I wanted to say goodbye to all of my fellow storm users. I have had enough and have switched to the Bold. I have been through 5 Storms after getting my 1st one back on the 1st day in November after waiting 8 hours in line. Verzion treated me so poorly that I cancelled my contact and went to AT&T. The final straw came on Thursday. I woke up to find my 4th Storm locked up. I called tech support and was told there was nothning that could be done so I needed to go to the store I got it and they would fix it or replace it. Keep in mind that this phone was only 26 days old as when they sent me a refurb Storm #3 to replace #2 that had dust under the screen it didn't work. I was angry with this and I told the rep if I didn't get a brand new phone out of an original box I was leaving Verizon. They allowed me to go to the store and get a brand new one. Well after taking it to the store I was informed they couldn't get it to reload so they would have to replace it however they had none and i had to go to another store. I went to the other store only to be given a refurb which the guy took an hour to get going for me which should have been a sign of bad things to come. I told him I did not want a refurb but he said it was brand new however it came out of a refurb box and not an original. I took it anyway since I needed a phone. Would you believe that when I got home from work this one died. I was on the phone with Verizon for 2 hours trying to get them to let me go to the store to get a new phone. They said they had no phones anywhere but would mail one which wouldn't get to me for a few days. I said this was unacceptable as I could walk into the store and buy a phone however I could not be given one to replace the brand new phone that was only 26 days old. I told them I had had enough and was going to AT&T. Enough is enough! By the way the Bold is amazing!
    Last edited by joechiliman; 05-23-09 at 07:41 AM.
    05-23-09 06:54 AM
    A post in the "bold" forums saying hello and how much you like your phone would be way more productive and probably informative for you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-09 07:03 AM
    A post in the "bold" forums saying hello and how much you like your phone would be way more productive and probably informative for you.

I agree - sad to see you had a bad experience but unfortunately all this is going to do is cause a huge stirrup.
    05-23-09 07:18 AM
    And thanks for your thoughts. If this is seen by just one perspective buyer, and is instrumental in making an informed decision about the phone, it can be considered a valuable post.

Enjoy your new Bold.
    05-23-09 07:23 AM
    Sorry it didn't work out for you... I hope that the Bold continues to be "amazing."
    05-23-09 07:24 AM
    Hope you have better luck with your bold.
    05-23-09 07:27 AM
    The storm is awesome my 5 close friends and I love them go storm.

05-23-09 09:54 AM
    yeah the bold is pretty much the top of the line blackberry to date. you should like it a lot! Goodluck to you!

I can't wait for the tour to come out so I can get rid of my storm
    05-23-09 09:56 AM
    If I had to go through more than three storms I would of quit and went to another phone. Lucky I got a good one the first time!

05-23-09 10:39 AM
    Good luck with your new device...I can't fault anyone from making a switch after the experiences you have gone through...
    05-23-09 10:57 AM
    So long Joe ....... Been real
    05-23-09 10:15 PM
    I'm with you, brother! So long Storm, it's been an interesting ride.
    05-23-09 10:19 PM
    Good luck with your new phone. Five replacements can definitely take its toll.

05-23-09 10:20 PM
    In the words of Ace Ventura:

"Take care now.........bye bye then."

05-23-09 10:36 PM
    Ah, if I had the storm and went through your hassles . . I would went the same route you did. Good choice!

-Luis
    05-23-09 10:48 PM
    5 replacements, you are very patient my friend. Enjoy
    05-23-09 11:02 PM
    Well, sounds like you sure gave it your best shot! Hope the Bold works out better for you! It's a beauty!! Enjoy!
    05-23-09 11:10 PM
    Seems customers have finally had enough. The following link takes you to uk's vodafone help forum for the storm. Within the last 2 days 30 people have requested emails to cancel contracts things now have got out of hand. Give it a read if you got time.
    Vodafone eForum -> Blackberry Storm Forum
    05-24-09 03:14 AM
    Seems customers have finally had enough. The following link takes you to uk's vodafone help forum for the storm. Within the last 2 days 30 people have requested emails to cancel contracts things now have got out of hand. Give it a read if you got time.
    Wow. I read one post which I believe is the one you're talking about and damn. That thing just snowballed into a cancellation party. Not surprising, however, I was impressed with the existence of a Vodafone "eForum."
    05-24-09 05:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD