Ok guys, I've been a BB owner for alittle over 5 years but I think its finally time for me to move on to another promising hardware that would benefit me on my daily needs. I believe the BB is a great phone, but its just getting alittle to boring for me. Yes...indeed I purchased the droid X and there are many valued functions like the "slingbox" and the multiple amount of "apps" needed to make a phone exciting. I'm certain ill be back to BB maybe in the near future, and ill certainly be poking my head around to check on updates from time to time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-10 08:42 PM
    It was really hot out today. We need rain.

07-18-10 08:57 PM
    It was really hot out today. We need rain.

Even though this horse has been beaten to death, replies like that are expected now, making them less amusing.

Edit: DMR = initials? Or do you run the DMR?

Last edited by jgreen1tc; 07-18-10 at 09:04 PM.
    07-18-10 09:02 PM
    Have to agree with OP on this one. I can't wait til my dInc comes in this week. I will miss my S2, but lately it seems like the OS is becoming buggier and buggier. The keyboard won't work half the time and I'm getting tired of battery pulls everyday. If the storm 2 had a more stable, intuitive, and update OS I don't think so many people would be jumping onto the Android bandwagon.
    07-18-10 09:15 PM
    I think that most of the people jumping to droids didn't really need a blackberry to begin with. They'll be happier with droids since that's what they wanted when they got the s2

07-18-10 09:19 PM
    Even though this horse has been beaten to death, replies like that are expected now, making them less amusing.

Edit: DMR = initials? Or do you run the DMR?

No. It is still just as funny.

07-18-10 09:24 PM
    I think that most of the people jumping to droids didn't really need a blackberry to begin with. They'll be happier with droids since that's what they wanted when they got the s2

i agree many people shouldn't have a BB to begin with for sure
    07-19-10 08:27 AM
    i agree many people shouldn't have a BB to begin with for sure
    For those of us who, like myself, value email service over any other smart phone feature, the BlackBerry simply cannot be beat. I've used both Android and iPhone, and the one thing I've noticed immediately on both is that neither one has adequate email features for what I really need.
    07-19-10 08:38 AM
    I'm sorry, but if ANYONE's still pulling a battery everyday with an S2 at that, then something you've put on it is causing that, I've had mine since release day and have complete stopped the "daily" battery pull, it's not needed. The only time I reboot is if I've installed/uninstalled apps and it requires it, oh and to put a fresh battery in if I've had a day of hard use.
    Last edited by JoelTruckerDude; 07-19-10 at 08:43 AM. Reason: grammar
    07-19-10 08:39 AM
    Have to agree with OP on this one. I can't wait til my dInc comes in this week. I will miss my S2, but lately it seems like the OS is becoming buggier and buggier. The keyboard won't work half the time and I'm getting tired of battery pulls everyday. If the storm 2 had a more stable, intuitive, and update OS I don't think so many people would be jumping onto the Android bandwagon.
    +1, S2 hasn't had a stable OS offering since 517, or at least 517 has fewer issues than 607 and 713. It's the "rollback" OS of choice for many.
    07-19-10 08:44 AM
    +1, S2 hasn't had a stable OS offering since 517, or at least 517 has fewer issues than 607 and 713. It's the "rollback" OS of choice for many.
    agreed +1 to this as well
    07-19-10 10:01 AM
    To paraphrase; Shut up and Leave.
    07-19-10 10:11 AM
    No. It is still just as funny.

Not really, you just have a childish sense of humor.

He never flamed the S2 or anything, just saying he wishes to try something new.
    07-19-10 10:20 AM
    To all of you complaining about your Storm 2 and switching to another phone...

My Storm 2 got wet yesterday (got caught in the rain on the golf course) and now it won't work. I had to switch back to my original Storm; I'm missing my S2 already.

Which one of you wants to sell me his Storm 2?
    07-19-10 10:26 AM

I agree with this for a lot but not all of my friends switching as well. For the ones that are just trying new phones and ask my opinion I usually direct them to get a phone based on their needs because I know what they want. If everyone did that most of these "I'm leaving, your phone sucks my *insert ANY platform* is better" threads wouldn't exist. People should take their time to figure out their needs and not go with whatever seems cool at the moment.

(Not directed to the OP, just a general statement)
    07-19-10 10:34 AM
    To all of you complaining about your Storm 2 and switching to another phone...

My Storm 2 got wet yesterday (got caught in the rain on the golf course) and now it won't work. I had to switch back to my original Storm; I'm missing my S2 already.

Which one of you wants to sell me his Storm 2?
    I will sell you my storm 2 PM me for info and talk about price
    07-19-10 11:55 AM
    I will sell you my storm 2 PM me for info and talk about price
    I hope you're in the mood for a good laugh. I still haven't stopped chuckling
    07-19-10 11:57 AM
    For those of us who, like myself, value email service over any other smart phone feature, the BlackBerry simply cannot be beat. I've used both Android and iPhone, and the one thing I've noticed immediately on both is that neither one has adequate email features for what I really need.
    This I find to be quite false unless your under BES. You do not get instant emails as soon as they're sent .I've timed it and it's like 3-5 minutes.
    07-20-10 08:03 AM
    I'm certain ill be back to BB maybe in the near future
    Then why bother leaving lol
    07-20-10 08:05 AM
    My emails are pretty much instant ( < 1 minute) and I'm on BIS.
    Last edited by plkcable; 07-20-10 at 01:30 PM.
    07-20-10 08:06 AM
    This I find to be quite false unless your under BES. You do not get instant emails as soon as they're sent .I've timed it and it's like 3-5 minutes.
    Its because of your email brand used not BIS. Most major emails that are IMAP and such are instant (gmail, hotmail etc). If you use joe schmoe email then it might have a lag but that is because of the email company, not BIS. you want instant change your email account to one that uses IMAP.
    07-20-10 08:42 AM
    I hope you're in the mood for a good laugh. I still haven't stopped chuckling
    Actually I'm always in the mood for someone to make me laugh... Know any good jokes? Like a guy tries selling bb storm 2 and gets offered 5 bucks?
    07-20-10 09:10 AM
    You need to use something other than compuserve.com
    07-20-10 09:15 AM
    ^^^ LOL, I remember when AOL and Compuserve were the only two dial up providers with a social network, anything beyond that was "private bulletin boards" for those that remember.
    07-20-10 09:35 AM
    Yes, I remember local BBS, Fidonet and dial up. And wow when 56k came along... it was like having another 20 MB hard drive such technology! Is Compuserve still around??
    07-20-10 09:45 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD