Specifically for baseball, I've got emails out to Verizon & MLB about either supporting the apps that are currently out or if there are any new apps coming out.

Unfortunately nothing to report yet.
    Where were you 2 weeks ago when I was asking this same question, lol!

I have .... maybe the best website for those interested in Sports.... unfortunately, because its made by a telecommunications giant, was only created to work with the Blackberry's and iPhones in which they sell (may I also say they don't sell the Storm)

With a little manipulation of the URL I have figured out how to have my Storm work properly under the iPhone settings.

This site works with all major sports and auto refreshes every 2 minutes.

I have learned to live with just visiting the site, but my vision was to have a button on my Storm that I could select to visit automatically.

Anyways....here is the site...please let me know what you guys think?

ScoreMobile - NHL

Regards.
    03-01-09 06:18 PM
    Until a dedicated app appears, I'm very content with Viigo. Not perfect, but good enough.
    03-01-09 06:23 PM
    You won't find an application because sports scores and stats are not free. Companies that pay for score information want to offset the cost by driving traffic to their sites.

If there was a free RSS feed for sports scores, then there would be a dozen apps out there. No such feed exists; thus no apps. Period.
    Interesting, but ultimately false. There are many free sports apps for the iPhone and for just about every other platform. There will be for the STORM, just not quite yet it appears...
    Funny ... its six weeks later and my prediction is still true. Sports scores are a premium information item, and the economics probably just don't support a Storm application. The information comes from the web anyway, so there's no compelling reason to develop a stand-alone app when content-providers already have mobile websites.

Will someone eventually release a free stand-alone app for the Storm? Probably. But even if so, it will probably go dark after the seed money gets spent and the business model is proven unsuccessful. The only long-term possibility is a paid app, and its a real crap shoot as to how such an app would sell when free web-based alternatives exist.
    03-02-09 12:22 PM
    try searching Y!fan, thats for yahoo fantasy teams it's 3.99 but worth it
    07-11-09 07:55 PM
    Score Mobile is a really good app. It;s in appworld.
    07-11-09 11:16 PM
    Download the Score from the Blackberry App Centre. It just became available for the Storm recently, it refreshes every few minutes and additional sports are promised in the near future, but all important ones are there for now.
    07-12-09 12:40 AM
    Score Mobile is a really good app. It;s in appworld.
    It would be a good app if you could select the sport easier. It is virtually impossible to choose the MLB from the drop down list. In fact, I switched it to PGA and now no matter how hard I try I can't get it to select MLB again.

Edit: Never mind, I uninstalled and reinstalled and it's working fine now. Apologies to the developers.
    Last edited by mg6035; 07-12-09 at 09:38 PM.
    07-12-09 03:06 PM
    Hi -- I'm the Product Manager for ScoreMobile for BlackBerry. Our app is free, and the latest version (v1.1) released this week has been optimized specifically for the Storm. It is a TRUE app -- not a launcher. You can get it from App World.

I'd love to get any feedback, as we are planning refinements for v1.2 (~September).

-df
    Last edited by dfallon; 07-17-09 at 04:37 PM.
    07-17-09 01:57 PM
    Hi -- I'm the Product Manager for ScoreMobile for BlackBerry. Our app is free, and the latest version (v1.1) released this week has been optimized specifically for the Storm. It is a TRUE app -- not a launcher. You can get it from App World.

I'd love to get any feedback, as we are plannig refinements for v1.2 (~September).

-df
    I have it an it's pretty nice. I enjoy the layout. It's not overly smooth on my STORM, but it is functional. Every works ok functionally, but it seems a bit clunky on the STORM. There are hesitations intermittantly, non-smooth scrolling at times, etc. On my iPOD Touch, on the other hand, this app is very smooth. So while 1.1 may be optimized for the STORM, it may need a bit more optimizing ..
    07-17-09 03:17 PM

I'd love to get any feedback, as we are planning refinements for v1.2 (~September).

-df
    Hi, are you guys planning to update your application for tennis scores and news?
    07-17-09 08:04 PM
    Yes, we will be adding support for tennis to ScoreMobile for BlackBerry. Unfortunately it won't be until the fall, so we will miss the US Open this year.

If you are curious, other leagues in the works include soccer: (UEFA Champions, Serie A and La Liga) and F1 auto racing. There will also be a feature which allows you to prioritize your favorite leagues and hide the ones of less interest.

In general we want to really "nail" the Storm interface, so please keep those comments coming.
    07-20-09 10:06 AM
    I was using ESPN for awhile, as well as The Hockey News for NHL, but this app works very well for me. It gives me what I want to know, and is updated continually. You can hit the link from your Blackberry at www.thescore.com.
    07-20-09 02:04 PM
    This is a wonderful app! I used it throughout the weekend to keep up with MLB scores. This is much easier to navigate on the Storm than the web-based Fox Sports "app". I like that you can select favorite teams and have them always appear at the top of the days' schedule/scoreboard.

BRAVO!
    07-20-09 02:35 PM
    Yes, we will be adding support for tennis to ScoreMobile for BlackBerry. Unfortunately it won't be until the fall, so we will miss the US Open this year.

If you are curious, other leagues in the works include soccer: (UEFA Champions, Serie A and La Liga) and F1 auto racing. There will also be a feature which allows you to prioritize your favorite leagues and hide the ones of less interest.

In general we want to really "nail" the Storm interface, so please keep those comments coming.
    How about let it work in landscape mode?? Thats my number 1 gripe.. and why i use your website 90% of the time.. Id also like to see option for pitch by pitch or play by play updates when looking at a specific game.. Kinda like you can do on ESPN website. What would really make my day would be an ESPN MVP app for blackberry...
    07-20-09 03:08 PM
    Very very nice app. Bravo indeed
    07-20-09 03:25 PM
    I really like the score app and it will be nice when you can hide leagues I don't care about. It would also be nice to select favorite teams to follow and possibly even have their schedule show up in my calendar on the bb. Whoever does that wins my support for a mobile app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-09 05:07 PM
    The best is Score Mobile. It is absolutely awesome. I would pay for this app. It is made exclusively for the Blackberry and can be downloaded free from the Blackberry app site.
    07-20-09 05:29 PM
    I have had 3 different Blackberry's and I have had Score Mobile on all of them. I love this app. Especially since you can mark your favorite teams and they show up first on the score list. It's also great since I follow so many different sports. They're all in one spot!
    04-05-10 01:52 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD