Didnt know where else to ask this question.

Im going out of the country for a few months. I have google voice and that number is on my Faves so any GV calls are free for me.
    My question is, if i go international, if someone calls my google voice, will the call be free?
    04-27-10 04:30 PM
    I doubt it. International roaming charges will still hammer your bill.
    04-27-10 05:19 PM
    When people call your f&f #s, which can also include your google # or google access #, you will be charged the rate of the country you are roaming in. This does not use your minutes regardless of whether its an "in" call (mobile to mobile) or a friends and fam phone #. Hope this helps...

The only time a call can be free using this method is if you are in the country and not roaming off an outside country's network.
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 04-27-10 at 06:43 PM.
    04-27-10 06:41 PM
    The calling is not free, but the SMS through google voice is free. I just returned from the UK and used the heck out of the SMS.

As far as the voice goes, when making outgoing calls, you are calling a US google number to connect your call. So the charge is the same whether you call the person direct or call them using google voice.
    04-27-10 09:16 PM
    yes i know, well essentially, i guess what im asking is if i call a number thats one of my 10 favs while roaming internationally, will it be free?

if not, what are some options for international voice calls?
    04-27-10 10:42 PM
    Its not free because you are roaming and not on verizons network. Your options are to pay roaming costs or if you want to make local calls only, unlock it and get a prepaid Sim from the country you're in

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-10 05:40 AM
    youmail can give you free access to voice messages if you're on an int data plan. Same goes for google voice along with its SMS feature

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-10 05:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD