hey all,

is any one else having troubles with google maps and storm?

i had an 8830 it would connect to the gps in less then a minute and the storm i left on for many mins and it cant connect to GPS?

it gives me an approx location but no GPS?

i have reseted the maps and still no luck

anything i am missing?

thanks alot
    01-24-09 06:27 PM
    Only thing I've heard about google maps and the Storm is that it causes random reboots (not experienced it myself, just read it in a forum).
    01-24-09 06:31 PM
    hey all,

i had an 8830 it would connect to the gps in less then a minute and the storm i left on for many mins and it cant connect to GPS?

anything i am missing?

thanks alot
    Google has not yet updated Google Maps to work with the Storm's GPS. The best you'll get on VZW Storm is location based on the nearest cell tower.

Search and you'll find multiple threads about this already.
    01-24-09 06:32 PM
    Search the forums...its a well known issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-09 06:32 PM
    ya i would just use bb maps. Its nowhere near as useful but if you want gps thats the route your gonna have to go until google gets gps working with the storm
    01-24-09 08:17 PM
    "googlemaps on my storm works flawlessly."

01-24-09 09:50 PM
    "googlemaps on my storm works flawlessly."

If this is true then all VZW users should barrage them about whatever non-sense they have blocking this.

I know this is discussed in other forms but I personally think that Google and Verizon are in bed together! Verizon pays Google to not enable it and Google covers it with that whole, "oh were working on it" bs. This is a typical VZW move.
    01-24-09 11:18 PM
    This discussion has been raging on for the last two months. Google maps is only using aGPS

which is locked to VZW. They need to program their code to skip trying aGPS and use GPS only.

Last edited by Kill3r.Conc3ptz; 01-24-09 at 11:50 PM.
    01-24-09 11:45 PM
    This discussion has been raging on for the last two months. Google maps is only using aGPS

which is locked to VZW. They need to program their code to skip trying aGPS and use GPS only.

Exactly my point! No other carrier I've used does this. Its ridiculous and only hurts them in the long run.
    01-25-09 12:26 AM
    hey all,

anything i am missing?

thanks alot
    Are you still with Bell? If so, you may need to change your GPS settings. It defaults to e911, so you need to change it to location on.
    01-25-09 08:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD