Just got a note from Page Once

"Pageonce BlackBerry is going to cost you much less. We're lowering the price of subscription from $4.99/month to $9.99/year -- a yearly saving of almost $50.
    Now Pageonce's revolutionary personal internet assistant is available to BlackBerry users at the same low price as our iPhone application."

This has been my biggest worry - that BB Apps were priced far above iPhone. I know, it's all about volume and recovering development costs. But this is a good sign - price low and volume will come.
    03-03-09 11:25 AM
    Makes me wonder if RIM is putting a cap on purchase prices for the App store.

Also makes me wonder if that cap extends to subscriptions.
    03-03-09 11:37 AM
    Makes me wonder if RIM is putting a cap on purchase prices for the App store.

Also makes me wonder if that cap extends to subscriptions.
    The cap on the app storefront is 999$. They call them tiers and the last tier is 999$ i believe. I haven't logged into the storefront in like a week though.
    03-03-09 12:43 PM
    yes DMG is correct the highest tier goes to $999 which is never gunna be reached unless somebody just wants to be an ***.
    03-03-09 01:11 PM
    I can't imagine running a $999 app on a phone.

What would that be? a full G/L and A/P and payroll system??
    03-03-09 01:12 PM
    yes DMG is correct the highest tier goes to $999 which is never gunna be reached unless somebody just wants to be an ***.
    It might be used as a form of advertising. For example if you're able to sort the apps from Most Expensive to Least. If you choose 999$ it will be the most and a lot of people will see your item and read the description.

Although RIM is supposed to be doing quality control on all the apps so an app like that would just get denied I'm guessing.
    03-03-09 01:13 PM
    I can't imagine running a $999 app on a phone.

What would that be? a full G/L and A/P and payroll system??
    Maybe an app that would transform my phone into a car would be worth 1k but other then that...lol
    03-03-09 01:14 PM
    So what do you think?
    Should we expect comparable prices (or identical prices) on Apps on either platform (BB/iphone)?

Any examples of vendors with same price on each platform?
    Any examples of vendors with different prices based on platform?
    How many aps are even available on both platforms from the same vendor?
    03-03-09 03:26 PM
    lol. i paid $30 one time for that app from MobiHand a month ago
    03-03-09 03:28 PM
    supposedly if you did the trial for 14 days before, you can do it again but i tried it and its telling me that my trial period is over...

I regret not purchasing the app for 30 bucks lifetime. I like it and am really considering paying the 9 bucks a year....

does anyone know if its a lifetime fee for the iphone?
    03-04-09 01:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD