Well I had my BB Storm for little over a week now, and I like the concept of the phone (surepress and all) but I can't see myself with it for another two years. The software is too buggy. And yes I have tried updating the OS to .132, but it was way too buggy for me. I'm thinking about returning the phone for a g1. Has anyone made the transition between these two devices? And if so, how does it compare?
    05-13-09 02:35 AM
    Well I had my BB Storm for little over a week now, and I like the concept of the phone (surepress and all) but I can't see myself with it for another two years. The software is too buggy. And yes I have tried updating the OS to .132, but it was way too buggy for me. I'm thinking about returning the phone for a g1. Has anyone made the transition between these two devices? And if so, how does it compare?
    Do not get a G1. Seriously i had it before my Storm and after my iphone. They so cheap feeling. You wont stay with the G1. :P

Too big. But they my views. Just be careful you keep the reciepts

Sorry about your BB issues though.

Your avatar dazzles me lol
    05-13-09 02:41 AM
    No idea how a G1 compares. Hope you enjoy your new phone, though, whatever it is.
    05-13-09 02:42 AM

Your avatar dazzles me lol
    throw a neon looking frisbee at me and then we will have a problem!
    05-13-09 02:46 AM
    throw a neon looking frisbee at me and then we will have a problem!
    It looks like a lobster had naughty time with Jabba the Hutt lol.

Good though. Not flaming or anything.
    05-13-09 02:48 AM
    Tron, right? <3 that movie.
    05-13-09 03:00 AM
    The G1 is the ugliest phone I've ever seen!
    05-13-09 03:58 AM
    Back on-topic, good to see that the OP made his decision before the 30-day window closed. Hope you find a phone that suits your needs!
    05-13-09 04:12 AM
    The G1 is a great device and much more sophisticated than the Storm. The Storm is a dead end road, .75 is as good as it gets and will be replaced by the end of the year.
    05-13-09 10:03 AM
    The Storm is a dead end road, .75 is as good as it gets and will be replaced by the end of the year.
    talk about unfounded. no one who's valid or credible from RIM has ever said, mentioned, or even speculated that the storm will be discontinued. 5.0 is slated to start hitting devices in the Fall, and RIM is still doing development on 4.7 as well.

it may not be the best but its far from a dead end road....
    05-13-09 10:10 AM
    The G1 is a great device and much more sophisticated than the Storm. The Storm is a dead end road, .75 is as good as it gets and will be replaced by the end of the year.
    cocaine is a **** of a drug?

I'll never understand some people

to OP, go ahead, nab the g1. If the storm really isnt doin it for ya, i dont think any amount of software updates could. It's just not for everyone
    05-13-09 11:16 AM
    Thanks for everyone's input. I really wanted to love the storm. I am going to try out the g1 and if I don't like it, I will be getting a curve 8900! I am a first time blackberry user and really love the experience on it.
    05-13-09 07:01 PM
    Thanks for everyone's input. I really wanted to love the storm. I am going to try out the g1 and if I don't like it, I will be getting a curve 8900! I am a first time blackberry user and really love the experience on it.
    The only thing is there is a new G2 phone comming out. So you MIGHT feel like crap for not waiting for it to come out after buying the G1. Personally I think you should wait it out. I know that sucks, but in the end I think you will be happier with the Storm.
    05-14-09 09:39 AM
    that s what all storm users that didnt like it in the first place should have done instead off crying everyday for having a buggy phone .. you tried it by yourself and if you dont like you return it and yo move on....
    05-14-09 09:54 AM
    Good buy = Storm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-09 10:15 AM
    hey man, you should really tough it out... the techs are hard at work trying to resolve all the issues that we face with our buggy storm. I've had the bold before and it was an amazing device however i was stunned like a deer in the middle of the road from the highbeams of the storm. I'm dealing with headache of the device, but keeping faith that the official OS will cover all the buggy issue we encounter....
    05-14-09 10:37 AM
    talk about unfounded. no one who's valid or credible from RIM has ever said, mentioned, or even speculated that the storm will be discontinued. 5.0 is slated to start hitting devices in the Fall, and RIM is still doing development on 4.7 as well.

it may not be the best but its far from a dead end road....
    Development of OS 4.7 has stopped, and the focus is on OS 5.0 now.
    05-14-09 10:49 AM
    that s what all storm users that didnt like it in the first place should have done instead off crying everyday for having a buggy phone .. you tried it by yourself and if you dont like you return it and yo move on....
    Ohh if it was only that easy.

At least he did the right thing, and "tried" it. Its not for everyone.
    05-14-09 10:50 AM
    I am new to BB and this site so please forgive me. Does anyone know how to use a storm with my mac. Already downloaded pocketmac from the BB site but not able to install the desktop manager onto my mac?? I dont think it can be done so if its not compatible, why keep it right...even though I love this phone?? Any suggestions, PLEASE?? Also how do you download themes for a storm?? I'm new, oh so NEW!
    05-14-09 10:58 AM
    I played with a G1 for the first time last weekend and I hope it does great things, because it looks like shiite. The screen resolution and plastic housing are horrible, just make sure you actually mess with the G1 a bit more before you make your decision. The person who's phone it was wanted to keep my Storm and regretted that they went with the G1. Since you have some more time with your storm, try wiping it and reinstalling .132 or .141, The first time I installed .141 I had problems so I reinstalled it and they went away. I haven't had any bugs since.
    Last edited by ArmsDlr; 05-14-09 at 11:03 AM. Reason: added a crucial comma
    05-14-09 11:03 AM
    HEY MAN UR BETTER OFF GETTIN THA CURVE 8900, I HAVE THE STORM AND 890 ALSO BUT I LOVE THA CURVE, VERY STABLE NO MEMORY LEAKS OR BATTERY DRAINAGE I SAY GO WITH IT YOU CANT GO WRONG!!!
    05-14-09 11:04 AM
    I played with a G1 for the first time last weekend and I hope it does great things, because it looks like shiite. The screen resolution and plastic housing are horrible, just make sure you actually mess with the G1 a bit more before you make your decision. The person who's phone it was wanted to keep my Storm and regretted that they went with the G1. Since you have some more time with your storm, try wiping it and reinstalling .132 or .141, The first time I installed .141 I had problems so I reinstalled it and they went away. I haven't had any bugs since.
    I actually like the design of the phone. It's not pretty nor thin, but it's alright looking lol. And also, i tried reinstalling another beta OS, but it was still as buggy as before.

Why does your friend regret getting the G1?
    05-14-09 09:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD