Title says it all! Man I am loving this thing. I went from the Curve to the Storm. I Lucked out and found a used one on CList that was only 2 weeks old. from 2 very respectful people in my area.

I Don't know what to do first! i set up my BB Email, and installing the normal Messenger applications. and changing text properties and such.

Anything I Should get, Know or Do? Its kinda of sluggish but its running .75. I'm not too good at the using leaked OS's. took me 2 hours to do it on my Curve. but what would you guys recommend?
    01-30-09 04:39 PM
    Welcome to the storm! Its the best phone I have owned to date. I would advise you to head over to the 3rd party apps section of the storm forum and check out some of the free stuff there.
    01-30-09 04:43 PM
    I recommend the following APPS:

Weatherbug
    AP Mobile News

Both are GREAT!!!
    01-30-09 04:51 PM
    Welcome to the Storm, glad you are loving it. Be sure to check out the useful website under my sig. Great and will help out a lot.
    01-30-09 04:56 PM
    Congrats on the STORM!!!!!

If you are loving it on the first day, I can't imagine what's to come.

When I got mine, it was my first blackberry ever!! And at first, because I wasn't use to it...I thought it may have been a mistake.

Took about 2 wks of messing with it, adding apps, and a few tweaks to the settings and now I'm HEAD OVER HEELS IN LOVE!!!

I'm still not as fast as I use to be with my texting but the rest makes up for it.

I'd suggest one of the apps to lock the storm during calls, there are a few different ones. My cheek always bumped it during calls and would mute the call.
    Last edited by missyzane; 01-30-09 at 05:02 PM. Reason: adding info
    01-30-09 05:01 PM
    Welcome to Storm-hood

Be sure to give SureType in Portrait mode enough of a chance. it takes a bit of getting used to (I also switched from a Curve to the Storm) but it's REALLY grown on me and you can still pound out a message quickly using just one thumb.

AP News is a superb application. Weatherbug is also good and I also have Slacker installed for streaming music. Slacker isn't the official "Storm Version" but I gather that should be released soon.

Don't be afraid to ask questions - the search button is a big help though; most everything you'll encounter has been asked before and there's some good guidance in the older posts.

Enjoy!!
    01-30-09 05:04 PM
    Where do you get the weatherbug app???
    01-30-09 06:30 PM
    Where do you get the weatherbug app???
    Welcome aboard. First time BB user and best phone ever for me.

Weatherbug is awesome. Get it here http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/blackberry-storm-ota-apps-thread-107305/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by GADGET-GEEK; 01-30-09 at 07:16 PM.
    01-30-09 07:13 PM
    Thanks guys. Slowly getting use to it. I'm not sure what other people's deal is with this thing, the only real slow part about it is maybe going from portrait to landscape and then sometimes it takes a few extra seconds for an application to load. but i think a lot of folks are spoiled from their curves, pearls, iphones, etc. that they expect it all to be fast

Any google applications?
    01-30-09 07:47 PM
    Thanks guys. Slowly getting use to it. I'm not sure what other people's deal is with this thing, the only real slow part about it is maybe going from portrait to landscape and then sometimes it takes a few extra seconds for an application to load. but i think a lot of folks are spoiled from their curves, pearls, iphones, etc. that they expect it all to be fast

Any google applications?
    Highly recommend Google Maps. It's not GPS-based location (cell tower triangulation instead) but I like it a lot more than BB Maps.

Google Sync is great too as it keeps my calendar and contacts synced. Nice to always have a fluid backup in the background.

Some people use the Gmail App as well but I prefer to access it via the Browser instead.
    01-30-09 07:48 PM
    I know with my Curve i google a google pac that had News, Mail, Maps, Sync on it, but I can't find it on the storm. Any help?
    01-30-09 08:08 PM
    Wait a second! You sound happy! I was just reading a thread by all of these disgruntled storm owners who switched to the curve. How could you possibly be happy?
    01-30-09 08:57 PM
    There are plenty of Rant Threads. This is not one of them. Keep it on topic.
    01-30-09 09:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD