I unlocked my 9530, popped in my AT&T SIM card and it works perfect, BB Messenger, Browser, email, the works

Now I no longer need to carry two devices around, one for my personal Verizon Service and one for my AT&T work account, it's down to just the Storm.

So happy, RIM hit a home run on this one!
    11-24-08 01:28 PM
    lol WAT

3g or edge?
    11-24-08 01:29 PM
    I want to know if in 30 days if the AT&T sim still works. I've heard so much
    about the unlocking procedure. I heard that Verizon would only allow international sim's, thus my
    comment...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-08 01:33 PM
    lol WAT

3g or edge?
    EDGE only, but who cares, my Blackberry 8700 was only EDGE. This way at work I can use the AT&T network for phone calls, etc and if I want to use it for personal use or need fast downloads I switch over to Verizon's network.

I want to know if in 30 days if the AT&T sim still works. I've heard so much
    about the unlocking procedure. I heard that Verizon would only allow international sim's, thus my
    comment...
    I got it unlocked through Verizon. I am going to Europe next week for business and want to be able to have my Company pay for business use, and I'll pay for my personal use, just by switching SIM cards.
    Last edited by BigVDawgy; 11-24-08 at 01:42 PM.
    11-24-08 01:40 PM
    How do you switch back and forth between verizon and att?? do you just swap out the sim cards & need a reboot everytime you switch?
    11-24-08 08:16 PM
    How do you switch back and forth between verizon and att?? do you just swap out the sim cards & need a reboot everytime you switch?
    I go into Mobile Network under Options-Advanced and switch between 1XEV and GSM to go back and forth
    11-24-08 08:19 PM
    I go into Mobile Network under Options-Advanced and switch between 1XEV and GSM to go back and forth
    So you don't need the vz sim card in it for it to work on your personal account? Just wondering b/c i have vz for personal phone and att for work and travel internation. Work pays for overseas calls. Do you just insert the att sim when you go out of the country or leave it in all the time? Thanks
    11-24-08 08:42 PM
    So you don't need the vz sim card in it for it to work on your personal account? Just wondering b/c i have vz for personal phone and att for work and travel internation. Work pays for overseas calls. Do you just insert the att sim when you go out of the country or leave it in all the time? Thanks
    My situation is exactly the same. I leave the AT&T SIM card in the phone all the time and switch between carriers throught Options - Advanced - Mobile Network
    11-24-08 08:44 PM
    That is amazing. Does anyone see any problems with this?

However, I'll just have to put it in when I go overseas because I still will need to answer both my work phone and personal phone while in the states.
    11-24-08 10:57 PM
    That is amazing. Does anyone see any problems with this?

However, I'll just have to put it in when I go overseas because I still will need to answer both my work phone and personal phone while in the states.
    When at work I forward my Verizon calls to my AT&T line and operate in GSM mode. I receive calls from both numbers but can only dial from the work number unless I manually switch back to CDMA mode.
    11-24-08 11:00 PM
    that is awesome!! This will solve my problem of carrying 2 phones as well!! How did they go about unlocking it?
    11-24-08 11:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD