Well, I received my replacement Storm yesterday afternoon. My primary complaint was the 6-8+ unscheduled re-boots per day. (It actually seemed to be getting worse.)

The new device did not re-boot once yesterday afternoon or evening, but I am still holding my breath.

The big, exciting news however is the screen. It is amazing. My typing speed and accuracy have increased exponentially. I don't know if my first device was defective or if they have made improvements over the original design, but the improvment is dramatic.

BTW, my first device was manufactured in Canada, while the new device was manufactured in Mexico.
    12-16-08 06:49 AM
    Good news--glad you like it. If it was mine, I'd be careful about loading a bunch of beta apps. This might not have anything to do with performance, but I tend to be cautious about stuff. I don't have any real issues with mine and I have had it since 8AM on Nov 21.

Good luck!!!!!
    12-16-08 06:58 AM
    I increased Tap and Hover to 1000 and that helped tremendously. Now there is no lag when I'm typing.
    Last edited by e34m5; 12-16-08 at 07:06 AM.
    12-16-08 07:03 AM
    I should be getting mine today.

Ordered 11/21.

Anything specific you did when you got your hands on it?

I'm assuming check the screen, check the buttons, check to see if the unit overall is used or not, and then plug it in to charge.

I was planning on using the unit even while it's charging. Good or bad?
    12-16-08 07:03 AM

Ordered 11/21.

I'm assuming check the screen, check the buttons, check to see if the unit overall is used or not, and then plug it in to charge.

You ordered 11/21 and still don't have it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-08 07:20 AM
    I got my replacement yesterday too. I was first in line the day it came out, mine was from Canada. Didn't have too many complaints although it did take FOREVER to reboot and my bb key wasn't working right, you had to push it several times to get the options to pull up, once it a while my screen would freeze in a fuzzy rainbow like screen and I would have to pull, and answering calls on it was tough sometimes.

My new one is from Mexico. I just now put my stuff on it. Just did a transfer through BB Desktop. The switch between landscape and portrait seems faster, the screen clicks differently like it's louder or something, my bb key works the first time you push it, and it doesn't take anywhere close to the time that my first one did to reboot. We'll see how the day goes with this one.
    12-16-08 07:48 AM

Ordered 11/21.

My order was delayed this long because I'm an employee. Still overjoyed to be getting it. Hopefully it'll be one with the screen/firmware updated and fixed.
    12-16-08 08:05 AM
    I just got a replacement yeaterday too. I got my original (actually 2 of them) on launch day. Both were nearly perfect out of the box but one had the BB Button problem that made it aggravating to use as I had to press it hard, just right to get the menus to pop up. (Both were fron Canada)

The new one is perfect and amazingly fast considering it still has the old .65 OS version. I'm almost afraid to update it ;-)
    12-16-08 08:23 AM
    sweet, i can't wait for mine to arrive

on the truck as of 7:50
    12-16-08 08:26 AM
    I increased Tap and Hover to 1000 and that helped tremendously. Now there is no lag when I'm typing.
    I did the same thing on my original Storm and it did seem to make a difference. To be honest though, I don't think it will be necessary on the new device.
    12-16-08 08:29 AM
    I have a new device on the way as well..should be there when I get home today...nothing was wrong with mine except the whole power button came off and wouldn't reattach thing. I hope the new one is better , not worse as I had no issues with the phone besides the sometimes laggy OS
    12-16-08 09:07 AM
    Does replacement come with another memory card? How do I go about backing up bb messenger contacts? I did the "full back up" on my computer last night but I wanted to be sure.
    12-16-08 09:10 AM
    My replacement Storm came as a complete package...everything new in the box. I am sending back all of the old stuff.
    12-16-08 09:27 AM
    What do you mean when you say you increased the tap and hoover??
    12-16-08 10:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD