Took the opportunity to use my 30 day warranty from verizon to get another storm since all of the "glitches" are so prevalent in the storm and fall under the warranty. Anways, I was pulling only 7 hours of battery life with the screen completely dimmed and GPS/Bluetooth off. I've had some trouble but finally got .109 back. I just thought it was interesting that yet another vzw rep told me that a new OS would be out within a week or two. For the guy who was on here defending them yesterday, I didn't ask him he freely offered this information and no I don't believe him lol. He did say that I would know when it was out before he would (text) and that RIM told them it would be ou at the start of march, but hasn't surfaced yet. Take it FWIW.... Just wanted to chime in on the vzw reps promising upgrades and get the fuss started again.
    03-07-09 08:49 PM
    Most reps know less then most of us. I've taught reps at stores features about the phones they sell. Same thing at car dealerships.

They should know the products they are trying to sell, IMO.

Anyways, congrats on your new Storm.
    03-07-09 08:52 PM
    I agree that they should know about the products they are selling

but you can't expect them to be such tech geeks like most of us are here and know everything about release dates and such. They usually just tell you what information they've been told by their superiors.
    03-07-09 09:28 PM
    Maybe I am lucky or something. The sales reps in my local VzW store know a lot about the Storm and mobile phones as a whole. Every time when I went into the store for something, I ended up spending additional time talking tech stuffs with them.

As of release date, most of them probably don't know because VzW is not going to let them know in advance. And even if they know, they are not allow to tell the customers. This is pretty much the same for any company, not just VzW.
    Last edited by substring; 03-07-09 at 09:58 PM.
    03-07-09 09:56 PM
    Took the opportunity to use my 30 day warranty from verizon to get another storm since all of the "glitches" are so prevalent in the storm and fall under the warranty. Anways, I was pulling only 7 hours of battery life with the screen completely dimmed and GPS/Bluetooth off. I've had some trouble but finally got .109 back. I just thought it was interesting that yet another vzw rep told me that a new OS would be out within a week or two. For the guy who was on here defending them yesterday, I didn't ask him he freely offered this information and no I don't believe him lol. He did say that I would know when it was out before he would (text) and that RIM told them it would be ou at the start of march, but hasn't surfaced yet. Take it FWIW.... Just wanted to chime in on the vzw reps promising upgrades and get the fuss started again.
    you do realize the 30 days you had was to try the storm out right? other then that, you have a ONE YEAR warrenty on the phone for anything that happens to it as far as problems go.
    03-07-09 09:58 PM
    If the store techs you run into are anything like the techs I deal with at my local verizon store then you can't really blame them. Most are in their early 20s and still in school, selling phones for spending money. I can't really expect a college kid to really give that much of a damn.
    03-07-09 09:58 PM
    you do realize the 30 days you had was to try the storm out right? other then that, you have a ONE YEAR warrenty on the phone for anything that happens to it as far as problems go.
    You have 1 year warranty, providing you don't install any unsupported OS.
    03-07-09 09:59 PM
    You have 1 year warranty, providing you don't install any unsupported OS.
    i sent back 3 of my storms for problems with leaked versions on the phone...verizon has yet to say anything.... but if your worried about the warrenty, you can always put .75 back on it though
    03-07-09 10:03 PM
    Vzw employees I would never dare to call them techs. More like artists in being the worst support team ever. They are truly morons there should be an award for that strong of stupid.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-09 10:31 PM
    Most reps know less then most of us. I've taught reps at stores features about the phones they sell. Same thing at car dealerships.

They should know the products they are trying to sell, IMO.

Anyways, congrats on your new Storm.
    Same here seriously I find it funny when they don't know how to do something and send you to crackberry

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-09 11:23 PM
    When i bought my storm 2 days ago the VZW rep that I bought it from had one as his personal phone. The guy literally knew next to nothing about these phones other than "HEHE I got a cool phone check me out". He was trying to point out how to get on Verizons App store and buy apps from them.... That was the only thing he seemed to know how to do. I questioned him about the operating system version that was on his phone. His response was I have no idea how to check that.
    03-07-09 11:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD