So, I've only owned my Storm since Friday, but so far, I've only had a few issues that worked themselves out. But I've had no crashes, stalls are way down to a minimum. (like something that'll be fixed with the new os i'm guessing).

My question is:

Did i get a good one? or is the fun yet to happen lol. If it helps, my storm was made in January and bought on the 20th. + I got it used.

did i get lucky? or just haven't had it long enough for it to crash.
    02-02-09 01:59 AM
    I really don't want to jinx you or myself but I'm on my 3rd Storm and this one was built 1/8/09 and is the best one by far. I feel the later built Storms are much more stable.

1st Storm built 11/29/08...screen clicking issues

2nd Storm built 12/16/08...dust under screen

*knocking on wood as I speak*
    02-02-09 02:09 AM
    I Actually can't tell what date it was made. but all I know it was made in Canada. which from what I've seen, its been good batches since RIM is in Canada.

anyway to see the date? I've looked behind the battery, on the box. in the About section.
    02-02-09 03:29 AM
    How can you tell where it was made?

I'm getting mine replaced tomorrow and would much rather look through the boxes first to get the most recent one.

Any help would be appreciated.
    02-02-09 03:30 AM
    on the side of the box it should have your white label, Verizon - storm, PIN, SIM card #, etc. and at the very bottom, it'll say "MADE IN - Canada" <--Mine and your Model number

but i have no idea how to translate that into a date. I saw a brief thread but it just told me where to look for the place it was made.
    02-02-09 03:43 AM
    If I remember correctly the date is DDMMYY format. I don't have my box in front of me but I believe mine reads something like this: 080109 Which translates to January 8, 2009. Hope this helps.
    02-02-09 04:21 AM
    If I remember correctly the date is DDMMYY format. I don't have my box in front of me but I believe mine reads something like this: 080109 Which translates to January 8, 2009. Hope this helps.
    Thats only on the box tho right?
    02-02-09 08:11 AM
    Im on my second storm and this one says 1/15/09 Made in Canada, but I'm having some slight screen click issues, running .75
    02-02-09 08:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD