Okay, so I've had the storm pretty much all of one day. A few things came up that I'm kind of weary about but maybe someone can help me fix them.

1) I Had it set to Only Phone calls make noise and alerts don't. which makes the light blink red when you get a message. This worked for maybe 3 hours until i rebooted my phone for an application. I have checked the settings, and its checked to "Phone calls Only" still, but still the light flashes green. Not a big problem, but I miss that on my other BB.

2) I've had the camera just pop up out of no where, middle of text messages, writing in google search, it'll just pop up, and i can't do anything. the screen turns into a camera, but you can't get out of it, unless you constantly hit end and wait 5min. I'm not hitting the camera button, but I have a silicone case on it, which isn't hitting the button either.

3) after the latest reboot when I was trying to get stormlock to work, My blackberry Email had a (1) then my email next to it, but I have no messages. I tried turning on and off, and its still there.

other then that, I'm enjoying it. i would just like to get these factors taken care of lol.
    01-30-09 10:14 PM
    Really? Nobody? o.O
    01-30-09 10:36 PM
    What os ya got...I'd assume .75 if ya just got it, unless you put on a leaked one, but if you have .65 make sure you update it.....the phone calls only I dunno...havn't done that on mine...I like annoying the people at work with my special ed "I got mail YAAAAY" alert for my e--mail, and my homer simpson txt alert! :P as far as the e-mail thing...try checking under messages, and also under sms, and see if there's something in there yer not noticing...once in a while I'll get a new message, and i don't see it when I first go into the folder, cuz I gotta scroll up. If that doesn't work...try a battery pull.

I'm no expert...by far not an expert...but I hope it helps.
    01-30-09 10:58 PM
    Okay, so I've had the storm pretty much all of one day. A few things came up that I'm kind of weary about but maybe someone can help me fix them.

1) I Had it set to Only Phone calls make noise and alerts don't. which makes the light blink red when you get a message. This worked for maybe 3 hours until i rebooted my phone for an application. I have checked the settings, and its checked to "Phone calls Only" still, but still the light flashes green. Not a big problem, but I miss that on my other BB.

2) I've had the camera just pop up out of no where, middle of text messages, writing in google search, it'll just pop up, and i can't do anything. the screen turns into a camera, but you can't get out of it, unless you constantly hit end and wait 5min. I'm not hitting the camera button, but I have a silicone case on it, which isn't hitting the button either.

3) after the latest reboot when I was trying to get stormlock to work, My blackberry Email had a (1) then my email next to it, but I have no messages. I tried turning on and off, and its still there.

other then that, I'm enjoying it. i would just like to get these factors taken care of lol.
    I haven't experienced the other issues just #3.

For 3, have you altered any of the home screen settings? If you're displaying more or less than the default 2 bars on the home screen, if you're displaying more or less than the default bars after entering a folder from the home screen, this can cause a false message notification to persistently appear. Reset everything back to default, yank the battery, and the problem should be gone.
    01-30-09 11:03 PM
    The battery pull worked. haven't had the camera thing happen since i rebooted, and the red light still won't flash ><
    01-31-09 12:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD