Does anyone know the difference between the 3 applications?!?!

Pros, Cons??!!

Reason being - I'm looking to either delete maps totally and install one of the Google apps.
    03-01-09 09:59 PM
    i use the newest gmaps because it is the only one that works properly with strms GPS. i deleted bbmaps but the problem with that is many 3rd party apps require maps to function. the BOFA app requires maps. i deleted it but once i get access to a windows computer ill reload bbmaps. ur call
    03-01-09 10:02 PM
    Did you hear anything about Google Latitude??

So your basically saying, leave Maps on...

Is there a big difference between the Google apps and the pre installed maps app anyway??
    03-01-09 10:05 PM
    One nice feature of Maps is the option to email a map. I can't find this on google maps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-09 10:11 PM
    In my humble opinion, Latitude is a great idea. It is Google's first attempt to get into social networking.
    03-01-09 10:12 PM
    Google Maps can be used as a GPS while driving ... BB Maps cannot ... Google Maps with Latitude is like a cross between GPS and Twitter ... you can tell other Latitude users where you are and they can find and meet you based on your location. Or you can find someone who is giving out their location and go meet them.
    03-01-09 10:14 PM
    Well out of all these posts, it seems like Google Latitude would seem really nice.

Would any of you recommend me deleting Maps and just get Google Latitude to save space, or does Google Latitude not work well without Maps??
    03-01-09 10:20 PM
    I have both. Maps is good b/c it tells u how fast your going, google can't do that.

03-01-09 10:26 PM
    Off the subject, but does anyone know why my Flicker and V-cast applications WILL NOT Delete?!?!?!

I am going into advanced options and there not there, but the icons are on the application page.

Can you NOT delete them??
    03-01-09 10:34 PM
    "I have both. Maps is good b/c it tells u how fast your going, google can't do that."

Is that google maps you have or Latitude?!??
    03-01-09 10:36 PM
    Google Maps can be used as a GPS while driving ... BB Maps cannot ... Google Maps with Latitude is like a cross between GPS and Twitter ... you can tell other Latitude users where you are and they can find and meet you based on your location. Or you can find someone who is giving out their location and go meet them.
    umm... why cant bb maps not be used as a gps while driving? it sure can although gmaps does it better.
    03-01-09 10:47 PM
    google maps = google latitude. latitude is just an added feature for google maps.
    03-01-09 10:50 PM
    If you use BB Messenger and want to share your location with another BBM user. keep the BB map.
    03-01-09 10:54 PM
    Google Latitude and Google Maps are the same app....

BB Maps is nice to keep because quite a few things depend on it to do various functions.

Keep them both, never open BB maps.
    03-01-09 10:54 PM
    Ok so when I download Google Maps, Latitude comes with it, right??!!

In everyone's opinion is Google maps better than Maps by BB??

Which is easier to use anyway??
    03-01-09 11:26 PM

Latitude is a feature of GMaps, you'll see the info after install. BB Maps is a decent map, I used while GPS didn't work for GMaps. But GMaps loads 10x faster and is a bit simpler to use, plus I've been using it for a while.
    03-01-09 11:30 PM
    umm... why cant bb maps not be used as a gps while driving? it sure can although gmaps does it better.

I could have phrased that better. Yes, BB maps has the same functionality. I just found it to be so slow updating and clunky to try to use as a Navigation aid I went ahead and got VZ Navigator. I've never tried to use Google Maps as a Nav aid ... my guess is the limitations would be the same. I'll take turn by turn voice instructions with a 3D overview of an intersection and traffic alerts FTW.
    03-02-09 01:15 AM
    Honestly, I think I've only opened BB maps once or twice just to check it out. I use Google Maps almost daily, I have it in satellite view and I use the GPS everywhere I go. I got lost the other day in a new area and found my way to the freeway in like five minutes with Gmaps. Definitely a better app than BB maps if you ask me.
    03-02-09 01:50 AM
    Correct, Latitude is a part of Google Maps. If you install the newest google maps, you have latitude as well.

Google maps has many many more features than BB maps. Way too many features to list conventiently.

Which is easier to use? Couldn't really say as they're both really simple to use. One just has more features than the other.
    03-02-09 02:11 AM
    Maybe I didn't play with google maps long enough but I saw no advantage to having it. Sometime when I was loading bbmaps I saw they were done by google anyways. I have not tried to use either as GPS in a driving environment more just playing with it in my living room testing the GPS. Google was still wayyy off but then I'm on Bell.

03-02-09 02:16 AM
    Gmaps is better cause it has details on streets.
    03-02-09 02:45 AM

Latitude is included in newest rev of Gmaps but it requires a simple activation. When you have Gmaps running you can hit the menu key and there is a selection to activate Latitude. If you have Gmail, your account credentials (username/password) can be used to activate Latitude.

I have both Gmaps and BBmaps and both are super simple to use. I keep both mostly because 3rd party apps like Weatherbug use BBmaps for location. I prefer Gmaps for GPS mapping tasks but for Navigation I own Garmin Mobile.

Gmaps is better IMO because of its features. It has Satellite view. Where the Satellite data is of the high detailed variety, you can easily see actual streets and buildings. In addition, if you are fortunate enough to be in an area where there is Street View data, you can actually get street level images of your location. That helps if you are trying to locate a particular store front for example.
    03-02-09 10:36 AM
    I downloaded Gmaps and now I cant find it? Its not in my downloads folder, so how do I get to it?
    03-02-09 11:31 AM
    I downloaded Gmaps and now I cant find it? Its not in my downloads folder, so how do I get to it?
    i think it goes to the apps folder when you download it. i downloaded it and moved it right away so i cant really remember
    03-02-09 11:40 AM
    In my humble opinion, Latitude is a great idea. It is Google's first attempt to get into social networking.
    you do know that google owns youtube, right?
    03-02-09 12:06 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD