When I first received the storm a few weeks ago I was showing my wife a bunch of the features. Using google maps I looked up "food" found the pizza hut down the street and added it to my contacts (just by clicking on "add to contacts"). It is still in my contacts but I cant figure out how the heck I did that. I recently upgraded to .148 so is that the problem? Am I losing my mind? Did I use something else and I think it was google maps?
    05-26-09 11:15 AM
    Well first off since google maps only allows you to put an adress in, i am going to assume you did not use googlemaps. But you did use poynt, and with poynt you said map it out and ended on google maps and that is why you are thinking of google maps.
    05-26-09 11:22 AM
    So are you saying from poynt I can add to my contacts
    05-26-09 11:27 AM
    Yes, from Poynt you should be able to add the information you looked up into your contacts.
    05-26-09 11:30 AM
    You got it ;-) as soon as you talked about searching and then adding I knew you used some type of phonebook application. I guess you hadn't used poynt. It can search all business, and then you can call them directly from the application, map it on googlemaps or bbmaps, add to contacts, send to someone and more. It also has a section just for movies which is pretty cool. Also all information for poynt is based on your current gps location.
    05-26-09 11:31 AM
    Thanks so much. That was driving my crazy. I now remember that I did download poynt, but felt it did the same as google maps. I just downloaded poynt again and played with the features. I think I'll keep it now.
    05-26-09 11:35 AM
    You got it ;-) as soon as you talked about searching and then adding I knew you used some type of phonebook application. I guess you hadn't used poynt. It can search all business, and then you can call them directly from the application, map it on googlemaps or bbmaps, add to contacts, send to someone and more. It also has a section just for movies which is pretty cool. Also all information for poynt is based on your current gps location.
    Wow i am wrong =( well not about poynt lol. But I just discovered how you search on googlemaps. Didn't know about that before, I noticed you can only save it as a favorite but I was not able to add it to my contacts.
    05-26-09 11:35 AM
    Thanks so much. That was driving my crazy. I now remember that I did download poynt, but felt it did the same as google maps. I just downloaded poynt again and played with the features. I think I'll keep it now.
    Ah i love poynt, **** even if all it did was movies i would love it. It's helped me randomly catch a bunch of movies when we were both bored.
    05-26-09 11:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD