This post is for the Blackberry Storm, preferably the 9530 model.

Google DOES NOT support Google Voice application for the Storm.

I have searched both Google Support, Google search, and here on the Crackberry forums. I am looking to download and install the Google Voice App on my BB Storm 9530. I know the application seems to be buggy or whatever, but I am fine with that. The only problem is, I cannot get the application to download or find where to download it.

I have tried to visit m.google.com/voice on my BB, and I also changed the browser identification.

Can anyone help me from here?
    Last edited by Erkdance; 07-16-10 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Clarification
    07-16-10 05:43 PM
    I have encountered any bugs in the GV app. That address brings me to the download page for version 0.1.7 on my Bold.
    07-16-10 05:52 PM
    I have encountered any bugs in the GV app. That address brings me to the download page for version 0.1.7 on my Bold.
    Looking around, Google does not support the Storm due to touch screen issues, and Storm users used to be able to circumvent the blocked download by changing the browser identification. Key word used to, because I have tried and I cannot. I am looking for the desktop installation files.
    07-16-10 07:13 PM
    did you go to google voice on your comp and ask for an invite? they will send you the link. I run it on my 9530 and it works great with the touch screen and everything.
    07-16-10 10:22 PM
    did you go to google voice on your comp and ask for an invite? they will send you the link. I run it on my 9530 and it works great with the touch screen and everything.
    I have had Google Voice since the first beta invites were sent out I just never got around to using it. If I go to the website it just displays the mobile website for google voice.
    07-16-10 10:44 PM
    There's no such thing as an invite anymore.

Google brought voice out of beta a month ago.

GV runs fine on touchscreen BB, but OP is starting new threads without bothering to read the replies to his other ones.

From the other thread:

Browser: FireFox
    Link: m.google.com
    Action: Click on Voice
    Action: Click Download
    Action: Disable Compatibility Mode
    Done.
    07-17-10 12:31 AM
    The directions directly above my post do work, I just downloaded GV last week for my 9530 using the same method. Make sure you are changing your browser to Firefox and saving the changes.

Jason
    07-17-10 04:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD