LOL, this coming from someone who calls him/herself "theOne"

Now that's "ridiculously overrated lameness"
    Actually, I call myself "the 101". Reading IS fundamental! But then again, you're a trucker, and how much reading does that require anyway?
    05-16-10 07:22 AM
    I love my droid. The Storm2 screen kept malfunctioning on me. If the 9650 was out, maybe I would've got that instead. Who cares about BT dialing? I don't use a BT headset. You look like a ********* wearing one of those. It's not illegal in my state to use the phone while driving.
    I don't wear a blue tooth device, sport. My Jabra Sp700 sits on the visor...

You know what they say when you ASSUME....
    05-16-10 11:04 AM
    you realize even talking at all on the phone bluetooth or not, adds a distraction. So in my opinion each is just as bad. whether its one button on earpiece or 1 on the phone you are still distracted just the same when you change a radio station.
    talking on the phone, while not without it's possible distractions, is NOTHING compared to fiddling with a phone to make or receive calls. If you can't see the distinction between those two acts, far be it from me to explain it sufficiently for you to understand.
    05-16-10 11:06 AM
    I am stunned. The droid doesn't have everything? Hmmmm.... I know that the 5 or so people with multiple accounts to increase the appearance of their numbers can't be misleading everybody about how even God himself uses the droid.

Afterall, that would be inaccurate and could even be seen as just trolling.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Have u ever been accused of being paranoid?
    05-16-10 11:13 AM
    talking on the phone, while not without it's possible distractions, is NOTHING compared to fiddling with a phone to make or receive calls. If you can't see the distinction between those two acts, far be it from me to explain it sufficiently for you to understand.
    there is no fiddling, its one button pushed on the phone to activated the voice prompt, simple as that. **** will my nav system that the phone is connected with its 1 button on that screen to to get the voice prompt and call. same difference
    05-16-10 12:14 PM
    Another Android covert, don't worry; i did the same but to Droid.
    Don't let the Door hit you in the A$$ on they way out Droid Drones! Bye-bye and don't come back!
    05-16-10 01:31 PM
    Actually, I call myself "the 101". Reading IS fundamental! But then again, you're a trucker, and how much reading does that require anyway?

If it's so fundamental to ya, then maybe you should "read the posts more closely" cause if you had, you would've seen he was talking about the VAD using the bluetooth.

As for the trucker comment I suppose in your eyes we're all just a bunch of "ignorant people" who don't know how to read, but that's ok, I know what "college degree" I have and another bit of food for thought is "without us" you wouldn't have your precious little phone or pc to post your nonsense with.
    05-16-10 03:20 PM
    there is no fiddling, its one button pushed on the phone to activated the voice prompt, simple as that. **** will my nav system that the phone is connected with its 1 button on that screen to to get the voice prompt and call. same difference
    still illegal and foolhardy.
    05-16-10 04:19 PM
    If it's so fundamental to ya, then maybe you should "read the posts more closely" cause if you had, you would've seen he was talking about the VAD using the bluetooth.

As for the trucker comment I suppose in your eyes we're all just a bunch of "ignorant people" who don't know how to read, but that's ok, I know what "college degree" I have and another bit of food for thought is "without us" you wouldn't have your precious little phone or pc to post your nonsense with.
    anyone who implies that a trucker is somehow inferior to themselves, is someone who: 1) is an air-headed bigot, 2) has low self-esteem and therefore tries to demean others, 3)thinks of themselves falsely as being superior to others. ie, the guy inserted his foot deeply into his mouth.
    05-16-10 04:31 PM
    still illegal and foolhardy.
    only 1/5 or so states have made it illegal i think. and i would like you to show me where it states you have to have "VAD via bluetooth" to make it legal as it is
    Last edited by howarmat; 05-16-10 at 04:46 PM.
    05-16-10 04:42 PM
    only 10 states have made it illegal. and i would like you to show me where it states you have to have VAD via bluetooth to make it legal as it is
    despite the fact that not all states have CURRENT laws against handling a phone while driving, you conveniently forgot to address the foolishness of handling your phone when driving. If you personally think it's wise to mess with your phone while driving, I hope I'm not in your vicinity when you decide to gamble with the safety of others around you.
    05-16-10 04:46 PM
    only 1/5 or so states have made it illegal i think. and i would like you to show me where it states you have to have "VAD via bluetooth" to make it legal as it is
    despite the fact that not all states have CURRENT laws against handling a phone while driving, you conveniently forgot to address the foolishness of handling your phone when driving. If you personally think it's wise to mess with your phone while driving, I hope I'm not in your vicinity when you decide to gamble with the safety of others around you.
    You two are arguing different points.

Mat is talking about using a button on the BT device itself, which I have no problem with and is perfectly legal; and is also what I was referring to earlier. This, Android cannot do.

Dave is talking about VAD being activated by a button on the handset, which Android CAN do; which means someone would be handling their device whether in a cradle or not, and therefore illegal in those states that have made it so because it can be a distraction. One might miss pressing the button/icon for VAD, possibly activate something unintended, and swerve into and/or pull into the lane of someone driving a $200,000 machine that weighs 80,000 and needs about a football field to stop at highway speed.
    05-16-10 05:02 PM
    Still don't understand anyone that uses a BB when they don't need to. It is necessary for those of us whose professions require secure push e-mail. If your office/ profession doesn't require it...HTC Android devices are very compelling. I've been with BB since 2002-2003ish and would jump to EVO in a heartbeat if they could do Exchange Server in a way that my firm and it's clients would approve.
    Some people just enjoy push email and notifications and quite frankly when the 9530 came out there just wasn't another device with all the capabilities of the storm. the iphone was close, but its on att and i hate apples business practices, so that wouldn't work out.
    05-16-10 05:10 PM
    You two are arguing different points.

Mat is talking about using a button on the BT device itself, which I have no problem with and is perfectly legal; and is also what I was referring to earlier. This, Android cannot do.

Dave is talking about VAD being activated by a button on the handset, which Android CAN do; which means someone would be handling their device whether in a cradle or not, and therefore illegal in those states that have made it so because it can be a distraction. One might miss pressing the button/icon for VAD, possibly activate something unintended, and swerve into and/or pull into the lane of someone driving a $200,000 machine that weighs 80,000 and needs about a football field to stop at highway speed.

Within a week of getting my first cell phone (somewhere around 2001), I was driving in the fast lane of 280 (in the bay area), doing above the legal limit. While chatting with my wife (and hence my attention was diverted by both the convo and the new "toy") I suddenly noticed I was about to hit the lead end of a concrete divider. THAT was the personal experience that brought it home to me just how freaking dangerous cell phones and driving, when mixed together, can be. I was about 2 seconds from a certain fiery death. I guess God was my co-pilot that day.
    05-16-10 06:26 PM
    Within a week of getting my first cell phone (somewhere around 2001), I was driving in the fast lane of 280 (in the bay area), doing above the legal limit. While chatting with my wife (and hence my attention was diverted by both the convo and the new "toy") I suddenly noticed I was about to hit the lead end of a concrete divider. THAT was the personal experience that brought it home to me just how freaking dangerous cell phones and driving, when mixed together, can be. I was about 2 seconds from a certain fiery death. I guess God was my co-pilot that day.
    Glad he was!
    I don't want to give anyone the wrong impression that using a headset is/isn't distracting in any way; it can be a large one, as Dave is evidencing. I personally find talking on a Bluetooth just as distracting as actually having passenger(s) - I've had a couple instances while chatting with my wife sitting beside me where I wasn't fully attentive to the road. I talk on the phone only a few minutes at a shot so I tend to think it's less distracting than talking to someone riding along, and occasionally need to remind myself it is as equally distracting.

05-16-10 06:41 PM
    Glad he was!
    I don't want to give anyone the wrong impression that using a headset is/isn't distracting in any way; it can be a large one, as Dave is evidencing. I personally find talking on a Bluetooth just as distracting as actually having passenger(s) - I've had a couple instances while chatting with my wife sitting beside me where I wasn't fully attentive to the road. I talk on the phone only a few minutes at a shot so I tend to think it's less distracting than talking to someone riding along, and occasionally need to remind myself it is as equally distracting.

I've upset my wife (she's very sensitive. LOL!) more than once by asking her to stop talking to me, when I'm driving in heavy traffic. She doesn't seem to "get it" that her chatting distracts me enough to make for a far more dangerous ride than it would be otherwise.
    05-16-10 06:52 PM
    I've upset my wife (she's very sensitive. LOL!) more than once by asking her to stop talking to me, when I'm driving in heavy traffic. She doesn't seem to "get it" that her chatting distracts me enough to make for a far more dangerous ride than it would be otherwise.
    Fairly certain being sensitive to that is included with the ring; I remember quite clearly years after it happened a day when I also asked mine if we could talk later as I was driving at the time, and when later came around she was still peeved, and let me know in no uncertain terms how much. Didn't last very long though once she snapped "I don't see how hard it would be to talk and drive with that damned thing in your ear, I have to hold my phone while I'm driving." She'd lost her headset somewhere and instead of asking me to find or get another she was just driving one-handed.
    Now she has a visor device and VAD. And we save idle chitchat while driving for when we're both in the car.

05-16-10 07:22 PM

A little sensitive? I guess you are allowed to insult me, but I'm supposed to sit back and take it? If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen. Sissy!!
    05-17-10 05:58 AM
    A little sensitive? I guess you are allowed to insult me, but I'm supposed to sit back and take it? If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen. Sissy!!
    If you ever read the guys posts he can take the heat much better than you.

05-17-10 06:43 AM
    If you ever read the guys posts he can take the heat much better than you.

Thank you Mr. co-signer! But I feel that I must respectfully disagree. You will NEVER see me get upset about anything that is ever said to me on a forum. Maybe that's why you and others are so quick to come to his aid, because he takes the heat so well!
    05-17-10 08:09 AM
    Thank you Mr. co-signer! But I feel that I must respectfully disagree. You will NEVER see me get upset about anything that is ever said to me on a forum. Maybe that's why you and others are so quick to come to his aid, because he takes the heat so well!
    You're responding, which means you're upset or that it got under your skin.

05-17-10 08:48 AM
    You're responding, which means you're upset or that it got under your skin.

Actually, this is fun for me!
    05-17-10 09:56 AM
    Or so you say.
    05-17-10 09:59 AM
    Or so you say.
    You have a 9530. You're not allowed in adult conversations.
    05-17-10 10:08 AM
    You have an android. You're not allowed out of your mom's basement.
    I laughed at that one. Well, this thread is going to get locked soon at this rate.

05-17-10 01:13 PM
131 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD