I wake up, log on CB, and see GMaps now works! Woohoo!

First I tried it, and was still getting a location about 2 miles away, but after a minute or so, I was within 3 meters, indoors, downtown, and it's raining.
    02-18-09 03:24 PM
    Mine works indoors, but I need to get close to an outside wall or window!!!

Woot! Woot!!
    02-18-09 03:25 PM
    In my concrete bunker of an office i had to go outside, but that's where i would be using gps anyway.
    02-18-09 03:26 PM
    i am indoors, and it is giving me "location within 2100 meters, waiting for GPS" for the last 20 min. and my blue dot keeps moving around on the map.
    02-18-09 03:38 PM
    do you have to go into your gps to change settings first or does google do it automatically? I downloaded googlemaps and it does not locate me. I allowed google to change whatever settings it does.
    02-18-09 03:49 PM
    Accurate to 9 feet.
    Its a good week for Storm users.
    02-18-09 03:55 PM
    do you have to go into your gps to change settings first or does google do it automatically? I downloaded googlemaps and it does not locate me. I allowed google to change whatever settings it does.
    You'll probably want to go into GPS and change it to "Location On"
    02-18-09 03:55 PM
    That was already on. Can't figure why it won't find me.
    02-18-09 04:02 PM
    click the little blue dot bottom right, whats it say?
    02-18-09 04:03 PM
    That was already on. Can't figure why it won't find me.
    You sure you updated to new version of Google?
    02-18-09 04:10 PM
    I thought this was a new version, so I deleted my old app and downloaded what I thought was a newer version. 3.0.2 has been out for at least a month, that is how long I have been using it. Still updates location only within 4000 meters. Big deal!
    Simple enough...no. 3.0.1 was the current version as of 2 days ago when I last verified it. My current location indoors is accurate to 8 meters. When I switch to satellite view, the dot is literally on top of my roof.

You might want to try deleting and trying again...and make sure your GPS location option is turned on.
    02-18-09 04:27 PM
    All I can say is AWESOME...this works perfect....Outside it's within 10-20 feet, inside its about 70-80 feet accurate. I'm with Telus and no issues!!!!
    Last edited by crackhead67; 02-18-09 at 04:32 PM. Reason: typo
    02-18-09 04:31 PM
    How are you guys downloading it? I go to the Google page and enter my phone number, but I never receive the message...
    02-18-09 04:37 PM
    It is working great for me. I just wish it also worked on my wifes Curve.
    02-18-09 04:41 PM
    How are you guys downloading it? I go to the Google page and enter my phone number, but I never receive the message...
    I just typed in google mobile, clicked on the download link and "BOBS YOUR UNCLE"...I didn't have to enter my phone number to do this!
    02-18-09 04:46 PM
    It is working great for me. I just wish it also worked on my wifes Curve.
    I find it strange why they made this exclusive to the STORM. Mabey if all the other BB users start complaining they will bring the rest on board! Good Luck and happy to see it's working for you!
    02-18-09 04:50 PM
    I just typed in google mobile, clicked on the download link and "BOBS YOUR UNCLE"...I didn't have to enter my phone number to do this!
    That may make perfect sense to you, but try telling me again... You typed "google mobile" into what? ...and the rest must be some kind of Canadian humor???
    02-18-09 04:51 PM
    Usually within 5 meters. Works great!
    02-18-09 04:54 PM
    That may make perfect sense to you, but try telling me again... You typed "google mobile" into what? ...and the rest must be some kind of Canadian humor???
    Sorry, open your STORMS browser and type google mobile maps and when the web page opens click on "Google Mobile-Maps" after that you should see the page "Install Now". and then you should be good to go.
    02-18-09 05:46 PM
    Sorry, open your STORMS browser and type google mobile maps and when the web page opens click on "Google Mobile-Maps" after that you should see the page "Install Now". and then you should be good to go.
    Ok, I got it. You were assuming I had Google as my home page, as you must. Thanks for your help.
    02-18-09 06:00 PM
    This is strange that Google Maps 3.0.2 works with the GPS now. I downloaded it the day it was released and it would only lock onto my location using triangulation even after 3 days of usage. But I just ran the app today and now it is picking up my location by gps without a problem. Maybe, something needed to be activated on the google servers for this to be working properly today that wasn't previously activated. With the GPS addition, I am liking this app more than BB Maps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-09 07:58 PM
    Has anyone got this working with Telus?
    02-20-09 11:04 AM
    Has anyone got this working with Telus?
    Bell and Telus appear to be left out in the cold on this update once again.
    02-20-09 12:19 PM
    I wonder why, wonder what differentiates the hardware
    02-20-09 02:10 PM
    Does anyone see an arrow next to the blue dot that indicates which direction your are moving? On my AT&T curve Google maps used to indicate which direction you were going which was very helpful when driving.
    02-20-09 03:24 PM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD