So i was wondering how sensitive the accelerometer was and i stumbled on this one game called Tiltris (like tilt and tetris). You play it just by tilting the phone and using the accelerometer to move the blocks and such. It was actually really responsive on how it corresponded with the phone, it surprised me a bit hahaha. Anyway i found it on GetJar website, something like that.

After playing with it and seeing how good it was, I am excited to see what other games are going to me made for it, maybe we'll see some of the more popular iphone games. I know for me, I am slightly relieved to see an actually good game use the accelerometer. Ive only seen a few crappy ones.

Has anyone tried it yet?
    02-08-09 02:55 PM
    On the iPhone there's a "seismometer" app. Since the Storm's accelerometer is every bit as sensitive, it'd be fun to have the same app for us.

I watched one of my coworkers place his iP on the table and we could see the footsteps of someone walking down the hall outside his office. VERY cool app...
    02-08-09 03:03 PM
    Im surprised more people havent played the tiltris game, its actually a heck of a lot of fun. It kind of flew under the radar.

There should be plenty of new apps like that in the app store. Yea, we just need to hold out for just another month haha. I havent really heard as much buzz about the BB app store as I did the apple one though. Fingers crossed!!!

Oh and that seisometer thing is awesome, I cant wait.
    02-08-09 03:14 PM
    There's another app that will show you how sensitive it is. A ball rolls around your screen as you tilt the phone, the ball will go in that direction. I forgot the name of it though.
    02-08-09 03:30 PM
    There's another app that will show you how sensitive it is. A ball rolls around your screen as you tilt the phone, the ball will go in that direction. I forgot the name of it though.
    Here ya go: http://www.spampeg.com/AccelerometerDemo/AccelerometerDemo.jad

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-09 03:59 PM
    I think if tiltris was a little more full featured in terms of keeping high scores and saving games it would have turned a few more heads. Also, its just tetris which everybody has seen for twenty years already. But it and other games and demos have proven the sensor is more than sensitive enough to do a lot of cool things.

02-08-09 10:25 PM
    Tiltrus is cool but if you leave your phone on the table the rubber feet on the bottom don't let the phone stay level in the game.

02-09-09 02:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD