Very impressed with this app and do choose it over Amaze GPS
    06-09-09 09:06 PM
    I like that everyone who has posted in this thread so far has less than 50 posts. Now back to our regular programming: I think that I'll stick with Poynt + GoogleMaps integration. Both are free and serve my purposes well.
    That's because we don't spike up our post numbers by writing dumb sh!t like this.
    06-10-09 04:37 AM
    I downloaded this and used it for a few days. For Navigation, it..... is..... slow..... to tell you anything. I'm not sure why but there is a 1-2 second pause at least between any 2 words the app says. Also, it doesn't show me a map when navigating so its a bit hard to follow since there is no plotted course to match the spoken directions. The resturant and gas listings were nice (though there was not way I found to get diesel prices), but I'm not so picky that I need to search out some specific place to eat and read reviews before going.. "Hey, there's a place, lets try it out." See, its not so hard.

The other annoying part of navigation was it constantly saying "Continue".. "Continue".. "Continue".. OMG! STFU!!!

Personally I don't plan on using this any more. I've got a nice magellan unit that works great if I need a nav system. In a pinch I can get directions from BB or Google maps and they just won't talk to me.
    06-11-09 02:03 PM
    Using it now, this is my new favorite app. Its worth checkin out. Just about everything is customizable to your needs.
    06-12-09 11:58 AM
    Just D/L this app. today and I keep getting either network is unavailalble or Network Error 400. Does anyone know if their server is down?
    06-17-09 06:09 PM
    I am loving LifeInPocket too! Not just way better than those free ones. It's more solid than those $10 per month services.

I got rid of Telenav, it hangs all the time, very slow and failed on me when ever I really need it.

Tried VZ Navigator for a month an it didn't impress me.

I have a Garmin handheld while map, POI, ... were out dated after one year and they want big money for update. No real time info such as traffic report, gas price and I don't really want to carry it around.

Don't use voice navigation, if you don't like women talking to you.
    Does this app have local traffic reports and gas prices?
    06-17-09 06:40 PM
    I cant figure out how to enter an address in for nav. It looks like you have to make it a contact and then nav to it, but I dont want to make all addresses a contact. Anyone have better luck?
    06-18-09 02:02 PM
    Life in Pocket has a lot to like, but I find the NAV system slow and miss not having a map to look at. The NAV module seems to be simplified too much.

Also not much coverage in rural areas

Amaze does better for NAV
    07-06-09 06:26 PM
    Press "Enter Destination" and select a category then you can enter the destination address.

Press on the address then you can navigate or view route before navigation.

It will also be stored in your online address book, very organized and thoughtful.
    I typed in the address, but I can't select it to navigate or view route. A little help here?
    07-12-09 04:35 PM
    Thanks, Vincentslot, however, when I follow those steps, it still asks for a name; either first, last, or company name. Should I just save it as "Test" or "Dummy" and change the address everytime I conduct a search?
    07-12-09 07:23 PM
    I actually have been using this app for a little bit now....and since its free i was willing to overlook the slow speech on the app, and some other minor annoyances.

Today ran into something that wasnt so nice about it....couldnt find an address. It could locate where i was once in the house, but the address itself LIP couldnt find at all.

Hit it up on google maps thinking i typed it in wrong but google maps was able to locate the address Very quickly.

Also it seems to have trouble with roads that run into each other didnt seem to pick that up.....kept saying "merge onto hwy" when i was already on the road.
    07-12-09 07:45 PM
    If you have been using various of map and nav solutions, you will realize that they all miss small number of various of addresses. To my experience, LifeInPocket's data base is better than Telenav. Google map missed some addresses too but it seems to be less than LifeInPocket probably because it's the most used map.

If you have both LifeInPocket and Google Mobile map to compensate each other then you are in good hand.

The voice is fast with my Curve but for some reason it slow on storm. I sent them beta feedback and they responded "It's caused by Storm CODEC, we already have an workaround .... will have the workaround in next release.
    this is nice to know.

in all honesty this is the first address a gps system has missed for me...in all the time i have been using various gps services. so for me it was a bit of a let down. Hopefully with the next update it will fix it all!

Im hoping they also fix the two roads running into each other problem
    07-14-09 07:26 PM
    I like that everyone who has posted in this thread so far has less than 50 posts. Now back to our regular programming: I think that I'll stick with Poynt + GoogleMaps integration. Both are free and serve my purposes well.
    U have 216...?
    So your opinion is 2.212 X more important than theirs...??
    Post count....
    BWWWWWAAA-HA-HAAAAAAAAAA...
    Thanks for the 1st laugh of the day..
    07-26-09 09:35 PM
    The slow voice is a killer I can't wait for the new update

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-09 02:09 AM
    It seems okay, don't get me wrong - but really? Do I HAVE to create a contact out of the address I want GPS navigation to?

That part takes forever, and frankly I should be able to simply enter an address and hit "GO" and have it plot a route. Making a contact out of it, editing contact info, etc - it's a pain!
    07-27-09 02:44 AM
    It seems okay, don't get me wrong - but really? Do I HAVE to create a contact out of the address I want GPS navigation to?

That part takes forever, and frankly I should be able to simply enter an address and hit "GO" and have it plot a route. Making a contact out of it, editing contact info, etc - it's a pain!
    i agree that is a pain..but if there is a way to shut it off great.

and thats good to know they are constantly trying to improve the app.
    08-02-09 04:54 PM
    I have been downloading many free nav apps. I plan to try them all out and keep the best. I can't seem to get life in pocket to pick up my location though. I have a BB pearl 1830. My carrier is Verizon. Anyone know what I am missing?
    08-05-09 02:54 PM
    I downloaded this today for the first time and for the life of me when I try to sign in I cant get the password field highlighted to enter my password to sign in. I have to shut down the app then go to the enable compatabilty mode just to be able to sign in. Anyone run into this? this app seems very good from what I can tell.
    12-20-09 02:43 PM
    I'm having the same exact problem. Downloaded and installed today. Can't get past the username. Running 419/428 hybrid if that makes a difference.

I downloaded this today for the first time and for the life of me when I try to sign in I cant get the password field highlighted to enter my password to sign in. I have to shut down the app then go to the enable compatabilty mode just to be able to sign in. Anyone run into this? this app seems very good from what I can tell.
    12-22-09 04:22 PM
    I'm running the official .320. Finally got it to get where I would stay signed in and switched back to the disable mode. P.I.A. But it can be done FirePsych.

12-22-09 05:51 PM
    I'm running .428 and yes I had to enable compatibility mode to log in. Just make sure the save login is checked then disable after its successful. This app works great for me. Turn by turn works good you just have to pay attention. If you really need to see the map use the map feature and it will give you the full directions on either google or blackberry maps. For being free this app is awesome. The local search is better than poynt imo.

12-22-09 07:31 PM
    Thanks. switched modes and got it done. So far it looks good.

I'm running the official .320. Finally got it to get where I would stay signed in and switched back to the disable mode. P.I.A. But it can be done FirePsych.

12-23-09 12:04 PM
    This app works great for me. Turn by turn works good you just have to pay attention. If you really need to see the map use the map feature and it will give you the full directions on either google or blackberry maps. For being free this app is awesome. The local search is better than poynt imo.

I didn't go to compatible mode. Instead, press down couple times after each entry and move to other text filelds couple times then I could highlight other files to enter but the hardworking is paid off by using this nice small app.

The local search is better than Poynt and the news & media are better than viigo.

I didn't have sign in problem with Storm1 though.

Google Sync has exactly same problem with Storm2 sign-in page, is RIM aware of this OS bug.
    12-25-09 03:49 PM
    I've tried enabling compatibility mode but I still cant seem to click on the icon of my choice after signing in. Is anybody else here using the 9530 on version 5.0? Its just not letting me highlight anything that I want. Any suggestions?
    12-26-09 03:42 PM
    You need to turn off compatibility mode when using the app.

The only reason to enable compatibility mode is because Storm2 has an API bug that makes moving between Text Input Fields very difficult (such as sign in page). But for my Storm1 there's no such issue.

So, I guess if your BB is Storm1 then you should have not need to switched to compatibility mode to work around with the sign in page.

Disable compatibility mode then it will be OK!
    12-26-09 07:13 PM
73 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD