They need to make a os kinda based of the os of a iphone, and no company could **** with bb at all!!!
    05-24-09 05:05 PM
    Apple took a different road with the OS on the iPhone... Though I would like if RIM modified the OS to be more friendly to a touch screen BUT I think the entire point is that RIM is trying to make the experience of the Storm similar to that of the other newer phones being offered by RIM.
    05-24-09 05:11 PM
    I would hate to not be able to multitask. The idea of a bb is to be able to do this. And to be able to run applications in the background. The iphone os is stable and touch screen friendly but not great for doing a lot of stuff at the same time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-09 05:27 PM
    I would hate to not be able to multitask. The idea of a bb is to be able to do this. And to be able to run applications in the background. The iphone os is stable and touch screen friendly but not great for doing a lot of stuff at the same time.

While true, they are working on ways around this or to "fix" this on the iPhone. I believe the main reason for Apple for not doing so in the first place was to ensure the speed of the phone?
    05-24-09 06:28 PM
    While true, they are working on ways around this or to "fix" this on the iPhone. I believe the main reason for Apple for not doing so in the first place was to ensure the speed of the phone?
    True, they are, but they have found it uses about double the battery usage to do so. Thus far there is no real progress on that front. Multitasking seems to be outside of the iPhone's reach unless they make a far bulkier battery or majorly redesign the OS. Copy/Paste was easy an inexplicable that it took so long to add, but they'll have it in 3.0, and push email isn't exactly easy, but it's a step towards true multitasking. The thing is, Apple has found multitasking to be a real problem for them, and it's unlikely we will see that one anytime soon.
    05-25-09 01:04 PM
    The ability to multitask is definitely one of the things that BlackBerry has over Apples iphone. With my ipod touch, I keep on quitting programs expecting them to run in the background but they don't and I have to start all over. However RIM needs to work on a brand new OS for touchscreen phones that is touchbased, not based off of a qwerty OS like the storms OS is now.

05-25-09 03:49 PM
    that makes so much sense thats why the iphone runs way better than the storm. You can multitask. it always has good ram to run off of because you can only run a couple of programs at one time. that makes alot of sense man
    06-02-09 11:14 AM

I wonder if that will change with their upgrade coming out?
    06-02-09 12:39 PM
    I wonder if that will change with their upgrade coming out?
    I heard it was coming out with new iPhone. Will it? No idea : )

If it does Palm may have a big problem on their hands.

Then again WebOS is no slouch and it is in fact totally innovative. That in itself may draw the consumers who are tired of Apple over. It's going to be quite an interesting few months here.
    06-02-09 03:22 PM
    I heard it was coming out with new iPhone. Will it? No idea : )

If it does Palm may have a big problem on their hands.

Then again WebOS is no slouch and it is in fact totally innovative. That in itself may draw the consumers who are tired of Apple over. It's going to be quite an interesting few months here.
    I agree it will be an interesting few months.
    Why do u say people are tired of apple?
    Because they are so restrictive.
    I saw a guy last night running the new AAPL os.
    What he could do with his video was amazing.
    06-02-09 03:46 PM
    They need to make a os kinda based of the os of a iphone, and no company could **** with bb at all!!!
    They did hire an ex-AAPL guy
    06-02-09 03:47 PM
    You know how Appletards always say that we copy off their touch screen technology? They may be low enough to accuse us of that. At least we can take comfort in knowing we would never accuse them of stealing our multitasking, copy and paste, and MMS... Right?
    06-02-09 04:15 PM
    all they need to do is be able to install apps on a sd card, which will free up application ram memory for apps. that are currently running.
    06-02-09 05:25 PM
    Apple took a different road with the OS on the iPhone... Though I would like if RIM modified the OS to be more friendly to a touch screen BUT I think the entire point is that RIM is trying to make the experience of the Storm similar to that of the other newer phones being offered by RIM.
    yup. i totally agree with you
    06-03-09 02:27 AM
    The problem is RIM took an OS that was never designed for Touch Screen use, and adapted it on the Storm. Thus all the difficulties, and restrictions in the amount of innovation that can be implemented on the Storm. While if I would have had a go at it, I would have chosen to used there already fantastic BIS/BES technology running on top of Android or Symbian OS. Why reinvent the wheel. With the hiring of an Ex. Apple employee, RIM seems to be taking the hint, that they are no longer just producing devices that attract buisness users, but devices that are becoming trendy and attract a younger more technology oriented user, and thus have to raise the bar.
    06-03-09 05:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD