Hi all! I'm looking for an app that will give me turn-by-turn directions on my 9530. I want something that will give me voice navigation, not just a list of directions. I know about Garmin Mobile, I just want to do some research before I drop $100 on it, you know? I definitely don't want to pay $10/month for VZNavigator. Thanks!
    02-25-09 09:30 PM
    Those are the two best options.

Try VZNav for a month and then try Garmin (there is a trial available).

You may find neither is worth the $$ or you may prefer one over the other.

Real world use is the only way to know.
    02-25-09 09:57 PM
    Garmin is decent - I still very much miss my TomTom on winmo. Haven't really found anything that matches it. I've tried both VZNav and Garmin - ended up going with Garmin because they are pretty much the same and I knew I would make it worth my money for keeping it 8 months.
    02-25-09 10:16 PM
    I love my Garmin...An extra 20% off may be the incentive to purchase it. Heres the link.

Garmin | Garmin Mobile for BlackBerry - Turn your BlackBerry into a savvy navigator with Garmin Mobile
    02-25-09 10:50 PM
    I prefer TeleNav over Garmin. Try it. You can get 30 days free. It Is a bit more expensive though. TeleNav has a feature where you can call information (like if you know the name of where you are going but not the address) and it will send the location to your device. Just takes a few seconds.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-09 11:49 PM
    If you use it often, VZ Nav is great. I use it daily, so the monthly fee is justified. I also get it for only $5 a month instead of $10. Everything is constantly updated, the real time traffic and detour option is amazing. I know a lot of the others have this already, but the $100 up front is a bit harsh.

Don't you have to pay for updates? I had Garmin on my laptop and sadly, the map updates weren't cheap.
    Last edited by Ravr; 02-25-09 at 11:58 PM.
    02-25-09 11:55 PM
    Thanks for your replies. I'll probably go with VZ Nav. I've used it before with no problems. Maybe I'll see if I can negotiate $5.
    02-26-09 11:22 AM

Don't you have to pay for updates? I had Garmin on my laptop and sadly, the map updates weren't cheap.
    One of the differences between Garmin "units" and "mobile" is that the with the mobile you do not have any maps on the unit, they are being pulled down from garmin so they are always "up to date".
    02-26-09 12:16 PM
    If you use it often, VZ Nav is great. I use it daily, so the monthly fee is justified. I also get it for only $5 a month instead of $10. Everything is constantly updated, the real time traffic and detour option is amazing. I know a lot of the others have this already, but the $100 up front is a bit harsh.

How are you able to get VZ Nav for $5 a month?
    02-26-09 04:24 PM
    VZ Navigator is great and couldn't have my phone without it on it. I don't know why it's always getting pooped on. Yeah, it's 10 dollars a month, big deal. You have a 500 dollar phone, get over it.
    02-26-09 04:38 PM
    How are you able to get VZ Nav for $5 a month?
    Certain companies that have ties with Verizon are able to give their employees discounts, usually half off/25% something around there off all plans and discounts on merchanidse/accessories+discounts on buying new phones/smartphones. If you manage to get into the VIP group + get employee discounts ur set lol.
    02-28-09 01:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD