I've been reading these blogs since the day the storm came out (Incidentally the day that I purchased it). I've upgraded through most of the leaks, and am currently running .99 (which seems to get worse the longer you have it - go figure). This is my first post.

Anyway, I must spend enough with Verizon, because they keep extending my 30 day trial. Today was my last day (for the third time), so I called them to either extend my trial or return the phone. When I asked about the update, I was put on hold for a while and told that it was due out by the end of the month.

They didn't want to give me an exact date, because apparently the original release date had already come and gone. I asked if that meant it could be later today (referencing other blog posts), and was told that the original release date was Tuesday the 17th, so they didn't want to commit to a new date. The rep, then extended my trial and assured me that the new release would be out this month.

Part of me is still hoping that it'll be out today. But realistically it'll be next week. I've read other posts where people bash VZW's customer service. But they'd extended my trial, so there was really no reason for them to give out any information.

My motivation for writing this was to pass info back to a community that has given me a lot. Thanks to those that give useful information and keep on topic. To those that are here to tear down others, please know that I won't be responding.
    02-20-09 11:43 AM
    I will believe it when i see it.
    02-20-09 11:46 AM
    No need to respond, but this could have been added to one of the other threads saying pretty much the same thing.
    02-20-09 11:46 AM
    Multiple vzw techs stated that they have NO information to releases and do not get notified until the OS is released. I do not believe the information because it has been proven wrong in the past!!!
    02-20-09 11:48 AM
    I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. But it would be great if the customer service rep you talked to was right.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-09 11:49 AM
    It would be nice to see the release today. We can hope.

Verizon has been misinforming people for a while. We will see if this one pans out.
    02-20-09 11:50 AM
    I don't blame the poster. I think the CSR was yanking his chain. Probably went something like this: CSR: Hold Please, goes to cubicle next to his/hers "anything on the update" other CSR "I've been telling them end of the month."
    02-20-09 11:53 AM
    I hope you are right, OP, but I have this feeling they are going to try to keep you hanging on until you FINALLY decide to keep the phone. That's the VZW way.....
    02-20-09 11:55 AM
    This is why I started the thread asking people to call 611 and we could write the collective replies...Nobody was interested.

With that being said, every VZW person Ive talked to from San Diego to Vancouver Washington has told me something different with the most common reply being " You'll probably know before I do"

So, the best source is to read every post by Crucial and other respected folks in the know. Basically he has told us some good stuff is coming down the pipe with consistency being the key to success.

Drink coffee, read the blogs, occasionally run out to your computer in the middle of the night hitting F5, **** off your wife, etc. This is all part of the big game..
    02-20-09 11:56 AM
    I've been reading these blogs since the day the storm came out (Incidentally the day that I purchased it). I've upgraded through most of the leaks, and am currently running .99 (which seems to get worse the longer you have it - go figure). This is my first post.

Anyway, I must spend enough with Verizon, because they keep extending my 30 day trial. Today was my last day (for the third time), so I called them to either extend my trial or return the phone. When I asked about the update, I was put on hold for a while and told that it was due out by the end of the month.

They didn't want to give me an exact date, because apparently the original release date had already come and gone. I asked if that meant it could be later today (referencing other blog posts), and was told that the original release date was Tuesday the 17th, so they didn't want to commit to a new date. The rep, then extended my trial and assured me that the new release would be out this month.

Part of me is still hoping that it'll be out today. But realistically it'll be next week. I've read other posts where people bash VZW's customer service. But they'd extended my trial, so there was really no reason for them to give out any information.

My motivation for writing this was to pass info back to a community that has given me a lot. Thanks to those that give useful information and keep on topic. To those that are here to tear down others, please know that I won't be responding.
    I wouldn't hold my breath based on their information. It's in their best interest to keep you on as long as possible purely for the potential that an OS will release so that if it happens to release, then you will fall out of the trial and into a 2 year contract.

They are playing the numbers game. Maybe an OS comes out this month, maybe it doesn't. The fact that Vodafone released .100 gives it a greater chance of happening.

I, for one, don't believe that the VZW reps know anything about when an OS will be released, or it would have already been released. Why wait any longer than they have to and deal with mad people on .75?
    02-20-09 11:57 AM
    StormTechSupport,

I for one appreciate the info that you are passing on. The cynical side of me agrees with everyone else when they say "I will believe it when I see it" but I don't think they should be busting your ba**s for passing what you have heard from Verizon.
    Thanks
    (If nothing else, it will surely stir up the CB nest!!)
    02-20-09 11:58 AM
    I will believe it when i see it.
    i agree...
    02-20-09 12:04 PM
    lets hope it is true....i have been playing with the idea of calling them myself and seeing what they have to say...maybe get a separate answer? who knows...hope you're right!!!!
    02-20-09 12:04 PM
    No offense, but you're the 417th person to get word from a VZW rep that an official OS is on the horizon...
    02-20-09 12:05 PM
    Rule number 1: Never believe anything a CSR tells you.
    02-20-09 12:13 PM
    No offense, but you're the 417th person to get word from a VZW rep that an official OS is on the horizon...
    Fair enough. No offense taken. Take my post for what it is. I didn't hear from my uncle's, wife's, brother - so I figured i'd post. I drew my conclusion, and the goal was to recount my experience and let other's make their own conclusions.

They know they need to fix it.
    02-20-09 12:15 PM
    Well, if nothing else, this forum is a perfect example of the "glass half full/half empty" difference in attitudes.
    02-20-09 12:15 PM
    Here we go again!!

The moment the update gets loaded on my storm and it boots up is when I will know its so.

I'm sure it will be by the end of the month. But! The real question is which month and what year?
    02-20-09 12:19 PM
    Anyone else getting as tired as I am of the "I know a guy who has a friend that has a neighbor that knows a guy with an uncle that works at Verizon who said" type messages! We all know they are working on updates and when they are ready, they will release it/them!
    02-20-09 12:22 PM
    Here we go again!!

The moment the update gets loaded on my storm and it boots up is when I will know its so.

I'm sure it will be by the end of the month. But! The real question is which month and what year?
    2 points to you good sir!!
    02-20-09 12:22 PM
    Anyone else getting as tired as I am of the "I know a guy who has a friend that has a neighbor that knows a guy with an uncle that works at Verizon who said" type messages! We all know they are working on updates and when they are ready, they will release it/them!
    Save Farris!
    02-20-09 12:25 PM
    Save Farris!
    I love it!
    02-20-09 12:27 PM
    here we go again

i know a guy whose sister bangs the guy down the street who in turns bangs the neighbor woman who dates a guy fron VZW who sleeps with the boss

SAID A NEW UPDATE IS AROUND THE CORNER
    02-20-09 12:30 PM
    just got off the phone with cs as well. I asked them to turn water into wine or I'm switching services..They said they WILL!!
    No ETA though..
    02-20-09 12:36 PM
    I want the last minute and a half of my life back.
    02-20-09 12:41 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD