Went to redownload google voice app after upgrade to 5.0 now I try to download and it says device not supported. Any one have this problem or maybe a solution or jad file?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-09 08:11 AM
    I just downloaded it the other day...did you go to m.google.com from your BB Browser?
    10-29-09 08:13 AM
    I just downloaded it the other day...did you go to m.google.com from your BB Browser?
    I just tried downloading and it does state that my device is not supported! I have a blackberry storm and it was ok until I upgraded to 5.0.0.328

10-29-09 08:20 AM
    figured it out set your browser to fire fox and yet again just worked for me.

10-29-09 08:21 AM
    Fire fox for blackberry? What do you mean?
    figured it out set your browser to fire fox and yet again just worked for me.

10-29-09 08:29 AM
    In your browser hit BB buTton options hit browser condigre in there is an option to change browser from blackberry to fire fox under browser ID

10-29-09 08:47 AM
    In your browser hit BB buTton options hit browser condigre in there is an option to change browser from blackberry to fire fox under browser ID

Appreciate the info!

10-29-09 08:58 AM
    Wait. I just have a choice of "Blackberry Browser" and "Internet Browser." I do not have an option for Firefox. I am on 5.0.0.328. What am I doing wrong?
    10-30-09 10:53 AM
    Wait. I just have a choice of "Blackberry Browser" and "Internet Browser." I do not have an option for Firefox. I am on 5.0.0.328. What am I doing wrong?
    72 hour bump. Anybody?
    11-02-09 12:33 PM
    if u are asking about the search app .. this 100% works and is best link out there to get it..

OTA Google
    11-02-09 01:09 PM
    Asking about the search app? Are you replying to me? No, I'm asking why Firefox isn't an option in my pulldown list for browser identification in 5.0.0.328.
    11-02-09 02:13 PM
    Do not go to options Icon.

Open your browser.

Press menu button (the one with the Blackberry logo)

Select options in the menu that comes up.

Select Browser Configuration in the Browser Options screen that comes up.

Change Browser Identification from Blackberry (which is the default) to Firefox (Internet Explorer might work too, I don't know)

Save the changes and try to download Google Voice again. You should have no issues.

You might want to change it back to Blackberry when your done to avoid other problems downloading stuff if you are used to Blackberry Browser Identification.
    11-02-09 03:24 PM
    72 hour bump. Anybody?
    Look at the post above this one... You will have an option to make your browser identified as Firefox or IE. I had the same issue - Google Apps were telling me that my device was not supported, but once I changed it to Firefox, I downloaded Google App and Google Voice app.
    11-02-09 07:59 PM
    Do not go to options Icon.

Open your browser.

Press menu button (the one with the Blackberry logo)

Select options in the menu that comes up.

Select Browser Configuration in the Browser Options screen that comes up.

Change Browser Identification from Blackberry (which is the default) to Firefox (Internet Explorer might work too, I don't know)

Save the changes and try to download Google Voice again. You should have no issues.
    PERFECT. Thank you!
    11-06-09 05:41 PM
    thanks worked for me too! I didn't even know we had such options. LOL
    This site is the best!
    11-07-09 01:56 PM
    You guys rock, thanks for the help!
    11-07-09 08:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD