I've had enough!! This thing just freezes all the time...keys get stuck...screen gets locked... unresponsive as ****...lag....

Worst phone ever...

Just bought a bold....
    05-28-10 09:21 PM
    I want a bold.. damn verizon..
    05-28-10 09:37 PM
    Mind you I've had this damn 9550 for 7 months....so its not like I didnt try...
    05-28-10 09:38 PM
    But it is like you started another completely useless thread here.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-10 09:55 PM
    Same here man. The only thing keeping me around is the potential of OS6. But if it's a dud. I'm done with BB or might just go back to my 8830 which didnt have nearly as many problems with 1/8 the memory and a much older OS.
    05-28-10 09:56 PM
    Same here man. The only thing keeping me around is the potential of OS6. But if it's a dud. I'm done with BB or might just go back to my 8830 which didnt have nearly as many problems with 1/8 the memory and a much older OS.

What problems are you having with your S2?
    05-28-10 11:33 PM
    I've had enough!! This thing just freezes all the time...keys get stuck...screen gets locked... unresponsive as ****...lag....

Worst phone ever...

Just bought a bold....

Have you tried different OSs? What apps did you have running? Any themes?
    05-28-10 11:34 PM

Worst phone ever...

Just bought a bold....
    This is either a lie .... or you got a dud! Plain and simple. Sorry! It'll have small incidents like any other piece of electronics, but I highly doubt that all your complains are device problems verses lets say... user error!
    05-28-10 11:36 PM

Worst phone ever...

Just bought a bold....
    I see your sig says you are using a 9550 on Rogers. Considering Rogers doesn't sell the 9550, you must have bought a use one.
    Could be you bought someone's lemon.
    05-29-10 01:03 AM
    The storm 2 is obviously a hit or miss phone, its either you get a good one or a bad one. Everyone i am sure, is banking on the new os6 and its cool features and if the execs of rim area listening i hope they know that if the os6 does not work on the storm basically you will lose many of your storm users including myself who switch from the bold 2 to s2 just for os6. I am crossing my fingers on this one and hope i wont have to bang my head against the wall.
    05-29-10 06:05 AM
    The storm 2 is obviously a hit or miss phone, its either you get a good one or a bad one. Everyone i am sure, is banking on the new os6 and its cool features and if the execs of rim area listening i hope they know that if the os6 does not work on the storm basically you will lose many of your storm users including myself who switch from the bold 2 to s2 just for os6. I am crossing my fingers on this one and hope i wont have to bang my head against the wall.
    I agree but am amazed that this is the case. I would guess that around 5% are duds in one form or another. Before they changed the silicon or whatever it was under the screen I think it was a little higher (maybe 10%). My very first storm two was probably fine. I had a battery drain that was user error but the screen worked great. Since then, it took 4 storm two's to get a good one. I went through mushy screens, blown speaker after several months, and other issues. I've had my current storm two for a couple months and it is the best one I've ever owned (the responsiveness of the screen is better than every other one I owned). You would think they would pilot a few thousand of these to crackberry users before releasing and read the forums instead of putting out new technology that isn't perfected yet.
    05-29-10 07:46 AM

Worst phone ever...

Just bought a bold....
    good riddance to you. other than battery drain because of my settings, and usage which is moderate to heavy, i love my storm 2 i still have my curve 8330 sitting in a drawer and would never go back to it, heck i dont even think anyone would buy it thats why its in a drawer
    05-29-10 09:19 AM

Worst phone ever...

Just bought a bold....

enjoy your new phone.
    05-29-10 11:11 AM
    I have the same problems with my Storm 2.

It is slow even when i'm on BBM. I press on a key and it remains highlighted for several seconds. It cant possibly be a memory issue. I only have a few applications and a few launchers.
    05-29-10 11:21 AM
    I am satisified with the 9550.
    05-29-10 11:23 AM
    I am satisified with the 9550.
    same here, so even tho i have massive battery drain, i just ordered a second battery and battery only charger. had 3 batteries for my curve8330 and used all 3 each day,
    05-29-10 12:32 PM
    I love it when someone posts "worst phone ever" without the qualifier "that I've ever owned." As many here are saying, there are few problems with the S2. My only complaint at the moment is slightly reduced battery life with .607. I did trade my phone in for a replacement with the silicone sleeves on the actuators and it works like a dream.

Either the OP is suffering from user fault or, he has a faulty device. "worst phone EVER?". I hardly think so.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-10 12:39 PM
    I have no problems with my 9550 except 1, battery life. But I'm jumping over to bold 9650 when out.
    05-29-10 12:44 PM
    same here, so even tho i have massive battery drain, i just ordered a second battery and battery only charger. had 3 batteries for my curve8330 and used all 3 each day,
    what do you do with your curve that required 3 batteries a day??? My god, I can use my phone for several hours of conversations, a couple hours of Pandora, plenty of internet browsing, BBM'ing, SMS, and other functions, and it's a rare day when the battery has dropped below 50% within 12 hours. You must be on the phone a LOT (or you've got it loaded to the gills with utilities that are sucking the life out of your batteries)
    05-29-10 03:11 PM
    i've had enough!! This thing just freezes all the time...keys get stuck...screen gets locked... Unresponsive as ****...lag....

Worst phone ever...

Just bought a bold....
    fo troll! ,,,,,,,,
    05-29-10 03:12 PM
    This is either a lie .... or you got a dud! Plain and simple. Sorry! It'll have small incidents like any other piece of electronics, but I highly doubt that all your complains are device problems verses lets say... user error!
    why would I post a lie? Makes no sense. And I didn't get a Dud, bought it brand new with warranty and at first I thought it was a dud, but this is my second one, the first one Telus replaced it. I keep having the same issues. As Much as I love the idea of a touchscreen blackberry, actual practical use is just not up to par with the market....plus the thing is huge and heavy..

Crappy choice....been using the bold since yesterday and I couldnt be happier...
    05-29-10 07:08 PM
    what do you do with your curve that required 3 batteries a day??? My god, I can use my phone for several hours of conversations, a couple hours of Pandora, plenty of internet browsing, BBM'ing, SMS, and other functions, and it's a rare day when the battery has dropped below 50% within 12 hours. You must be on the phone a LOT (or you've got it loaded to the gills with utilities that are sucking the life out of your batteries)
    i am actually a project manager for motorola. and no i will not use the droid, wrong dept, i am in public safety communications, yes i beta tested the phone and after the bugs were worked out i still wont use it, but the curve would last the weekend on one battery with mild usage, but i was burning alot of min on the curve, still have the phone, sits in a drawer,, and is up for sale to the right person and offer
    05-29-10 07:20 PM
    I don't know why, after all this time, I still feel compelled to respond to these kind of posts, but here goes:

The Storm is the best phone I have ever owned.
    Without a doubt.
    Loved the Storm1 (even with the clunks).
    Love the Storm2 even more.

I love it so much, I might marry it.

Rich
    05-29-10 07:28 PM
    Another pointless thread. Crackberry's pointless thread count: 1001
    05-29-10 08:03 PM
    "worst phone EVER?". I hardly think so.
    You are correct! That distinction obviously belongs to the original storm.
    05-29-10 08:10 PM
69 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD