I have found that Google Maps (with or without GPS active) does not always update to my current location when I open the app. Often, when I open it, it is still showing a map of the last location I checked and I have to manually move the map to my then-current location. I do not see in the options any other way to get it to reset to the current location.

Is there a way to do this automatically?
    05-19-09 05:52 PM
    I have found that Google Maps (with or without GPS active) does not always update to my current location when I open the app. Often, when I open it, it is still showing a map of the last location I checked and I have to manually move the map to my then-current location. I do not see in the options any other way to get it to reset to the current location.

Is there a way to do this automatically?
    Once it finishes loading, there should be a blue dot somewhere on the screen. This is your current location. Click that blue dot and it will update your location. Works for me, anyway.
    05-19-09 06:00 PM
    Once it finishes loading, there should be a blue dot somewhere on the screen. This is your current location. Click that blue dot and it will update your location. Works for me, anyway.
    That's the problem...i have to manually reposition the map to see the blue dot (my location). Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't, but I would think that the program would have a command/way to reposition to current location...
    05-19-09 06:03 PM
    It's not your current location dot that you click on, there's a blue dot inside a square in the lower right hand corner. That is what you click on to force an update of your location.
    05-19-09 08:31 PM
    Mine was acting funny too. The other night, my fiancee was watching me with Latitude and, even though I had it set to continuously send my location, it didn't.

There were times when she was watching me that my location would jump, instantaneously, sixty or more miles from my current location, take a tour through the town nearby, and jump, just as instantaneously, back to me. I wasn't going anywhere. I was sitting on the couch...
    05-19-09 09:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD