I like carrying an extra battery for my pda at all times and I wasn't about to pay $40+ for one, which is/was the going rate for most of them on ebay. Then I found one for $13.00 ($9.99 + $3.99 shipping) from IshopExpress on ebay (search "turbo-express" on ebay), and it included one display protector very similar to the one Verizon sells. At the time, this was the only Storm battery on ebay for under $40.00, so I decided to take a shot on it even though I was ordering from China. IshopExpress had a 99.1% approval rating after 100+ transactions, so it was worth giving it a shot.

Well, I got the battery today. It took 10 days from the date ordered, which I think is about right for standard shipping coming from China. The battery arrived with a 75% charge and I am using it now. It looks identical in every way to the battery that came with my Storm (both are made in China). The lot code is slightly different, but other than that, the battery looks to be identical.

I see that there are more "cheap" Storm batteries being offered on ebay now from various suppliers. So far, I can endorse the one that I received from Turbo-Express. If I find that it doesn't hold a charge well or if I have other problems, I will post again.

With two wall chargers, a car charger and an extra battery, I should be in pretty good shape!
    Last edited by Sharkz; 12-23-08 at 05:37 PM.
    12-23-08 05:19 PM
    So you're telling me you got:
    One extra battery and one screen protector for $9.99
    ... with $3.99 standard shipping from China?!

What a steal. :]
    12-23-08 05:30 PM
    I looked up this seller in eBay and found out that he has nothing for sale right now.
    12-23-08 05:31 PM
    Ya, great deal. They do have stuff for sale now. Also sells battery charger & battery for $16.00 I think. Exact seller name on ebay is "turbo-express". I will make that correction to OP.
    12-23-08 05:36 PM
    Checking ebay now, one seller has the following:

1. Battery (1400 mAH)
    2. Charging Cradle
    3. Screen Protectors
    4. Leather Case
    5. USB Wall Charger

All for 20.95!!!?????
    12-23-08 05:53 PM
    Checking ebay now, one seller has the following:

1. Battery (1400 mAH)
    2. Charging Cradle
    3. Screen Protectors
    4. Leather Case
    5. USB Wall Charger

All for 19.99!!!?????
    Oooh, tempted to look this up and purchase it..
    12-23-08 05:55 PM
    Got link

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-08 06:03 PM
    storm battery, Cell Phones PDAs, Toys Hobbies items on eBay.com

This seller has several listed, same deal.

Here is also a link to the seller's store:

eBay Store - OEMChina:
    12-23-08 06:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD