Can someone plz put a ota link for the google latitude everytime i go to the website there is no way i can download it...i dont know if you just have to sign in everytime you wanna use it but i heard it replaces google maps...any help plz
    02-06-09 11:50 AM
    Just use your browser to go to http://www.google.com/gmm.

Click install now.
    02-06-09 11:53 AM
    If you go to the link provided above - the message states that it does NOT work on the BB Storm. Essentially - the GPS functionality does not work ... but you can still get triangulation from the cell towers.

If someone knows how to enable the GPS - please post?

Thanks
    02-06-09 11:59 AM
    Actually, if you go to www.m.google.com/maps it should work. Thats where I got mine, and Latitude was included in the program. ALTHOUGH the tracking feature isnt even close to accurate as it shows me about 4 1/2 miles away from where I am right now.
    02-06-09 12:02 PM
    make sure you have a google account to use this program

www.google.com/accounts if you dont have one
    02-06-09 12:03 PM
    google.com/latitude make sure your browser is in BlackBerry mode, not IE, or Firefox and it should work.
    02-06-09 12:08 PM
    gonna try now
    02-06-09 12:27 PM
    google.com/latitude make sure your browser is in BlackBerry mode, not IE, or Firefox and it should work.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +

Regarding the broswer mode; are you saying to download the program
    or I need the BB broswer to RUN the program?

Thanks!
    02-07-09 03:43 PM
    If you go to the link provided above - the message states that it does NOT work on the BB Storm. Essentially - the GPS functionality does not work ... but you can still get triangulation from the cell towers.

If someone knows how to enable the GPS - please post?

Thanks
    Can anyone confirm that we cannot use the GPS mode when using Latitude? I have Latitude loaded and it appear that it is indeed only using the triangulation method to pinpoint my data. Has anyone been able to get Latitude and the Storm GPS to work together? Thanks!
    02-07-09 04:01 PM
    There are a half dozen threads about Google Maps and the fact it won't use any GPS capability while on VZW's CDMA network. There's also a long thread on Google's boards about this.

Basically, if you roam on GSM, you will get a GPS coordinate out of Google maps. Just not on Verizon. Google claims Verizon is preventing them from doing so (it is, sort of - it's preventing assisted or aGPS). Google can use standard GPS freely (numerous other apps do, and a demo GPS app is included in the Storm's dev kit) but the maps app won't fall back to that when a aGPS lock isn't available.
    02-07-09 04:17 PM
    Thank you, ArizonaGuy.

I have gone back and read some other threads and I *think* I now have a bit of a better understading as to why the GPS is not working in Latitude/Google Maps. Can anyone tell me if there is much of any chance that sometime in the future this could change or will this always be an issue?

Thanks!
    02-07-09 05:56 PM
    ew800.

Go to the Google Maps site and read the LONG thread in there about what the problem is...
    02-07-09 06:20 PM
    I had a tough time trying to get google latitude on my phone but when i changed my browser setting to blackberry i was finally able to download the bloody app.
    02-13-09 03:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD