I am at a loss. I have google latitude installed on mine and my wifes storm but cannot figure out how to view her or vice versa. I send her a request and the link in the email just sends her to the page to download google maps. What are we doing wrong? How do we accept each others request?

Thanks in advance.
    02-18-09 06:55 PM
    Is it installed and is it running? I know once in GM you have to select Latitudes in order to run it.
    I am still been playing around with it and what not and not quite sure but I have been able to see my friends that I have sent request to. However there are a couple who are running it and I can never see them on there at all.

Will be interested to see what you find out.
    02-18-09 07:22 PM
    Also check your application permissions on GoogleMaps. I went ahead and found out why mine was not working once I installed the new version of GMM.
    However once I set all my permissions to Allow Latitudes came right up and started to work properly.

Just another thought.
    02-18-09 09:12 PM
    I have GoogleMaps working in the background but Latitude doesn't update online unless I physically bring GM to the front. Isn't the point of this to have it update automatically if you have GM running in the background???
    02-18-09 09:34 PM
    Does anyone's Google Latitude update online (in iGoogle) while GM is still up in the phone background?
    02-19-09 12:17 AM
    Does anyone's Google Latitude update online (in iGoogle) while GM is still up in the phone background?

My GPS position reverts to the tower position as soon as I turn GM off on my storm. All permissions are set to "allow". It would be nice if this wasn't the case but that's the way it seems to be.
    02-19-09 01:06 PM
    My GPS position reverts to the tower position as soon as I turn GM off on my storm. All permissions are set to "allow". It would be nice if this wasn't the case but that's the way it seems to be.
    could you imagine the poor battery performance you would recieve if it was pulling your gps location all the time? it would be horrible... i dont mind it going back to tower to save my battery..
    02-19-09 02:30 PM
    Im glad I found this post!!

It put my mind at ease thinking my phone was crazy. Like you all said when you have it physically open, it tracks great and brings up my location perfectly and accuratly. Though when I exit (but check off to keep sharing location) and i check igoogle it reverts me to this random spot, but the same random spot everytime. So now i understand that its taking me to the tower when i put it in background mode. That's really annoying though, because the point of it is to run in the background!!!
    02-25-09 04:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD