I'm curious though.

Did you cancel your contract or did you swap?

Is it possible to swap contracts or you can only continue that contract? I've had the storm 2 since November so I'm wondering whether or not I can cancel or swap without paying too much money...
    05-14-10 11:30 PM
    I look at other devices, and still see no reason to switch.

Incredible =
    05-15-10 01:03 AM
    But it's got an 8 MEGAPIXEL CAMERA!!! That makes it a better PHONE!
    05-15-10 01:24 AM
    That might depend on your perspective. I for one, would not want a device that did not have BT Voice Dialing. So, people either tether or, risk looking down to their phone to dial a number? Oh yeah, forgot, they'll all pull over..........

And of course, let's not forget that the increasing number of states, cities and counties, that have passed mandatory hands free laws. No thanks, it may not be the ultimate/ultimate deal breaker, but it's pretty darn close for many people.

Bluetooth voice dialing is overrated, nowhere near a deal breaker. And the whole bright sunlight argument is laughable. I'm out of the sun a whole lot more than I'm in it.
    05-15-10 01:57 AM
    I stabbed my S1.
    I got an 8530.
    I went Droid.
    -END-
    Last edited by californiablackberry; 05-15-10 at 02:23 AM.
    05-15-10 02:07 AM
    +1, I used to use speed dial with BT before if voice dial failed, but for some -odd- reason i can't quite get the hang of the no-look dial-by-feel technique down with a touchscreen...

That might depend on your perspective. I for one, would not want a device that did not have BT Voice Dialing. So, people either tether or, risk looking down to their phone to dial a number? Oh yeah, forgot, they'll all pull over..........

And of course, let's not forget that the increasing number of states, cities and counties, that have passed mandatory hands free laws. No thanks, it may not be the ultimate/ultimate deal breaker, but it's pretty darn close for many people.
    05-15-10 02:16 AM
    i have both devices and still use my BB more...but whatever floats your boat
    You must be doing A LOT of email because other than that I can't imagine what you would be doing that you prefer to use your S2.
    Last edited by garment69; 05-15-10 at 06:29 AM.
    05-15-10 02:53 AM

I can voice dial with my droid, and it works very well. Thank you.
    05-15-10 06:12 AM
    Let me start by saying I cared enough just read others bash you for your decision to post about leaving blackberrys for Droid.

Personally, I could careless what phone you use or don't use. What I find utterly dumb is your decision to create ANOTHER I'm leaving thread.

I am not bashing your phone...cause I never used your phone. I have fiddled around with the Eris and Droid but form factor and the fact that it isn't a 'berry is a total deal breaker for me.

MY Storm 2 does what I need it to do always!!! Is it perfect...no but it is darn close in my opinion. So frankly, your opinion of how bad Rim is or how far behind blackberry's are in general is a mute point to me and about 98% of the 'berry users and owners.

Once again..."the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or one."

Just sayin'
    Very well said...so long, farewell, don't let the door hit you in the head on the way out; just leave.
    05-15-10 06:38 AM
    I can voice dial with my droid, and it works very well. Thank you.
    You cannot voice dial from a droid, using a blue tooth device. There is no way to dial in a hands-free manner (ie, you have to pick up your droid and manipulate the screen--something that is illegal in California and many other states Besides which, it's just plain stupid and dangerous to handle your phone when driving. Bluetooth voice dialing is far safer, as all you have to do is tap a button on your BT voice, wait for the prompt, and speak the contact's name)
    Last edited by dave1812; 05-15-10 at 01:05 PM.
    05-15-10 01:02 PM
    You cannot voice dial from a droid, using a blue tooth device. There is no way to dial in a hands-free manner (ie, you have to pick up your droid and manipulate the screen--something that is illegal in California and many other states Besides which, it's just plain stupid and dangerous to handle your phone when driving. Bluetooth voice dialing is far safer, as all you have to do is tap a button on your BT voice, wait for the prompt, and speak the contact's name)
    Actually I don't have to pick it up at all. I just touch one button and say "call xxx" (actually quite similar to your precious Bluetooth ) and guess what, the call is completed.
    05-15-10 04:54 PM
    And with this statement you are confirming that you are using the device as opppsed to using the Bluetooth device to dial. The point Dave is making is that you can NOT use the Bluetooth device to voice-dial with an Android OS. With a BlackBerry equipped with voice-dial you can leave the device in your pocket or holster while driving, which is what others have been trying to say.

Actually I don't have to pick it up at all. I just touch one button and say "call xxx" (actually quite similar to your precious Bluetooth ) and guess what, the call is completed.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-10 05:36 PM
    You just made my point. amazing how android users excuse the lack of true bluetooth voice dialing, just because they like the phone otherwise. What you are doing is illegal (not to mention foolhardy) in many states when you are driving.
    05-15-10 08:06 PM
    I love my droid. The Storm2 screen kept malfunctioning on me. If the 9650 was out, maybe I would've got that instead. Who cares about BT dialing? I don't use a BT headset. You look like a ********* wearing one of those. It's not illegal in my state to use the phone while driving.
    05-15-10 08:22 PM
    Who cares about BT dialing? I don't use a BT headset. You look like a ********* wearing one of those. It's not illegal in my state to use the phone while driving.
    A lot of people care, as should be obvious by some of the posts in this thread... I also find it disheartening how you'd put your own vanity ahead of the safety of yourself and others on the road.
    05-15-10 09:34 PM
    Boo hoo. There's a better chance that I would've crashed if I kept my storm2 checking emails while going through the menu to get pictures to download in my BIS truncated crippled emails.
    05-15-10 09:54 PM
    I love my droid. The Storm2 screen kept malfunctioning on me. If the 9650 was out, maybe I would've got that instead. Who cares about BT dialing? I don't use a BT headset. You look like a ********* wearing one of those. It's not illegal in my state to use the phone while driving.
    Your arrogance amazes me. I may look like a ****** bag wearing one, but at least your family will make it home safely because I'm not paying more attention to my phone, than the road.

Just because it isn't illegal, doesn't mean it isn't wrong.
    05-15-10 09:55 PM
    you realize even talking at all on the phone bluetooth or not, adds a distraction. So in my opinion each is just as bad. whether its one button on earpiece or 1 on the phone you are still distracted just the same when you change a radio station.
    05-15-10 10:07 PM
    And with this statement you are confirming that you are using the device as opppsed to using the Bluetooth device to dial. The point Dave is making is that you can NOT use the Bluetooth device to voice-dial with an Android OS. With a BlackBerry equipped with voice-dial you can leave the device in your pocket or holster while driving, which is what others have been trying to say.

My point is that I don't need the bluetooth voice dialing. I do not drive with my phone in my pocket, I drive with my phone in it's cradle. This is just a ridiculously overrated feature that bb users cling to try and justify the lameness that is blackberry.
    05-15-10 10:09 PM
    Overrated or not, I find it quite easy to get in a vehical whether my own or employer provided and be able to answer any calls without taking my hands off the wheel or messing with a cradle. It takes less time to press the button on my headset and speak a name to dial than it does to adjust volume or take a sip of coffee.
    As far as lame goes, I have yet to really see where an Android device actually IS better, outside the almighty browser. Some of us actually use our devices for communication, which is what they were designed for.

My point is that I don't need the bluetooth voice dialing. I do not drive with my phone in my pocket, I drive with my phone in it's cradle. This is just a ridiculously overrated feature that bb users cling to try and justify the lameness that is blackberry.
    05-15-10 10:34 PM
    If youre happy with whatever phone you have, great! go and be happy. I don't get the point of all the back and forth and measuring of **** sizes. It's a PHONE! you don't have new super powers (lol although sometimes it may feel that way). Either way, unless the point is to post a comparison, which has already been done numerous times, what other point would you be making other than to slam RIM or BBs?
    05-16-10 12:24 AM
    Why? Because its a huge omission? In my state one can get a ticket using a phone while driving. While in my ** talking on a handsfree is only marginally better than holding it with your hand or shoulder, talking is a bad distraction period.

05-16-10 05:19 AM
    No bluetooth dialing on the droid? I am honestly shocked that the device does not have it. I played with one and thought it was pretty cool and considered getting one. I use that feature everyday. I honestly don't know if I could do without it. My mothers lg flip phone had bluetooth VAD......

05-16-10 05:24 AM
    No bluetooth dialing on the droid? I am honestly shocked that the device does not have it.
    I am stunned. The droid doesn't have everything? Hmmmm.... I know that the 5 or so people with multiple accounts to increase the appearance of their numbers can't be misleading everybody about how even God himself uses the droid.

Afterall, that would be inaccurate and could even be seen as just trolling.

05-16-10 06:18 AM
    This is just a ridiculously overrated feature that bb users cling to try and justify the lameness that is blackberry.
    LOL, this coming from someone who calls him/herself "theOne"

Now that's "ridiculously overrated lameness"
    05-16-10 07:18 AM
131 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD