I tried searching, but so far I haven't found much at all. Are there any good sports score applications (not websites) for the STORM? I've seen several that work well on other BB's , but not a good one for the STORM. I just want something that updates scores realtime with a fairly nice interface. I don't want a website, but a separate app for the STORM. I have VIIGO, but I don't find the updates very immediate. Yahoo Go doesn't seem to be available for the STORM yet, although that looks nice.

Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!
    01-14-09 12:47 PM
    My only suggestion is to wait on the App store to open in March...Currently there is not a huge library of applications designed specifically for the Storm.
    01-14-09 01:04 PM
    I use the mobile ESPN app and just set my teams in the favorites section
    01-14-09 01:12 PM
    The Hockey News is decent for Hockey (obviously), but it's not quite real time.
    Otherwise I do the same thing as Rman1971, ESPN Mobile.
    01-14-09 01:50 PM
    i just use viigo.
    it's just scores though..
    no box scores or anything.
    01-14-09 01:52 PM
    Viigo ** hum 10 characters

Edit: "h o" got bleeped?????? Amazing. But I can say I am sick of your ****e, or stick it up your arse. Weird. That is so funny.
    Last edited by CrackleBerryMound; 01-14-09 at 05:24 PM.
    01-14-09 05:22 PM
    Thanks for the responses so far. I have THN and I do love it for Hockey. Where can I get the ESPN mobile app from?
    01-14-09 06:50 PM
    You can download the app from mobile.blackberry.com by typing it in on your browser on the phone. Its under sports menu.

ANOTHER Good Sports score app is Sports Illustrated App, in my opinion its a bit faster but doesnt show what channels the games will be on TV.
    01-14-09 06:56 PM
    espn mobile works for me
    01-14-09 07:35 PM
    Thanks for the responses so far. I have THN and I do love it for Hockey. Where can I get the ESPN mobile app from?
    What are the links for the THN and ESPN Mobile sites you are using? Viigo is ok, but I like to get box scores too.
    01-14-09 07:45 PM
    ESPN mobile is not an app... its a launcher to their mobile website... you can go to the same place by typing in espn.com in the address bar of your brower if it is set to the default blackberry browser. Also, if you are interested in the launcher, you can also download it directly from there site. You have to download it through the phone.
    01-14-09 08:59 PM
    ESPN mobile is not an app... its a launcher to their mobile website... you can go to the same place by typing in espn.com in the address bar of your brower if it is set to the default blackberry browser. Also, if you are interested in the launcher, you can also download it directly from there site. You have to download it through the phone.
    Yes, I noticed that also (just a launcher) . SI is also a mobile web site. I am really not looking for that, but more of an application. I'll keep an eye out for the app store in March I suppose ...
    01-14-09 10:18 PM
    Yes, I noticed that also (just a launcher) . SI is also a mobile web site. I am really not looking for that, but more of an application. I'll keep an eye out for the app store in March I suppose ...
    I too have been looking for an app like you... it would be great to be able to open an app, have your fav teams games listed, and it updates in real time, without a refresh of the entire screen. Kinda like a gamecast. I also wish they had a mobile version of the Yahoo "stat tracker" for fantasy football. They have a mobile site i can go check my scores, but it doesn't update in real time... as i have to hit the refresh button every time.
    01-15-09 10:20 AM
    I like RealGM: Introducing RealGM Mobile but its a launcher... It still a great site!! Also, check-out dimemag.com (for basketball info)
    01-15-09 10:53 AM
    I like RealGM: Introducing RealGM Mobile but its a launcher... It still a great site!! Also, check-out dimemag.com (for basketball info)
    Yup, thanks. Looks nice. It's too bad there aren't any actual apps available yet dedicated to sports scores for the STORM. Quite surprising actually, since there are about 100 for the iPhone. I'm sure some will be coming for the STORM. I just hope it's soon.
    01-15-09 02:49 PM
    i cant believe there's no such app yet
    01-15-09 07:03 PM
    although there is no real app out, ive found that the best sports website out there right now is sportstap.mobi

it was made for the iphone but works perfectly on the storm.... its fast and has all the information you'll need
    01-15-09 10:15 PM
    Hopefully there will be one before the draft. I'm hoping I'm not busy for it, but if luck has it that I'll miss it on TV I'd love a real time update of who goes where!
    01-15-09 10:55 PM
    i cant believe there's no such app yet

Exactly, me either.
    01-16-09 02:02 PM
    Exactly, me either.
    I'm hoping when the App Center comes out there will be many in it.
    01-16-09 02:15 PM
    You won't find an application because sports scores and stats are not free. Companies that pay for score information want to offset the cost by driving traffic to their sites.

If there was a free RSS feed for sports scores, then there would be a dozen apps out there. No such feed exists; thus no apps. Period.
    01-16-09 04:26 PM
    You won't find an application because sports scores and stats are not free. Companies that pay for score information want to offset the cost by driving traffic to their sites.

If there was a free RSS feed for sports scores, then there would be a dozen apps out there. No such feed exists; thus no apps. Period.

Interesting, but ultimately false. There are many free sports apps for the iPhone and for just about every other platform. There will be for the STORM, just not quite yet it appears...
    01-16-09 06:04 PM
    Interesting, but ultimately false. There are many free sports apps for the iPhone and for just about every other platform. There will be for the STORM, just not quite yet it appears...
    Agreed. Any updates?
    03-01-09 03:16 PM
    Specifically for baseball, I've got emails out to Verizon & MLB about either supporting the apps that are currently out or if there are any new apps coming out.

Unfortunately nothing to report yet.
    03-01-09 05:49 PM
    Well the BB App store is opening 4/1 or so, so maybe we can hope for some sports apps then .. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
    03-01-09 06:13 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD