In QWERTY mode when I switch to numerical the 0 won't work. It won't light up or anything. Anyone else have this problem?
    11-22-08 11:41 AM
    Do a battery pull. If still nothing, than it's probly the sensor in that part of the screen. If that's the case you'll have to exchange it out. Most likely it's a software glitch and a battery pull will fix.
    11-22-08 11:46 AM
    I did. Nothing makes it work. Grrr.
    11-22-08 11:47 AM
    Does the device work on any other program when you touch there, or just on the phone device?
    11-22-08 11:52 AM
    It only does it when I try the keypad. If I use it for the calendar or anything else it works fine. So odd.
    11-22-08 08:59 PM
    After more testing, I have found the two instances it won't work.

1.) QWERTY keyboard mode, the entire bottom left corner is non-responsive.

2.) When in landscape mode, if you click the BB button to bring up the menu that lets you close an application, the close button won't work.

Oddly enough, that section of the screen works as normal if other screens/apps are being used.

Should I take it back or chalk it up to software oddness and wait for update? I did a battery pull twice btw.
    11-22-08 09:39 PM
    Try re installing the OS. Be careful not to go back to the older platform. Do a backup to be safe.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-08 09:56 PM
    Honestly, it almost sounds like your berry is having trouble "clicking". I know mine is pretty tough in the bottom left. It seems like some peoples have a new mechanism that registers clicks around the corners easier. I intend on checking some display models in stores this week to compare.
    11-22-08 09:59 PM
    After more testing, I have found the two instances it won't work.

1.) QWERTY keyboard mode, the entire bottom left corner is non-responsive.

2.) When in landscape mode, if you click the BB button to bring up the menu that lets you close an application, the close button won't work.

Oddly enough, that section of the screen works as normal if other screens/apps are being used.

Should I take it back or chalk it up to software oddness and wait for update? I did a battery pull twice btw.
    Get it swapped. Sounds like a bad digitizer on the screen.
    11-22-08 10:38 PM
    I think I will. I don't want to run into any more issues. Since the new phones won't be shipping til' December, they should order me one and they will do the swap once it comes in correct?
    11-22-08 11:00 PM
    More phones will roll in next week. Don't believe the BS you were told on Friday. There is stock... always has been. Places around me are getting more in Monday and Wednesday.
    11-22-08 11:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD