Time to jump ship from my blackberry to my new nexus one. Its been a good year but I need something more like a phone and not a paper weight. I'm tired of the memory leaks and ****ty OS updates. Have fun other storm owners!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-10 03:05 PM
    I also must say goodbye Crackberry. I have gotten great benefits from this site to fixing over and over my Storm. I went to the Droid Incredible.. Tired of memory leaks, battery pulls and a O/S which really has nothing to put on it. I use my 9530 to help keep the couch level. It never needs a battery pull and I wouldn't wish this phone on anyone which is why I didn't sell it. I now have a phone with more power than some laptops with over 52,000 apps and 1000s of gadgets. yes the battery life sucks but it is better to charge more often then to pull the damn thing out to make a call. With the Storm, that is all I did and it's wishful thinking if you are getting O/S 6 anytime soon. Not on Verizon you won't unless you pony up big $$ for their newest crap Blackberry at the time.

Again, thanks for the help here without I couldn't learn how to brick my phone every 3 months so I could re-load everything just to make it work right. Blackberry or RIM has been a BIG disappointment.
    Last edited by Emtronics; 06-10-10 at 03:20 PM.
    06-10-10 03:17 PM
    Well good luck with your new phones. I still say most of the problems people are having with their Storm is user error. Year and a half with my Storm and still no problems. The only time I have ever reloaded the OS is when an updates comes out. I only do a battery pull every three days. With 12 apps installed I still boot up with 30MB of memory. I never miss an e-mail and I know I'll be able to get to any website I need to without worry.
    06-10-10 03:32 PM
    Well good luck with your new phones. I still say most of the problems people are having with their Storm is user error. Year and a half with my Storm and still no problems. The only time I have ever reloaded the OS is when an updates comes out. I only do a battery pull every three days. With 12 apps installed I still boot up with 30MB of memory. I never miss an e-mail and I know I'll be able to get to any website I need to without worry.
    If that is indeed the case, then there are eons of idiots on crackberry experiencing those same "user errors". If you go through it's own rants and raves section, you will see that there's hardly any raves.

And on a side note, did you really just say 12 apps?
    06-10-10 03:59 PM
    Actually I forgot to count the games and themes loaded (which are apps too) so I have 20.

06-10-10 05:49 PM
    I agree some issues are user errors but after scanning all the forums here that is hard to believe that users are causing most of the errors. IMO, Blackberry is Latin for error prone. The concept is great and if you are a business that needs to manage their phones, then Blackberry is the way to go. Otherwise, as a private person, my Storm 1 has been a nightmare. The first one, the screen went out. User error? Nope The second one, all sounds stopped. User error? Nope. The third one the camera simply refused to work even after Verizon got a hold of it. User error? Nope The fourth one locks up and plays dead. User error? Nope but at least a battery pull cures it...so far. Any apps on this phone. Nope. Don't dare load anything on it. Verizon manager knows I have been screwed but won't do anything for relief, so I eat it and buy a different phone.
    06-11-10 03:44 PM
    Time to jump ship from my blackberry to my new nexus one. Its been a good year but I need something more like a phone and not a paper weight. I'm tired of the memory leaks and ****ty OS updates. Have fun other storm owners!

don't forget to turn on spell check!
    06-11-10 03:47 PM
    If that is indeed the case, then there are eons of idiots on crackberry experiencing those same "user errors". If you go through it's own rants and raves section, you will see that there's hardly any raves.

And on a side note, did you really just say 12 apps?
    I have a Storm 9530 and have never had to replace it. I have 37 apps installed, not including RIM addons such as app world. I even use weatherbug nand Viigo, which are both memory suckers. none of the apps I have installed are pointless novelty apps.

I kick a55 with typing on my Storm and have had zero screen problems since doing the torx screw fix. I can type faster on my Storm than most people can type on their Storm2.

i do a battery pull about every two days just for the heck of it.

I get my emails the instant they hit my server

I get great use out of my Storm and bet I could get similar performance out of just about anyone else's.

Just thought I'd let you know. Your highlighting of "12" made me think that you didn't believe it was possible to have that many apps. I thought I'd let you know that the Storm is capable of reliable performance under much greater demand that 12 apps.
    06-11-10 06:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD