Yes, every forum will have it's fair share of complaints and workarounds, but look a little deeper into what those complaints are and you will see the difference. "My screen is too stiff", "My end button barely works", "my phone takes 8 minutes to boot up", etc. And the (very overrated) bluetooth voice dialing thing has been taken care of with Froyo, for the record.
    show me proof that froyo has resolved the bluetooth voice dialing issue, please.
    06-02-10 10:48 AM
    06-02-10 01:36 PM
    dave got PWNED!
    06-02-10 01:59 PM
    06-02-10 02:54 PM
    dave got PWNED!
    what on EARTH are u talking about? I asked for proof (links) that the new OS would have BT VD. He provided it. I don't find that to be evidence of being pwnd. (I was too lazy to go looking for evidence myself)
    06-02-10 02:56 PM
    excellent! thanks! about time that androids got that feature
    I'll see you on the other side!
    06-02-10 03:07 PM
    if they are going to discontinue the storm series maybe they aren't gonna bother with new os 6.0 ? I hope they do atleast 6.0 :/
    06-02-10 03:19 PM
    I'll see you on the other side!
    someday, I just MIGHT go over to the dark side. But not just yet.
    06-02-10 03:58 PM
    This post was so wrong on so many levels but also made me lol... still you're a moron! sometimes people take other peoples opinions to personally on here...lighten up guys...

IMO the storm2 sucks, well at least all 5 of my exchanges did....It's a shame really because I really liked the idea at first. My current one I've downgraded back to OS 5.0.436 because of the many issues mentioned in this thread. and NO it's not user error!

I was thinking to hold out for OS6, but honestly I can't be that bothered really, as soon as I find the time I will take pics and write an ad for Gumtree and use the money to buy out my contract. This phone just isn't for me.

anyone from London want to buy a nearly new Storm2? I have two available.
    Excellent post. So as opposed to you know, providing some kind of proof basis that my post is 'wrong on so many levels' (as someone who actually enjoys my device, and found solutions to some of these problems myself) I would love for you to tell me how I'm wrong. Excluding the visual voicemail issue. (I don't use VVM)
    06-02-10 06:46 PM
    Excellent post. So as opposed to you know, providing some kind of proof basis that my post is 'wrong on so many levels' (as someone who actually enjoys my device, and found solutions to some of these problems myself) I would love for you to tell me how I'm wrong. Excluding the visual voicemail issue. (I don't use VVM)
    How can it be that one person can have SO MANY PROBLEMS with SO MANY Storms??? (Just asking--it just seems so....strange)
    06-02-10 06:50 PM
    How can it be that one person can have SO MANY PROBLEMS with SO MANY Storms??? (Just asking--it just seems so....strange)
    If EVERY phone had the problem, it would be a defect- but it isn't- yours works, mine works, lots of people have no problems- so you can't say defect on the entire line. Are there going to be defective phones made? Yes, also a fact that can't be helped when you enter the human manufacturing factor into the picture. But you still can't say the entire line is bad. Also, the odds are next to nil that so many different phones have the same issue with the same person- it simply is not possible with how today's shipping and manufacturing works that the same person could get x number of phones made in the same batch at the same place by the same person at the same time. Every one of us uses "stuff" differently and that "stuff" reacts differently- sometimes it breaks in strange ways- that is probably more what is going on here in many cases. But, if you are the only one who has a problem and you are the only one who can duplicate the issue, then it is something that you are doing out of the norm or in your environment that is causing that issue- whether we want to admit it or not. So the companies replace the phones because they don't know either- it is normal and expected in the grand scheme of things and is easier and cheaper than having a full fledged tech going through every single phone- and the "techs" we deal with at the stores are not even close to the level of "tech" I am referring to. So again, is the entire line bad? NO. Are some people going to hate the phone and have problems no matter what? Yes. Are people going to bash me because of this comment? Most definitely. My point is simply this- if everyone had the same issue (and I mean EVERYONE- not some, not most but ALL)- you could blame it on the phone entirely. Until that happens, and it hasn't yet, there are so many other factors that cause issue that enter the picture that you simply cannot blame the phone entirely. And that point will come too with the Droids- you simply cannot foresee all of the issues with a device at release because everyone is different and uses things differently causing issues the manufacturer could never have dreamed of.
    06-03-10 06:32 AM
    I've had enough!! This thing just freezes all the time...keys get stuck...screen gets locked... unresponsive as ****...lag....

Worst phone ever...

Just bought a bold....
    Sorry to hear of your problems... I have had my Storm 2 now for a few months and absolutely no problems... Wonder if you ever had the Storm 1? Now that was a piece of ****. Good luck with your new choice...
    06-03-10 06:42 AM
    So much fail in this emo troll thread.
    Last edited by waker; 06-03-10 at 07:03 AM.
    06-03-10 07:00 AM
    wonder if you ever had the storm 1? Now that was a piece of ****.

+1

I kept my S1 for just 8 days, before returning it in utter frustration at how unstable it was. Between my wife and I, we had 3 S1's during that time and had tons of trouble with them. In fact, mine locked up tight within a hour of purchase--a harbinger of things to come...

------------
    06-03-10 10:15 AM
    Sorry to hear of your problems... I have had my Storm 2 now for a few months and absolutely no problems... Wonder if you ever had the Storm 1? Now that was a piece of ****. Good luck with your new choice...
    Funny you should say that about the s1, because no one was willing to admit that a year ago. Ironically when you hear people defend the s2, they are the same arguments that were made about the s1 last year. Practically verbatim. Weird huh?
    06-03-10 10:21 AM
    Funny you should say that about the s1, because no one was willing to admit that a year ago. Ironically when you hear people defend the s2, they are the same arguments that were made about the s1 last year. Practically verbatim. Weird huh?
    That doesn't hold for me. I'm sure that my comments here in April of 2009 indicated quite clearly my problems with the S1.
    06-03-10 10:39 AM
    I've had enough!! This thing just freezes all the time...keys get stuck...screen gets locked... unresponsive as ****...lag....

Worst phone ever...

Just bought a bold....
    i will take ur storm 2
    06-03-10 11:17 AM

Maybe I chose a wrong choice of words, 'offensive' any better? no...anyway what I was getting at, was your use of satire in the advice/solution to the OP's problems made me lol.
    06-03-10 11:44 AM
    I had no problems with my S1 or my S2...but the S2 is a MUCH better device.
    06-03-10 11:46 AM
69 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD