i am looking for a real good stereo head set .... some thing which might have a volume control too .... any suggestions ...
    12-22-08 01:33 PM
    first is what is your price range.... they can range anywhere to $20 or $500 for in ear phones
    12-22-08 01:37 PM
    I dont know about you, but i have returned about 6 pairs of headphones looking for the best ones for under $125.

I had two main criteria, great sound, and a mic with volume control.

Now i have one criteria, awesome sound.

I cannot believe how mediocure the sub $100 headphones sound.

I kept on trying them back to back with my seinheiser big ol earphones.

Either you got huge bass, with cruddy mids, or awesome mids and high's with no bass.

Cue two months later and i finally found a pair.

Ultimate ears 5vi pro's

$185 on amazon

Dual drivers per ear phone.

Awesome clarity on all levels.

Extreamly sensitive, ie i dont have to turn my player up all the way to get them to get them loud.

M-audio has a pair called the m-30's i believe, with the same technology.

The only reason im so passonate about this topic, is that there was soo much cr@p i had to wade through just to realize how good earphones can sound.

Now i have to re-encode 1/2 my mp3 library to higher bit rates. The high end earphones will show every weakness in your encoding.

Seinheiser makes some good high end earphones too. I'd avoid the bose, although some might disagree, as they are never in the top 20 and cost nearly as much as the ultimates.

Google audiophile earphones and the ultimate ears usually rank among the top 2. The Whetstones are often #1 but cost nearly $400 ...
    Last edited by sprintrjm; 12-22-08 at 01:44 PM.
    12-22-08 01:42 PM
    ohh wow thats a lot on info .. i didnt expected to get this detailed answer !!! any thing which is 2.5 mm would work with storm right?
    12-22-08 01:45 PM
    ohh wow thats a lot on info .. i didnt expected to get this detailed answer !!! any thing which is 2.5 mm would work with storm right?
    nope its 3.5, regular ol mini plug found on 99% of the earphones out there.
    12-22-08 01:45 PM
    but if you want a good sounding cheap pair, this may sound funny but, Jvc marshmallows sound better than 99% of the sub $125 earphones.

Sony makes an ok, in ear earphone as well for about $35

Skull candys are ok for cheap too.

Too bad you cant go to a store and try them all back to back to figure out what works best for you.

;(
    12-22-08 01:48 PM
    I'm very happy with a set of v-moda bass frequencies I bought. Highly recommended by cnet and they were only around $40.
    12-22-08 02:02 PM
    I'm very happy with a set of v-moda bass frequencies I bought. Highly recommended by cnet and they were only around $40.
    Even cheaper at Costco.
    12-22-08 02:10 PM
    but if you want a good sounding cheap pair, this may sound funny but, Jvc marshmallows sound better than 99% of the sub $125 earphones.

Sony makes an ok, in ear earphone as well for about $35

Skull candys are ok for cheap too.

Too bad you cant go to a store and try them all back to back to figure out what works best for you.

;(
    JVC HA FX34 Marshmallow is that the one u are refering?
    12-22-08 03:09 PM
    I'm using the Shures, and they work great!
    12-22-08 03:12 PM
    if you don't mind spending a few bucks, i HIGHLY recommend Shure headphones. I have an old pair thats lasted me nearly 4 years. I am going to get one with a mic soon. But yea, HIGHLY recommend them.

These are $100 (on asle): pretty good ones Shure - SE102MPA Sound Isolating Mobile Headset

these are $380 (on sale) and amazing: Shure - SE420MPA Sound Isolating Stereo Mobile Headset

They have 3 price in between as well. ($279, $179 and $124)

Check them out. They also have an additional piece of equipment that you plug into the phone and the the headphones plug into there and when you want to hear people without taking out your headphones you just push a button (has a built in mic that takes the noise from outside and puts it in your headphones)
    12-22-08 03:37 PM
    I'm using the Shures, and they work great!
    you beat me to it.
    12-22-08 03:37 PM
    if you don't mind spending a few bucks, i HIGHLY recommend Shure headphones. I have an old pair thats lasted me nearly 4 years. I am going to get one with a mic soon. But yea, HIGHLY recommend them.

These are $100 (on asle): pretty good ones Shure * - SE102MPA Sound Isolating Mobile Headset

these are $380 (on sale) and amazing: Shure * - SE420MPA Sound Isolating Stereo Mobile Headset

They have 3 price in between as well. ($279, $179 and $124)

Check them out. They also have an additional piece of equipment that you plug into the phone and the the headphones plug into there and when you want to hear people without taking out your headphones you just push a button (has a built in mic that takes the noise from outside and puts it in your headphones)

thanks alot !
    12-23-08 07:37 AM
    For some reason I'm a headphones junky. I have two pair of Shures and I use my Denon (AH-D7000) with them too.
    12-23-08 07:42 AM
    I'm using the Bose noise-cancelling over-the-ear headphones. They're pricey but they do a great job of eliminating ambient noise and have pretty good sound output.
    12-23-08 08:42 AM
    EARPHONES REVIEWS

Great earphone review site.

#1 Shure 530pth $400+

#2 Ulimate Ears 5vi pro $180 on amazon -----> beating out really expensive earphones

#3 Westone in ear $400+

I don't mean to offend, but if your considering spending nearly $200 for headphones, check out some audiophile web sites.
    Search for Shure / Ultimate / M-Audio. The ultra high end audio sites never ever bring up bose earphones. Its all about quality for your dollar. Its funny that Seinheiser is almost always excluded from the top in-ear earphones, but their regular headphones are outstanding. For that matter, Sony makes awesome high end headphones as well, but for some reason they decided to only produce nice sounding in-expensive earbuds.

BTW, Westone and Ultimate ears make custom fitted earphones for all the top musical artists.

But to each their own, find what works for you, and be happy.
    Last edited by sprintrjm; 12-23-08 at 09:24 AM.
    12-23-08 09:08 AM
    The ones that come with it are just fine but lacks the volume.
    The bass is nice man
    12-23-08 09:28 AM
    JVC HA FX34 Marshmallow is that the one u are refering?

I think those are the ones.

When i had my iphone, they were the best earphones under $125.00 and better yet they only cost me $14.00

Call me crazy, buy after listening to the Skull candy ti's, the v-moda vibe, the ultimate ear $100 earphones, bang and olfson $175 iphone earphones, and a few pairs i cant remember. After listening to all of those back to back, i preferred the $14 marshmallows over those.

I currently have sony headphones, sony earphones, koss --> crazy cheap but highly regarded headphones, seinheiser px250 headphones, Jvc marshmallows, Ultimate Ears 5vi pros.

I'm pickier than i ever hope you to be.

ocd anybody?
    12-23-08 09:34 AM
    The ones that come with it are just fine but lacks the volume.
    The bass is nice man

Again i'm not trying to offend.

But once you have the pleasure to listen to some high end earphones or headphones for that matter, you have nooooo idea what your missing.

If you dont care to spend too much money on earphones, then i dont suggest you ever ask either you friends or a sales associate to try out a high end pair. You will never see the stock headphones in the same light again.

Its like going from a motorolla star tac 17 year old phone, to a blackberry storm. There is just no comparison.
    12-23-08 09:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD