I am also thinking of switching.. I (My thoughts) think the Storm 2 is not that great.. Had Storm 1 from day 1 to Storm 2 from day 1 and getting tired of the lag and other issues..

The 2 phones Im looking at right now is the Bold and the Incredicble..
    07-20-10 10:00 AM
    If there were a friggen Storm 3 out I'd seriously consider a new Storm. But I need a phone..................NOW! Not about to get a Storm 2 and have the Storm 3 come out in...................................... 31 days.
    07-20-10 10:45 AM
    Its because of your email brand used not BIS. Most major emails that are IMAP and such are instant (gmail, hotmail etc). If you use joe schmoe email then it might have a lag but that is because of the email company, not BIS. you want instant change your email account to one that uses IMAP.

Alas, Hotmail is no longer Pushed. It is pulled, using the great technology of the mid 1990's: POP3.

And whomever is at fault for this grand rollback in technology, either Verizon, RIM, or Microsoft; it sucks!
    07-20-10 10:52 AM
    I think that most of the people jumping to droids didn't really need a blackberry to begin with. They'll be happier with droids since that's what they wanted when they got the s2

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Now THAT makes sense. With the rumored VZW-Getting-the-iPhone, I get a little tired of the iPhone people in my life asking me when I'm going to get one. I'm polite, and I demure, mumbling something about the email and how I like the shiny bright screen, but they just look at me like I just don't get it. I've been in meetings with folks with iPhones, and mine often ends up saving the day because it's WORKING when it's supposed to. Shoot, I wouldn't mind having an iPhone for some things, but I'm unwilling to pay for two phones/data plans.
    07-20-10 11:26 AM
    Not all phones are for all people.... that's why there are so many. As for my needs... the storm 2 is filling the bill for now. I have gotten used to the way the storm screen operates.... Don't like the typing on my iPod touch....
    07-20-10 11:36 AM
    Good luck, and enjoy your new phone endevours! Simply put, I like my phone. I'm staying.
    07-20-10 01:13 PM
    Yeah i have new Storm 2 for sale because i switch over to the droid. But i do miss the email support.
    07-20-10 01:25 PM
    Actually I'm always in the mood for someone to make me laugh... Know any good jokes? Like a guy tries selling bb storm 2 and gets offered 5 bucks?
    I heard that same joke yesterday....gotta love the noobs!!!
    07-20-10 01:32 PM
    I agree with Ohio Golfer. For those of you who dont like your S2 why not sell it and be done.
    07-20-10 01:37 PM
    Yes!!! Any unlocked bb storm2 at 8/10 condition for sale? $150 i will consider taking it!
    07-20-10 01:51 PM
    I feel your pain about having a trusty device like the Storm 2 but missing out on all the fun and the zippy devices sporting the Android OS on VZW network (and there is more to come).

There are really 3 options for you, IMHO.
    1. If you really like the BB ecosystem, be a little patient. Take a look at these and take a chill pill. There are great things ahead.
    BlackBerry Storm 3 detailed in training slide: same look, more RAM? -- Engadget
    BlackBerry 6's WebKit-based browser bests the competition in a good 'ol standards showdown -- Engadget

2. If you really like the BB ecosystem but want the zippy Android browser, buy a used HTC Droid Eris (about $100 on eBay). You can run the latest Android OS on it (if you are tech savvy). It will not be the best of Android experience but at the very least you have a zippy browser while you wait for your Storm 3. (This way you will really end up hating Android OS anyway, )

3. If BB ecosystem is no longer rocking your world, by all means switch to latest. But, I will strongly disuade this choice, this is only July. The holiday season is coming and the best and greatest phones of the year may be out in less than 4 months.

Hey, who am I kidding? You can always do whatever suits you best!

If there were a friggen Storm 3 out I'd seriously consider a new Storm. But I need a phone..................NOW! Not about to get a Storm 2 and have the Storm 3 come out in...................................... 31 days.
    I am also thinking of switching.. I (My thoughts) think the Storm 2 is not that great.. Had Storm 1 from day 1 to Storm 2 from day 1 and getting tired of the lag and other issues..

The 2 phones Im looking at right now is the Bold and the Incredicble..
    07-20-10 02:39 PM
    Actually I'm always in the mood for someone to make me laugh... Know any good jokes? Like a guy tries selling bb storm 2 and gets offered 5 bucks?
    If you're talking about me, get the story straight. I offered plkcable $50, not $5.

I ordered the new Curve 8530 today; the quirkiness of the touch screen has me wanting a real keyboard again.
    07-20-10 03:12 PM
    Alas, Hotmail is no longer Pushed. It is pulled, using the great technology of the mid 1990's: POP3.

And whomever is at fault for this grand rollback in technology, either Verizon, RIM, or Microsoft; it sucks!
    you still get the email immediately if you set it up correctly though. if you dont you are doing it wrong.
    07-21-10 10:15 AM
    you still get the email immediately if you set it up correctly though. if you dont you are doing it wrong.
    By all means, do tell how to "set it up correctly". After studying most of the pertinent "Hotmail" threads on CrackBerry.com, I find no solution to receiving push email (instant) from Hotmail's/RIM's/Verizon's illustrious POP3 service. Someone, one of the above-mentioned businesses, scuttled Hotmail's IMAP like software.
    07-21-10 10:27 AM
    By all means, do tell how to "set it up correctly". After studying most of the pertinent "Hotmail" threads on CrackBerry.com, I find no solution to receiving push email (instant) from Hotmail's/RIM's/Verizon's illustrious POP3 service. Someone, one of the above-mentioned businesses, scuttled Hotmail's IMAP like software.
    log in on the BIS site and make sure "Microsoft Mobile Services Protocol" is checked and it will be instant
    07-21-10 11:01 AM
    log in on the BIS site and make sure "Microsoft Mobile Services Protocol" is checked and it will be instant

Again, that is no longer an option for a lot, if not most Hotmail users.
    07-21-10 11:32 AM
    wonder why you dont have that option....that sucks then
    07-21-10 11:35 AM
    wonder why you dont have that option....that sucks then

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/fina...answer-361096/

Read the last several pages of the thread above. Moreover, this isn't the only thread on CrackBerry concerning Microsoft's/RIM's/Verizon's ineptness.

Thanks.
    07-21-10 12:53 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD