Hey all...

Just got back from VZW corporate store here in Colorado. Store received upwards of 80 or so phones and everyone in line (when I was there at least) got one. All of ours were already loaded with .82. Some of you are saying you have .65 still? Whats the deal there?

Also, with the initial setup, is there another screen protector on the phone already? There is the one with the key labels that is obvious, but is there another one under that?

I had some issues getting my service books and all that to come through (ie no browser, etc) but after a battery pull, things are looking up.

So far I haven't had a chance to test everything out, but the gap is non-existent and does not pose any problem whatsoever. Typing is just fine once you realize that its a new concept and you're going to have to adjust to it.

Overall I'm very VERY impressed and will be posting more here shortly.
    11-21-08 10:08 AM
    check in the about screen again. are you sure it's not 4.7.0.65 (Platform 4.0.0.82)

according to crucial on another thread the release higher than .65 for verizon isn't out yet...
    11-21-08 10:11 AM
    ah...found the reason for some of the confusion over the OS. The first number ends in .65 and the last one is .82. Im not really sure what they all mean, but thats gotta be why people are confused.
    11-21-08 10:12 AM
    haha you beat me to it max...i should probably change the name of the thread
    11-21-08 10:12 AM
    It is definetly .82 at the end.
    11-21-08 10:15 AM
    Once again....that's the build not the OS
    11-21-08 10:16 AM
    The tech at the store I was at said you are supposed to remove that screen protector, it is only for shipping purchases. I was having trouble with the screen, but as soon as he removed the protector everything worked great.
    11-21-08 10:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD