I just checked epocrates (the comprehensive pharmaceutical program) as I do daily to see if the storm is supported finally, and it is now!

You can get the program from http//get.epocrates.com

01-22-09 10:13 AM
    You forgot to add the : in your address
    01-22-09 10:27 AM
    i tried it. deleted it because it is ALWAYS running in the background. no way to exit application.
    01-22-09 10:50 AM
    01-22-09 11:00 AM
    Is that correct that it is always running with no way to exit out?
    01-22-09 12:23 PM
    It works great but IT DOES NOT CLOSE....it's always running. There is no option to close the program. drops my mem down to 9mb too
    01-22-09 12:45 PM
    It works great but IT DOES NOT CLOSE....it's always running. There is no option to close the program. drops my mem down to 9mb too
    Aw... I was going to install this buy this is very bad news... Can't we click on the blackberry key and then "close application"? Anybody else confirming any way to close?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-09 01:50 PM
    anyone know if there is any difference between this app and the one that was "illicitly" downloadable a couple of weeks ago. (see medical storm thread). They are the same version number.

BTW fwiw: i have had epocrates installed and running for a week or so and have have not noticed any slowdown of my storm. it running in the background is kind of nice as it loads up instantly.
    01-22-09 01:51 PM
    You forgot to add the : in your address
    That's because it was my second post. I can't post url's yet... thank you sith for providing the link...
    01-22-09 03:38 PM
    no way to close this app, but i've had it on my storm for a while.

it doesn't slow down my storm at all and no memory leak that i can notice (i've had it on it for days with no reboot and still over 40mb memory, max i've ever had is 48).

blond-
    i just deleted it and installed this "new" version. it works better than the previous. b4 i couldnt' scroll thru the tables and drug names, now i can.
    01-22-09 04:06 PM
    no way to close this app, but i've had it on my storm for a while.

it doesn't slow down my storm at all and no memory leak that i can notice (i've had it on it for days with no reboot and still over 40mb memory, max i've ever had is 48).

blond-
    i just deleted it and installed this "new" version. it works better than the previous. b4 i couldnt' scroll thru the tables and drug names, now i can.
    Oh... Yeah, I definitely wouldn't mind it running all the time as long as it doesn't affect the performance of the phone... No memory leak you say?
    01-22-09 10:26 PM
    Oh... Yeah, I definitely wouldn't mind it running all the time as long as it doesn't affect the performance of the phone... No memory leak you say?
    yep, no leak that i can notice.
    01-22-09 10:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD