I used to use Maufait which was great worked well when you were looking for a store and it would give directions and phone info so you could call them. They are now closing up shop and no longer will be around as of 1/31/09.

what program do you recommand that was a free program that will work on the new storm and not cause problems for it.

thanks
    01-21-09 04:14 PM
    Anyone? Please
    01-21-09 05:09 PM
    Well, you can and should use either Google or Live and search for the business you are looking for. If there is a phone number there, it will high-light it so you can call, and of course both show or link to maps that you can use to get there. You can also use an app that allows GPS to navigate you there. I personally use the Storm Garmin app, with links into Google and give me all that browser information, and then will navigate me there. Works for me!
    01-21-09 06:37 PM
    I used to use Maufait which was great worked well when you were looking for a store and it would give directions and phone info so you could call them. They are now closing up shop and no longer will be around as of 1/31/09.

what program do you recommand that was a free program that will work on the new storm and not cause problems for it.

thanks
    There is also Poynt local search - it provides business and movie lookup. The app was just recently launched for the BlackBerry Storm. There are plenty of reviews in the forums that will give you a good idea of what other users think of it.

You can get it OTA at m.mypoynt.com
    02-27-09 03:44 PM
    Poynt is ridiculously bad for getting phone numbers (SuperPages doesn't seem to ever "clean" out old numbers from the directory)
    02-27-09 03:54 PM
    not exactly the same, but there is berry411
    02-27-09 07:31 PM
    Also Google 411 is excellent!
    02-27-09 07:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD