I'm having an issue with Google Maps on my Storm. When I open up the program it stays in portrait mode with the sure type keyboard open. I am able to use use it to find places and get directions. However, once the switch from the directions list to the map I cannot switch back. All the icons on the map like the zoom icons, etc., don't work. When i click the screen it asks me if I want directions to the point that I clicked. Also, scrolling vertically is reversed. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the program using DM. I haven't deleted it using that option on the handset. I've reset Google Maps and cleared the cookies. I've done a battery pull. Everything else on my Storm works well and i am quite happy with it. I am using the .75 OS. Has anyone else experienced this and can help me out? Is there a preference that I am missing?
    12-02-08 05:32 PM
    Options > Advanced Options > Applications

Select Google Maps (dont click).

Press the Blackberry button.

select Disable Compatability Mode... (hopefully its there).

Might be an older version of google maps too...
    12-02-08 05:40 PM
    Nope. That fixed it. Thanks for the help. I'm not sure how the Compatibility Mode was enabled.
    12-02-08 05:46 PM
    Does you google maps find the GPS. mine dosen't??
    12-02-08 06:12 PM
    nah, known issue, googles working on it.
    12-02-08 06:13 PM
    thanks. looks like a lot of apps are getting ready to drop or the stom, thats nice to see!!!
    12-02-08 06:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD