they won't play
    04-22-09 10:06 AM
    Yes they are unprotected...

I am dragging and dropping into the music file... I have also tried dropping into the media sync folder within the music folder
    04-22-09 10:09 AM
    I currently have my phone connected in Mass Storage Mode which allows you to fully browse all the folders on your memory card(as opposed to Media Transfer Protocol mode which only allows you access to some folders) and put my music in to DriveLetter:/BlackBerry/Music (The drive shows up as being named "BLACKBERRY2")

I just drop music in to there and it shows up in the Media application once my BB is disconnected from USB.
    04-22-09 10:15 AM
    a couple of other people have said that they don't always see newly added music until they reboot
    try a battery pull
    04-22-09 10:15 AM
    I use winamp. Easy as pie. and I'm a man who loves easy pie
    04-22-09 10:42 AM
    files should show on phone after you disconnect the phone from your pc. Anyone know if there is a fix for that runtime error when using media manager? I drag and drop right to card
    04-22-09 11:08 AM
    I simply drag and drop the files to my phone without Mass Storage enabled. I also have detailed information applied to each of my MP3s so that the explorer catagorizes the music in a way that you can seach by artist or genre.
    04-22-09 12:42 PM
    I to am having problems. I connect drag and drop to blackberry 2 ringtones but when disconnected the files don't show why is that I can see them in BBfilescout ?
    05-18-09 04:25 AM
    I simply drag and drop the files to my phone without Mass Storage enabled. I also have detailed information applied to each of my MP3s so that the explorer catagorizes the music in a way that you can seach by artist or genre.
    This works for me every time. Make sure mass storage mode is enabled that is the key.
    05-18-09 04:33 AM
    Not for me mass storage is enabled still not helping. The files are there as I can see them using BBfilescout and in the same folder as other ringtones and it even plays if you click on it but doesn't show on the storm , what's going on?
    05-18-09 05:00 AM
    I create a dedicated playlist in Windows Media Player and have the Storm sync to the playlist. It automatically copies the MP3s via the media sync. Whenever I add new music I simply add it to my BB playlist and I am good to go. Works great for me. YMMV
    05-18-09 07:32 AM
    Do batt pull. forces phone to update BB thumbs.dat file for the media
    05-18-09 08:40 AM
    Do batt pull. forces phone to update BB thumbs.dat file for the media
    Pulling the battery or rebooting the phone will not always force the BBThumbs.dat file to update. The only way to ensure that it updates is to delete that file before you start adding new media. Then when the phone is unplugged from the computer, it will create a new BBThumbs.dat file including the new media you have added.

I'm not trying to be argumentative, but in this situation, the battery pull does not always work.
    05-18-09 08:45 AM
    Pulling the battery or rebooting the phone will not always force the BBThumbs.dat file to update. The only way to ensure that it updates is to delete that file before you start adding new media. Then when the phone is unplugged from the computer, it will create a new BBThumbs.dat file including the new media you have added.

I'm not trying to be argumentative, but in this situation, the battery pull does not always work.
    True, glad to be corrected. BBthumbs.dat file is a pain the the rear sometimes. lol To the OP grab you an App called BBFileScout. It will help you greatly with this issue, and many others down the road. hahaha
    Last edited by Bigdaddy2009; 05-18-09 at 09:30 AM.
    05-18-09 09:26 AM
    True, glad to be corrected. BBthumbs.dat file is a pain the the rear sometime
    It sure is!
    05-18-09 09:26 AM
    I just use roxio or rhapsody. I've never had a problem with transferring music.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-09 09:32 AM
    I just use roxio or rhapsody. I've never had a problem with transferring music.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yeah-- the transferring isn't the issue here-- the media card has problems indexing the files once they are added to the phone. If you have never had any issues with it, then that is great!
    05-18-09 09:35 AM
    Has the media card ever been inserted into another device? If so, the other device may have formatted it, making it unreadable by your Storm. If so, wipe the card, reload your music, and put the card straight into the Storm.
    05-18-09 03:26 PM
    I always, ALWAYS, have to reboot my phone 2 times in order to get new media to show up. I use Roxio's Media Manager (which is an awful program) to transfer files via drag and drop. (no conversion)
    05-18-09 04:58 PM
    To everyone in this thread having issues with added media not showing up in menus, please read this thread: Media missing.

I'm not being smart, but this question is answered at least 3 times a day.
    05-18-09 05:03 PM
    I drag and drop going into storage card > music and just drop them there. I sometimes have to reboot to see the updates but it works.

I would like to know how to use winamp, since thats what I use to listen to music.
    05-18-09 05:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD