If it has been updated im sure its already on the site somewhere here and i just couldnt find it.

Anyways i have G maps on my storm and it is alway way off. I know others have mentioned this before. My dad recently Downloaded the app on his storm and it is spot on accurate. Plus the UI is slightly different. Like how you zoom and what not. Is there a newer version somewhere? I tried reinstalling the app from the google site and it is the exact same crap edition i had originally.

Anyone else have this same problem or have you been able to find a working version?
    01-21-09 05:52 PM
    Google has clearly stated that Google Maps does not work on the Storm using GPS yet. Only cell tower triangulation.
    01-21-09 06:18 PM
    What do you mean by the zoom....

as you dad to figure out the Version of google maps he is using.

open google
    click blackberry button/help/about
    01-21-09 06:20 PM
    You probably don't have the GPS turned on. Goto Options > Advanced Options > GPS and switch GPS Services from "E911 Only" to "Location On."

If it was already set to "Location On" then the only other thing I can tell you is to make sure you're outside with a clear view of the sky. The GPS cannot acquire satellites indoors.
    01-21-09 06:22 PM
    For Verizon, Google Maps and GPS don't work. It works for AT&T and possibly other carriers.

I think someone said it does when you are running BB Maps, but no one has produced ANY proof of this. And even at that, it's a little redundant to have BB Maps AND Google Maps simply to get GPS. You could get Nav4All, but it won't be as pretty.
    01-21-09 06:24 PM
    i cant really check his because im in UT and hes in GA and i cant really just ask him because hes a i little IT ******** but ill see if i can figure out next time i call.
    So if you do not have the GPS on it will work fine just using the Vzw network? If so then that's prob what was going on.

and by the zoom thing he could zoom by taping one of 4 little bars more like the online version use to be like if you remember that. The app i have you just click either a plus or minus magnifying glass.
    01-21-09 06:33 PM
    Blackberry maps does work with GPS if you set it the GPSlocation to only, haven't seen it work with google maps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-09 06:50 PM
    and by the zoom thing he could zoom by taping one of 4 little bars more like the online version use to be like if you remember that. The app i have you just click either a plus or minus magnifying glass.
    That sounds more like the Blackberry Maps rather than Google Maps.
    01-21-09 06:53 PM
    No, don't bother with trying to do all these things. Google Maps doens't work on the Storm yet (Using GPS that is)
    01-21-09 06:56 PM
    I would post the link to the Google website where a Google Tech clearly states that it won't work.... but crackberry doesn't allow me to post any link since i'm a "new user"
    01-21-09 06:59 PM
    just put a couple spaces or extra lines after http and .com
    01-21-09 07:23 PM
    For Verizon, Google Maps and GPS don't work. It works for AT&T and possibly other carriers.

I think someone said it does when you are running BB Maps, but no one has produced ANY proof of this. And even at that, it's a little redundant to have BB Maps AND Google Maps simply to get GPS. You could get Nav4All, but it won't be as pretty.
    Tried it. doesn't work.
    01-21-09 07:34 PM
    ok haha thats prob the case. He was using BB maps and i didnt even noticed. He said it was google maps (accidentally i guess) and just thought it was a different version since i have not really used BB maps before.
    Thanks. and sry that was a totally useless thread.
    01-21-09 08:41 PM
    I have to reach 10 posts to post links
    01-21-09 09:29 PM
    I'm only at 7, well 8 when i add this particular post. So i'll have 2 more left to do after this one....
    01-21-09 09:29 PM
    Sorry, didn't mean to hijack this thread, but i really want to post the link.
    01-21-09 09:30 PM
    And the drumroll please.....

wait for it
    wait for it.....
    waaaaait for it!!!
    01-21-09 09:30 PM
    01-21-09 09:31 PM
    I know some of you already know this. But for those that don't, Google maps will work on the storm with gps if you shut off the cdma portion of the mobile network. Go to mobile network in options and switch it to gsm. once your conected to a different network, i.e. att. Then go to Google maps, its a little slow for the gps to get started but after about a minute, it begins to use gps. I don't believe any of the data works though while connected to other networks.
    01-21-09 11:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD