Actually, I call myself "the 101". Reading IS fundamental! But then again, you're a trucker, and how much reading does that require anyway?

I feel like I'm in fifth grade reading all of the insults being thrown. The point that people are missing is that "IT'S JUST A PHONE" Some act like these phone (Droids, Incredibles, IPhones, and Blackberries) cure cancer or end world hunger.

I come here to get some information about my Blackberry to use it to its full capability, and to learn about new and upcoming devices. Some people on the forums really get bent out of shape when Blackberry/RIM gets criticized. It's not like someone insulted your mother.
    05-17-10 01:42 PM
    It could be considered an insult to someone's mother if mommy bought their phone.

And now that I think about it, that could be a valid reason - I remember getting mad at someone in grade school over something my parents had purchased.

I feel like I'm in fifth grade reading all of the insults being thrown. The point that people are missing is that "IT'S JUST A PHONE" Some act like these phone (Droids, Incredibles, IPhones, and Blackberries) cure cancer or end world hunger.

I come here to get some information about my Blackberry to use it to its full capability, and to learn about new and upcoming devices. Some people on the forums really get bent out of shape when Blackberry/RIM gets criticized. It's not like someone insulted your mother.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by genomos; 05-17-10 at 01:50 PM.
    05-17-10 01:46 PM
    It could be considered an insult to someone's mother if mommy bought their phone.

That's true lol.

I just don't get why everyone gets so worked up over phones. Pick what suits you best and don't insult someone just because they don't agree with what phone you have.
    05-17-10 01:50 PM

I agree. The forum should be a place to learn about the Storm... good or bad.
    What I have a problem with is the Trolls. This is one of the most tolerant forums (in regards to moderation) I have seen. I'm surprised the mods aren't weeding out some of the more obvious trolls who don't contribute any useful information.
    05-17-10 01:57 PM
    I agree. The forum should be a place to learn about the Storm... good or bad.
    What I have a problem with is the Trolls. This is one of the most tolerant forums (in regards to moderation) I have seen. I'm surprised the mods aren't weeding out some of the more obvious trolls who don't contribute any useful information.
    It boggles my mind how people get so offended when RIM gets criticized. No company is perfect and no phone is perfect. I had the Storm 1 and I had problems with it, to the point that I bought a Tour on E-Bay. I didn't sit here and bash RIM for making that phone.

If someone wants to get a Android or Apple phone, more power to them. But at the same time, these same Android/IPhone users shouldn't bash RIM. Each phone has its market. If a Blackberry works best for your needs (it does for my needs), then get one. If a Android/Apple device is what works best, then go for that one. But don't bash bc you think one phone is superior to the other
    05-17-10 02:09 PM
    It boggles my mind how people get so offended when RIM gets criticized. No company is perfect and no phone is perfect. I had the Storm 1 and I had problems with it, to the point that I bought a Tour on E-Bay. I didn't sit here and bash RIM for making that phone.

If someone wants to get a Android or Apple phone, more power to them. But at the same time, these same Android/IPhone users shouldn't bash RIM. Each phone has its market. If a Blackberry works best for your needs (it does for my needs), then get one. If a Android/Apple device is what works best, then go for that one. But don't bash bc you think one phone is superior to the other
    Well said.
    05-17-10 02:12 PM
    Well said.
    I've been a member of the forum for two years and have written only a couple of times, but it really got me going when I saw someone assume that someone couldn't read because they were a truck driver.

My question to that person is: "Does RIM pay you to be their spokesperson?" if not, then why get all bent out of shape?"
    Last edited by gpg22574; 05-17-10 at 02:18 PM.
    05-17-10 02:15 PM
    All I can say is WOW. I can't believe how many replies a simple post gets simply stating my current disposition. For the record, I NEVER bashed RIM or any of its products. I just stated my displeasure with my Storm 2 and the fact that I'm making a switch. If the post was something you're sick of seeing, don't want to read, etc, then just skip it. People replied with comments regarding "they wasted so many minutes of their life reading this", to my supposed age. The number of replies trying to hurt me or cut me down, whatever the case may be, is laughable and a little disheartning regarding the maturity level of this site. I could careless about the stupid comments just like any of you could careless about me switching phones. I simply have the right to my opinion and I have the right to post it. If you don't like it, don't click to read.
    05-17-10 03:05 PM
    Uum, TheOne01 is critical of RIM. I think you are confused. Either way, the door swings both ways. Apple/Android fanboys get upset too.

05-17-10 03:09 PM

I totally agree as well. I get so sick of the complaining and whining- if you don't like RIM or Verizon or their products, tell them- don't tell me, I can't do anything about it. I did my research, bought the phone I wanted to do what I wanted and am very happy with it. Personally, I have no issues with the phone and stand by my decision. Don't make me out to be an ***** because of that.
    05-17-10 03:12 PM
    Uum, TheOne01 is critical of RIM. I think you are confused. Either way, the door swings both ways. Apple/Android fanboys get upset too.

I'm just talking about the other posts I've received personally. I can't even consider myself a "fanboy" of either one. I'm hoping to be back once the supposed Storm 3 is out later this year (hopefully).
    05-17-10 03:43 PM
    I'm just talking about the other posts I've received personally. I can't even consider myself a "fanboy" of either one. I'm hoping to be back once the supposed Storm 3 is out later this year (hopefully).
    No, sorry. My post wasn't directed at you.

05-17-10 03:50 PM
    Lol. This thread is great. We have the Blackberry fanboys calling the Droid users fanboys because the Droid users took off the rose colored glasses and tried a non-Blackberry device. The hypocrisy is almost overwhelming

The 9550 is a good device, yes. It also does what a LOT of people need.

Do you guys REALLY honestly deep deep down believe that the 9550 is still the best device available? Come on... its a 7 month old device. That answer is no. It might be the best device for some of you.. but from an overall standpoint, it is not the best device available, nor is it the latest technology.
    05-17-10 04:03 PM
    Your arrogance amazes me. I may look like a ****** bag wearing one, but at least your family will make it home safely because I'm not paying more attention to my phone, than the road.

Just because it isn't illegal, doesn't mean it isn't wrong.
    Holding a phone isnt whats dangerous .... Its being preoccupied by the conversation ...... So if its holding a phone that bothers you, apparently so will taking a drink or changing the radio station .....
    05-17-10 04:09 PM
    Lol. This thread is great. We have the Blackberry fanboys calling the Droid users fanboys because the Droid users took off the rose colored glasses and tried a non-Blackberry device. The hypocrisy is almost overwhelming

The 9550 is a good device, yes. It also does what a LOT of people need.

Do you guys REALLY honestly deep deep down believe that the 9550 is still the best device available? Come on... its a 7 month old device. That answer is no. It might be the best device for some of you.. but from an overall standpoint, it is not the best device available, nor is it the latest technology.
    So, I'm assuming your two-year contract has a clause that ensures that you always have the latest phone without buying it outright or paying an ETF?
    05-17-10 04:34 PM
    ...Do you guys REALLY honestly deep deep down believe that the 9550 is still the best device available? Come on... its a 7 month old device. That answer is no. It might be the best device for some of you.. but from an overall standpoint, it is not the best device available, nor is it the latest technology.
    So in 7 months I guess we can expect to see you jumping off the Incredible bandwagon. Worse than a fanboy; you're a fickle fanboy. "Waaah, I want the latest specs. Anything else must be crap "
    05-17-10 04:53 PM
    So, I'm assuming your two-year contract has a clause that ensures that you always have the latest phone without buying it outright or paying an ETF?
    Absolutely not, but that isn't the point. The point of my post was that there are members here (and other forums I'm sure) that are looking through rose colored glasses. I'm not saying they have to have it, I'm saying that they can't admit that there are newer, better phones out there.
    I'm not making a reference to the Incredible, I'm speaking in general. There is a large number of posts here (this sub-forum at least) stating that the Storm 2 is the best phone available, when in reality, in the whole market, it is not. It seems that many people here are so close-minded that they can't handle the thought of a non-Blackberry phone. At least on the Android forums I've visited, people recognize that there ARE better phones out there. It seems the majority here either doesn't recognize that, or chooses not to. I
    I'm not stating that BB is bad, or that the Storm2 is bad. I'm not bashing the phone or the company. My only point is that there are in fact better phones out there. If the Storm2 does what you need, GREAT! I'm glad it does. But why go argue ignorantly that the Storm2 is the best phone in the entire market
    05-17-10 05:01 PM
    So in 7 months I guess we can expect to see you jumping off the Incredible bandwagon. Worse than a fanboy; you're a fickle fanboy. "Waaah, I want the latest specs. Anything else must be crap "
    LOL. Ignorance....

I'm not a fanboy. Sorry.. you don't know me well enough to make statements about me.

I never said anything is crap, why do you have to resort to personal attacks? Can't handle the fact that the Storm2 is not the best phone out there?

Its not a bad phone, as I've previously said. I haven't attacked the S2, but apparently I struck a nerve when I made a fanboy reference lol If either of us is a fanboy, you are. You come to the defense of the S2 and can't face the fact that the S2 might not be the best available device. I, however, am open to new devices. Who's the *fanboy* now!?

Keep your blinders on!
    Last edited by 01Ranger; 05-17-10 at 05:10 PM.
    05-17-10 05:07 PM
    I've been a member of the forum for two years and have written only a couple of times, but it really got me going when I saw someone assume that someone couldn't read because they were a truck driver.

My question to that person is: "Does RIM pay you to be their spokesperson?" if not, then why get all bent out of shape?"
    You shouldn't get that upset by what I said. I'm sure there must some truckers that can read!
    05-17-10 05:08 PM
    ...Its not a bad phone, as I've previously said. I haven't attacked the S2, but apparently I struck a nerve when I made a fanboy reference lol If either of us is a fanboy, you are. You come to the defense of the S2 and can't face the fact that the S2 might not be the best available device. I, however, am open to new devices. Who's the *fanboy* now!?
    Not a bad phone, but you need to wear rose coloured glasses to appreciate it? If you don't like being called a fanboy, don't be so quick to judge others. I've owned Motorola, Apple, and BB smartphones (multiple models of each).
    I like my Storm2 better than any other phone currently on the market, even though it's an ancient 7 months old
    05-17-10 05:14 PM
    You shouldn't get that upset by what I said. I'm sure there must some truckers that can read!
    But not many Droid users who use proper grammar.
    Oh, maybe it's just the DI interface that makes it hard to type and easy to miss words.
    05-17-10 05:16 PM
    But not many Droid users who use proper grammar.
    Oh, maybe it's just the DI interface that makes it hard to type and easy to miss words.
    That may or may not be the case, as I do not own a DI.
    05-17-10 05:25 PM
    That may or may not be the case, as I do not own a DI.
    Whatever android you own... if in fact you even own a phone.
    05-17-10 05:58 PM
    Absolutely not, but that isn't the point. The point of my post was that there are members here (and other forums I'm sure) that are looking through rose colored glasses. I'm not saying they have to have it, I'm saying that they can't admit that there are newer, better phones out there.
    Has it occurred to you that some people do this because by the time that they are actually ABLE to get a new phone the Incredible, or whatever you think is the coolest, will be very obsolete? So they are not actively living every day thinking that their device is inferior to the supposed "latest and greatest", and will only be considering a superior phone (Like the S3 or the slider) when they are ready to upgrade?
    at the bare minimum you may be aware of the concept, but you don't understand it.
    05-17-10 06:20 PM
    Not a bad phone, but you need to wear rose coloured glasses to appreciate it? If you don't like being called a fanboy, don't be so quick to judge others. I've owned Motorola, Apple, and BB smartphones (multiple models of each).
    I like my Storm2 better than any other phone currently on the market, even though it's an ancient 7 months old
    No where did I say you HAD to wear rose colored glasses to appreciate it. I believe I said numerous times that it does what a lot of people like. Shoot, I myself loved the phone from the day it was released (I got it on release day), until 4-30-2010. I'm not a fanboy, not in the slightest. I'm open to new phones, and new operating systems. I try to keep up with the buzz(informed, not actually owning "the buzz", I couldn't afford that). In April "the buzz" was the Incredible.. it caught my eye, and I thought it was worthy of checking out. I didn't do so much as bat an eye at the Droid, evne when I went and picked up my S2, knowing that "the buzz" was about the Droid, and the Droid's release was right around the corner.
    Has it occurred to you that some people do this because by the time that they are actually ABLE to get a new phone the Incredible, or whatever you think is the coolest, will be very obsolete? So they are not actively living every day thinking that their device is inferior to the supposed "latest and greatest", and will only be considering a superior phone (Like the S3 or the slider) when they are ready to upgrade?
    at the bare minimum you may be aware of the concept, but you don't understand it.
    I'm completely aware of the concept you're describing. But that concept is not the concept I attempted to describe in any of my posts in this thread. I'm well aware that some people are happy with their phones, and some people are content with their phones. There is NOTHING wrong with that, I honestly am happy for those people. I'm not attacking those people whatsoever.

My point of my last few posts is that there are people who live in "La la land", apparently in denial, still claiming that the S2 is the best device out there (or that it will be when OS6 is released). They aren't saying that it is the best device for them, but that it is the best device period. My only argument was that it is NOT the best device period, for all people, while it may be the best device for them.

Does this make sense? I really am attempting to be clear, but either I'm not clear, or I am and we're just not on the same page, or we are on the same page and people are arguing.

I really do attempt to have logical, well-reasoned arguments.

I loved the S2, it was by far the best phone I ever had, at the time. I loved it so much, I suggested it to my GF's dad, a school district superintendent. I suggested it to my friends and family, and showed it off. I was thrilled with it. Then something new caught my eye, and I got a deal on an Incredible on release day, from a VZW employee. I didn't renew my contract, or pay anywhere near full price for the phone.
    05-17-10 06:43 PM
131 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD