1. mitch23's Avatar
    I wanted to get the Storm since I heard about it originally. I've never had a BB before and I was hoping the Storm would be my first. I'm not eligible for the upgrade until Jan. 4th. I've read the numerous problems with the Storm and it makes me a little nervous to potentially waste my upgrade with the Storm if it'll be crummy.

    Should I still purchase the Storm if a good amount of the issues aren't fixed by January or should I just stick with my Voyager? The 8830 doesn't really appeal to me, and the Curve is a little on the old side. It sucks because I want a BB, but I want a good one.

    Any advice? BTW, these forums are awesome.
    11-28-08 06:26 PM
  2. KrackJack's Avatar
    Buy it only if you want to spend your money and test the buggy half-baked product for them. You can look forward to spending hours trying to update the software. Just wait a few months and they will come out with a better phone. Cheers.
    11-28-08 06:30 PM
  3. noaim's Avatar
    once again your going to get mixed reviews.. this has to come down to what your willing to do after probably testing the phone yourself. Some People here are going to tell you to BUY IT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE

    Some people are going to tell you to NEVER GET IT.

    If you have read the forum you will see some problems with the device that is very common when something like this first hits the market.

    The truth is everyone that comes out from now on will have a list of things that are wrong the day it comes out.. from different people either having a defective one or os bugs or what not.

    So you have a option to stay and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait for the next wait for the next or eventually get one.

    If you wait longer you will be able to see what the updates have fixed however if you wait to long it will be like the statement you said about the curve (it eventually turns into a "old" phone)
    11-28-08 06:34 PM
  4. mitch23's Avatar
    As far as using it for myself, I played with the floor model in the store and I liked it for the most part, except for the slower performance. I can type pretty fast on the click-screen and I happened to find it fairly natural.

    I'm hoping RIM will fix a decent amount of bugs in the next month or so. That way it'll make me feel better about purchasing it. I think it'll be a good thing that I'll have to wait and let it all shake out. Is the new Curve 8900 going to be a VZW phone?
    11-28-08 06:54 PM
  5. cereal killer's Avatar
    Get the Curve its a really good phone. I have not had one issue with it.

    Do not buy the Storm unless your willing to put up with endless problems. Yes endless. There are HARDWARE ISSUES that CANNOT be fixed until a new model comes out. Despite what everyone is saying software update(s) will never fix the problems that will exist 2, 3, 6 months down the road.

    The cliche a chain is only as strong as its weakest link applies to the Storm. The HARDWARE is the weak link and people are about to find that out : )

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-08 07:06 PM