Ok, I need some help. Today I was trying to use my Storm to pay some bills. My complaint is about Blackberrys access to the internet. It seems that the Storm does not want to respond when I first try to connect, I have to keep pressing to connect.

I guess what I'am looking for is a better browser than the Blackberry browser. I also hate Bing or Opera Mini.
    07-07-10 06:38 PM
    Ok, I need some help. Today I was trying to use my Storm to pay some bills. My complaint is about Blackberrys access to the internet. It seems that the Storm does not want to respond when I first try to connect, I have to keep pressing to connect.

I guess what I'am looking for is a better browser than the Blackberry browser. I also hate Bing or Opera Mini.
    pressing WHAT to connect??

Is there anything you DO like?
    07-07-10 06:46 PM
    I'm sorry I probably did not make myself clear. I need a browser that is reliable and easy to use with the storm.
    07-07-10 07:13 PM
    You'll find no satisfaction in the BB browser until the webkit comes out. Nobody knows when that will be, or how well it will work when it does come out. Opera Mini is the fastest browser I've used on my S2. vzw.com will load in about 10 seconds, compared to 90 seconds on the bb browser. To me, that kind of speed difference is worth spending a few days getting acclimated to that browser. It's not bad...it's just different. Think of it like someone giving you a free Porsche, but the one they give you has a manual transmission, and all your cars have always been automatics. It's worth learning how to shift the gears.
    07-07-10 07:23 PM
    You'll find no satisfaction in the BB browser until the webkit comes out. Nobody knows when that will be, or how well it will work when it does come out. Opera Mini is the fastest browser I've used on my S2. vzw.com will load in about 10 seconds, compared to 90 seconds on the bb browser. To me, that kind of speed difference is worth spending a few days getting acclimated to that browser. It's not bad...it's just different. Think of it like someone giving you a free Porsche, but the one they give you has a manual transmission, and all your cars have always been automatics. It's worth learning how to shift the gears.
    You should probably get an iPhone or a Droid. The browser is great. Of course, email and communication sucks. whatever......
    07-07-10 07:38 PM
    I go back and forth between Opera and BB browser. They each have their advantages and disadvantages.
    07-07-10 07:42 PM
    Whatever you do, don't put sensitive info (bank, credit card, etc) on the Opera Mini browser. It is faster than stock and really very easy to use.
    07-07-10 07:47 PM
    Thank you for your responses, I have had an Iphone and a mytouch by tmobil. Once I learn how to use the Storm2 I do fine. Thanks again. I'm now trying to find out how to load the new os.
    07-07-10 07:53 PM
    I'm surprised that nobody mentioned "BOLT" as another browser you can try....
    07-07-10 08:03 PM
    The BlackBerry browser leaves a lot to be desired. It's good for mobile sites, not so much with full sites, especially image heavy sites.

Try using uZard Web or Bolt Browser instead for full web sites.

uZard supports Flash. uZard loads full web pages very quickly and completely. It's beta however and needs some work.

Bolt has been out a while and is very quick and renders sites PC style. A nice feature of Bolt is you can download a plugin that adds ""Open With Bolt" in your BlackBerry menu. Then when you get a link sent by email, SMS, BBM you can highlight the link, press Menu, Open With Bolt.

i hope the BlackBerry browser is upgraded very soon (webkit).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-10 08:16 PM
    uZard is really cool but it does not work on the s2 yet. Hopefully soon. They say soon they will support all devices
    07-07-10 08:22 PM
    That's too bad. Yes, hopefully soon. i tend to use uZard more than Bolt now.

07-07-10 08:23 PM
    real cool, I downloaded bolt and it seems to fit my needs at this time. Thanks folks. This Blackberry is real new to me and I need all the help I can get.
    07-07-10 11:08 PM
    Opera didn't do it for me.... Yes it was fast which is fine for just viewing but it seemed to short-circuit anytime you had to enter data into fields.... Is would wipe out the data you entered and just reload the wenpage. Frustrating. Happened more than 50% of the time (no exaggeration).

07-08-10 05:50 AM
    i have had no issues with the stock browser, if i need a faster web browser i turn on the laptop i always have with me,
    07-08-10 05:54 AM
    That uZard sounds awesome...if they can get flash working on a Storm2 browser, I'd definitely be interested.
    07-08-10 06:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD