I just wanted to tell everyone on Crackberry goodbye and thanks so much for the help! I have decided, after years with a Blackberry, to make the jump to Android. I should (hopefully) have an Incredible in 10 days. You all have been a great help and I will visit from time to time hoping RIM will be moving forward quickly with their OS.
    Thanks and I'll see you on the other side!
    05-20-10 10:42 AM
    Your welcome Good luck with your new device...

Maybe jump back later on? Time will tell.
    05-20-10 10:43 AM
    I will be checking from time to time. I'll miss some of the aspects of my Storm 2 but in all reality I love the Incredible. Hopefully RIM will wow me again with a new addition in a year or so.
    05-20-10 10:55 AM
    Thanks for being a class act about it and not like the others.... Enjoy your new phone and hopefully we will see you back sometime soon....
    05-20-10 11:00 AM
    Good luck and hopefully the Incredible is all you want it to be and more.
    05-20-10 11:01 AM
    Thanks sting!
    Big Cat...I don't understand why some people have to trounce down on something just because they are getting something different. I think if RIM gets things together many people may flock right back to them. We can only hope!
    05-20-10 11:10 AM
    Welcome Back?

I did the same thing and got a droid. Android is a great platform and has alot of potential, but I missed some of the BB ease. I got the storm 2 as a backup and now using it as my DD lol. Good Luck with the Incredible.
    05-20-10 04:42 PM
    Hope you enjoy your Incredible

I toyed with the idea, but I'm too Blackberry:P

Hopefully you will be able to share your new experience here, without getting boiled, tarred and feathered
    05-20-10 04:51 PM
    You're going to love android phones. I was a long time bb user, but that changed when I got the storm2. It was the worst bb device ever made. Check out the google i/o keynote from today. Froyo is going to be amazing.
    05-20-10 05:01 PM
    I think you'll be happy with that phone. I thoroughly enjoyed playing with it the other day at a store. I still love my S2, but if it were upgrade time today, I'd probably add an incredible to my collection.
    05-20-10 05:19 PM
    Good luck with your new phone.
    05-20-10 06:05 PM
    stfu an gtfo!

(thats the company line from an original Storm 9530 user)

here is my opinion....

depending on how 6 is I might be joining you.
    05-20-10 06:52 PM
    Last Thursday, I felt tired of my BlackBerry Bold 9700, and wanted to make a switch, so I switched to Verizon and bought a HTC Incredible. I normally carry a Bold 9700, and keep my iPhone in the car with all my music on it, but I bought the Incredible to try to merge two devices into one, but the Android system is seriously in need of support for music / video.

The Incredible truly is an incredible phone, its extremely fast, no lag time at all, the web browser is super fast and more amazing than the iPhone surprisingly by a lot, the screen is fantastic, the 8.0 Mega pixel camera is really cool, but it was totally was missing something - BlackBerry. Overall, the Incredible is a fantastic piece of hardware

I returned my Incredible and bought the Storm 2 through Verizon and I almost love it, I hated the storm before and never thought I would like it, and I thought the sure-press screen was stupid, but I am totally in love. I never thought I would be able to type very well on the Storm, but within a day or so, I am typing incredibly fast. I have been staying in the BOLD and TOUR series because I didn't think I would be able to live without a keyboard. I can't live without my BBM, but I have to tell you that I dying for BlackBerry to take the next step with the 6.0 operating system and the upgraded web browser. I love BlackBerry; but I am scared that they are starting to lose the market with the lack of operating system and internet browser.

The BlackBerry is good for me because I care about E-Mails, and Phone Calls. I really don't care that much about the internet, but maybe I have just grown to not really using the BlackBerry browser. I really want more applications, I am not a gamer at all, but I just need some fun apps.
    05-20-10 07:05 PM
    I hope you love your new phone. I have heard it is a great fit for many folks.
    05-20-10 07:08 PM
    I'm often baffled at why people feel compelled to post "Goodbye" threads. As if......... ok, you decided to move on, no problem lots of people shift around every minute...some leave BB, others come to BB. Often, the "farewell" posts are more about taking a dig at a device then anything else.

So, good luck, turn out the lights and don't let the door hit you in the ....oh... yeah . Have fun with your new phone! Personally, I'm not a fan of the Android OS or the devices thus far...and I wanted to be...I checked them out and checked them out again...and again...and always, they left me disappointed.
    05-20-10 07:10 PM
    05-20-10 07:37 PM
    Good luck. I for one am always interested in other people's experiences generally, and specifically BB users who switch to other devices/platforms. I can almost understand those don't want to hear about these things, but am baffled beyond comprehension at those that click on the appropriately titled threads just to be negative. Perhaps they are just filled with so much bile, they need any excuse to let a little/ or alot in some cases spill out.
    05-20-10 07:41 PM
    I'm often baffled at why people feel compelled to post "Goodbye" threads. As if......... ok, you decided to move on, no problem lots of people shift around every minute...some leave BB, others come to BB. Often, the "farewell" posts are more about taking a dig at a device then anything else.

So, good luck, turn out the lights and don't let the door hit you in the ....oh... yeah . Have fun with your new phone! Personally, I'm not a fan of the Android OS or the devices thus far...and I wanted to be...I checked them out and checked them out again...and again...and always, they left me disappointed.
    I knew I would get one of these responses. My post was never meant to dig at RIM or their equipment. Give me a break Energy. I've asked for a lot of help on these forums and have received gracious responses. There's too many people who have assisted me to personally thank them individually. So..to everyone else..thank you!
    05-20-10 10:08 PM
    Perhaps too much time here has jaded my perception of things. But, you have to admit, there are a bazillion and one (or so) posts like this that have quite the different slant!

I did mean what I said though, enjoy the new phone!

I knew I would get one of these responses. My post was never meant to dig at RIM or their equipment. Give me a break Energy. I've asked for a lot of help on these forums and have received gracious responses. There's too many people who have assisted me to personally thank them individually. So..to everyone else..thank you!
    05-20-10 11:00 PM
    If Storm 3 is not up to par or if 6.0 OS is to laggy and not entertaining, then I'm making the switch as well dude
    05-20-10 11:57 PM
    05-21-10 12:19 AM
    I just wanted to tell everyone on Crackberry goodbye and thanks so much for the help! I have decided, after years with a Blackberry, to make the jump to Android. I should (hopefully) have an Incredible in 10 days. You all have been a great help and I will visit from time to time hoping RIM will be moving forward quickly with their OS.
    Thanks and I'll see you on the other side!
    It is so refreshing to see a non emo/non trolling defection for a change. I hope you enjoy your new device, the Incredible looks sweet.
    05-21-10 07:46 AM
    can i buy your storm 2 lol? [email protected]
    05-21-10 08:22 AM
    Hope you enjoy your new phone.
    05-21-10 08:32 AM
    Good luck what ever way you go!
    05-21-10 11:22 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD