My Storm 1 crashed Sunday night with message on screen stating 'Reload Softwares 552'. I called Verizon Tech Support and they just ended up giving me a brand new Storm 2 for free! All I had to do was re-sign my contract for another two years. Gonna miss my Storm 1 but the Storm 2 is sweet! Just got it today. Anyone wanting to upgrade, try using that excuse.
    Last edited by Yeagerbomb3; 05-04-10 at 07:57 PM.
    05-04-10 07:55 PM
    I've got another eight months on my current two year contract, and my Storm 1 (replaced once, recently) is fine for now, so I plan to just wait and see what miracle phones are on the market next January
    05-04-10 08:47 PM
    same,,here

juz hoping for a gud phone next yrr
    05-04-10 09:30 PM
    My Storm 1 crashed Sunday night with message on screen stating 'Reload Softwares 552'. I called Verizon Tech Support and they just ended up giving me a brand new Storm 2 for free! All I had to do was re-sign my contract for another two years. Gonna miss my Storm 1 but the Storm 2 is sweet! Just got it today. Anyone wanting to upgrade, try using that excuse.
    I'm on my 4th phone. I actually had to replace two in the month of April. Verizon wouldn't budge and give me the Storm2. If it happens again.... Hopefully they will upgrade me. I'm due for an upgrade now and full upgrade in July. Don't know what the big deal is? Oh well.... guess I'll just wait until July
    05-05-10 09:21 AM
    I too am going to wait it out... until my contract runs out at the end of the year.
    By then there will be some that will work with the new LTE network...
    S3 should be out, and possible the DROID2 and maybe even the long awaited Verizon iPhone...
    05-05-10 10:35 AM
    Actually Tech Support told me they have more "pull" then the stores or anyone else. It was either they send me a refurb Storm 1 or get the Storm 2 for $99. I chose the Storm 2 and will be able to upgrade in a year ( just in time for when the new BB's come out). And I ended up not even having to pay the $99!
    05-05-10 03:23 PM
    You guys are lucky...I recently had to change my Storm 1 and I got a refurb yesterday but won't charge...I called today and they are sending me another refurb. I asked him if he could just send me the S2 but he said no...sucks, hope this one that its coming tomorrow finally works...
    05-05-10 06:09 PM
    so basically the only reason you got a new phone was because you signed on for TWO MORE YEARS?? That's what everyone does isn't it? Am I missing something?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-10 02:58 PM
    I was only a year into my contract. I get the signing thing, but the big thing is he forgot to charge me. Bill in my hand says $0. I should have had to pay $99.
    05-06-10 09:19 PM
    so basically the only reason you got a new phone was because you signed on for TWO MORE YEARS?? That's what everyone does isn't it? Am I missing something?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    A Storm 2 is not free with a contract unless the price is overridden. So that's something not everyone gets.
    05-07-10 03:34 AM
    You guys are lucky...I recently had to change my Storm 1 and I got a refurb yesterday but won't charge...I called today and they are sending me another refurb. I asked him if he could just send me the S2 but he said no...sucks, hope this one that its coming tomorrow finally works...
    I had to exchange my S1 last week (parts of the touch screen did not work). They said my S1 was still under warranty even after 16 months, and they could give me a new one at no charge (no insurance deductible). Or she told me I could upgrade my phone by signing a new 2-year contract... I could get the S2 for $99. (besides I'm thinking I'll try wirefly.com next time.. S2 & Droid are both only $19.99)

But I told her I'd stick with the S1 for now, didn't want to use my upgrade at this point. Hoping in the next six months we will have some LTE phones...
    05-07-10 12:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD